is peat where everyone eventually ends up ?

uuy8778yyi

raw vegans - failure
paleo - fails
vegetariansism - usually fails
vegans - fails too
gluten free - fails in the end
nut and seed diet - fails too
meat and avocados diet - failure
the walnut diet - no explanation needed

start a peat diet. do okay on it. feel better.

is this the "end of the road" ?

There is a thread somewhere about forum users who disappeared, so I don't think it's the "end of the road" but maybe they simply drank enough orange juice and transcended I don't know.

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

I meant "end of the road" in a good way, as a good thing

Brian

I think most people, after getting hormones more balanced, end up at a pretty mainstream mixed macro diet (lower in unnecessary things like PUFA and low quality industrial food additives) plus some of the well proven supplements such as A,D,E,K and B complex, and getting more sunlight/red light therapy. That's where I'm at.

Strongbad

Ray Peat, in my opinion, is the paleo diet done right. But it's not exactly newbie-friendly because it's extremely scientific and not exactly a normal diet. Mexican Coca Cola and Orange Juice and Milk and oysters, liver, salt and lots of sugar? Get a lot of "you're insane" look when explaining what my diet is like :(

It won't be popular any time soon

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Brian said:
I think most people, after getting hormones more balanced, end up at a pretty mainstream mixed macro diet (lower in unnecessary things like PUFA and low quality industrial food additives) plus some of the well proven supplements such as A,D,E,K and B complex, and getting more sunlight/red light therapy. That's where I'm at.
Yep, me too. :D

BingDing

Peat, "The End of History and the Last Diet", LOL.

Except that I think it is true. Not necessarily strict Peat for people who have bad digestion or are really sick, but general Peat for anyone with any sense, like Brian and Blossom say.

Has anyone been on any forum the OP mentioned and saw something like "I was following Ray Peat for a couple years, at first I felt great but lately my health is deteriorating quickly"?

It just doesn't happen. Some people quit because of the weight gain but nobody gets sick following RPs advice.

Compare that to the many introductions and testimonials on the forum, where people did get sick or go downhill from some of the diets the OP mentioned.

:2cents, BD

I think there has been at least one type 2 diabetic that got scared and left the forum, which is most unfortunate cuz I think she could have been cured had she stayed and applied the principles long enough.

BingDing

I wasn't aware of that BP. It is too bad, I think several women with type 2 have recovered with RP. At least she didn't get worse while she tried to understand it.

nikotrope

On peatarian.com people are more nuanced about RP but they all agree it helped them to get a better understanding of nutrition and health. A strict peat diet might not be the end of the road for everybody, but you upgrade your car to a Ferrari at least!

There are also ex-Peaters who went low carb. They agree with RP for a lot of things (mitochondria respiration, thyroid, metabolism, gelatin, dairy products, etc) just not on sugar.

kiran

It can take a bit of effort to figure out what kind of stress is causing the elevated sugar levels and then potentially change your diet to fix it. Thats too much to ask for sometimes.

In general its really not newbie friendly, too many factors to tweak. Individual allergies and food quality/availability can make it hard to have a standard Peat diet.

BingDing said:
Peat, "The End of History and the Last Diet", LOL.

Except that I think it is true. Not necessarily strict Peat for people who have bad digestion or are really sick, but general Peat for anyone with any sense, like Brian and Blossom say.

Has anyone been on any forum the OP mentioned and saw something like "I was following Ray Peat for a couple years, at first I felt great but lately my health is deteriorating quickly"?

It just doesn't happen. Some people quit because of the weight gain but nobody gets sick following RPs advice.

Compare that to the many introductions and testimonials on the forum, where people did get sick or go downhill from some of the diets the OP mentioned.

:2cents, BD

No I've seen a couple people storm off, it does happen. Of course their deterioration is just as much an opinion as with other diets.

halken

I think this is the case for me. Pretty sure I've been through almost everything else.

cout12

nikotrope said:
There are also ex-Peaters who went low carb. They agree with RP for a lot of things (mitochondria respiration, thyroid, metabolism, gelatin, dairy products, etc) just not on sugar.
Damn that is crazy. I did paleo with ~100g of carb/sugar a day for ~3 years and now I'm on my 3rd year of peating with about 300-500g of carb/sugar per day and so far, high sugar diet is far superior for me. I'm not sure if 3 years is long enough to really know but I'm almost certain my body is made to eat tons of sugar. There doesn't seem to be any downside to eating sugar, only upsides for me.

Well Ray Peat said ketones are better than sugar.

BingDing

Such_Saturation said:

What? He has said dietary ketones are fine, but making them ourselves is a high stress situation. It would surprise me if he recommends that.

BingDing said:
Such_Saturation said:

What? He has said dietary ketones are fine, but making them ourselves is a high stress situation. It would surprise me if he recommends that.

Ray Peat just mentioned the molecules of ketone bodies are "even better" than the sugar ones, nothing else.

OP
uuy8778yyi

uuy8778yyi

halken said:
I think this is the case for me. Pretty sure I've been through almost everything else.

all roads lead to ray peat

and end there too.