Is it Crazy to take Ivermectin Every Day?

peatmoss

I don't post on other forums, and am most active on twitter @quaxpod

Chronic fatigue is what I dealt with for years. I did this protocol which really opened up life for me. There was a time before this protocol, and a time after:

After that protocol, I started doing gut microbiome tests and still do them every couple months. I plug the data into Ken Lassesen's microbiome site and get supplement recommendations for sleep from it. The recommendations always change, from schisandra, rice bran, wasabi, chitosan, fucoidan, etc etc. The microbiome is a moving target so I constantly rotate different supplements to make sure my sleep stays good.
Fantastic! Really appreciate all that you have contributed!

Mauritio

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but it's very interesting and would explain why @Tarmander saw benefits on long term blood sugar.

Ivermectin is an agonist on the FX-Receptor (FXR) .
(The antiparasitic drug ivermectin is a novel FXR ligand that regulates metabolism - Nature Communications)

This receptor is beeing studied as potential target for treating diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) or even for reversing liver fibrosis.
Which might explain the benefits it has on blood sugar.

Wikipedia:
"Activation of FXR in diabetic mice reduces plasma glucose and improves insulin sensitivity, whereas inactivation of FXR has the opposite effect.[7]"

(Farnesoid X receptor: a master regulator of hepatic triglyceride and glucose homeostasis)

Here are a few other threads to make yourself familiar with the FXR . Androsterone and bile acids are popular activators of the FXR.

1. (Androsterone Is A Potent Agonist / Activator Of The Farnesoid X Receptor (FXR))

2.(Bile Acids as a New Type of Steroid Hormones Regulating Nonspecific Energy Expenditure of the Body)

3. (How Bile Acids Confer Gut Mucosal Protection Against Bacteria)

4. (Various Synthetic FXR-Agonists With Interesting Capacities)

Last edited:

Mauritio

This FXR stuff is really fascinating. Here's a good review of the studies.

Recent advances in the development of farnesoid X receptor agonists

"These results highlight the effect of FXR activation on liver growth and regeneration and their potential important implication in clinical practice."

"FXR activation has been shown to prevent and resolve liver fibrosis in rodents"

"Administration of 6-ethyl CDCA [Pointless: a FXR agonist] reduced plaque formation by 95%, reduced aortic expression of the inflammatory cytokines interleukin (IL)-1β, IL-6, and CD11b (31). FXR activation also reduced hepatic expression of sterol regulatory element binding protein 1c, resulting in reduced triglyceride and cholesterol content in the liver and amelioration of hyperlipidemia (31). These findings suggest that FXR ligands might be used in the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis."

"FXR has been shown to be important in preventing gallstone formation in susceptible mice."

"Mice lacking FXR were found to spontaneously develop hepatocellular adenomas and carcinomas after 12 months"

Could be a missing link for Peatarians seeking to resolve liver issues.

Thank you, this is very nice summary. FXR also seems to be a master activator of mitochondrial biogenesis and some other thermogenic steroids like progesterone and allopregnanolone also potently activate it.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but it's very interesting and would explain why @Tarmander saw benefits on long term blood sugar.

Ivermectin is an agonist on the FX-Receptor (FXR) .
(The antiparasitic drug ivermectin is a novel FXR ligand that regulates metabolism - Nature Communications)

This receptor is beeing studied as potential target for treating diabetes, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) or even for reversing liver fibrosis.
Which might explain the benefits it has on blood sugar.

Wikipedia:
"Activation of FXR in diabetic mice reduces plasma glucose and improves insulin sensitivity, whereas inactivation of FXR has the opposite effect.[7]"

(Farnesoid X receptor: a master regulator of hepatic triglyceride and glucose homeostasis)

Here are a few other threads to make yourself familiar with the FXR . Androsterone and bile acids are popular activators of the FXR.

1. (Androsterone Is A Potent Agonist / Activator Of The Farnesoid X Receptor (FXR))

2.(Bile Acids as a New Type of Steroid Hormones Regulating Nonspecific Energy Expenditure of the Body)

3. (How Bile Acids Confer Gut Mucosal Protection Against Bacteria)

4. (Various Synthetic FXR-Agonists With Interesting Capacities)
Thanks for sharing

IVM had a strange effect on my blood sugars. At first it raised them and raised insulin needs. Overtime those went down back to normal.

Mauritio

Thanks for sharing

IVM had a strange effect on my blood sugars. At first it raised them and raised insulin needs. Overtime those went down back to normal.
The blood sugar thing really is not that important.

All other effects you notice simply might be due to activation of this receptor.

Mauritio

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

The blood sugar thing really is not that important.

All other effects you notice simply might be due to activation of this receptor.
well it was kind of important to me lol

If my insulin needs had kept going up I definitely would have stopped taking it

Mauritio

well it was kind of important to me lol

If my insulin needs had kept going up I definitely would have stopped taking it
Yeah :D should have said important to me.
I think in comparison to the FXR activation it's insignificant for most ,just because FXR is so pro-metabolic . I've been on a FXR binge these last two days and, what this receptor can do is wild.

OP
Tarmander

Tarmander

Yeah :D should have said important to me.
I think in comparison to the FXR activation it's insignificant for most ,just because FXR is so pro-metabolic . I've been on a FXR binge these last two days and, what this receptor can do is wild.
what are some of the other ways to activate it?

Mauritio

what are some of the other ways to activate it?
Progesterone, bile acids, androsterone, cafestol,...

I'd have to look up the dosages though. Androsterone was needed in relatively high doses of 10-15mg.

LadyRae

In December I took a horse paste syringe (treats 1250lbs) over 9 days, and I'm currently in the middle of the same protocol. I noticed increased tiredness/some light headedness the first couple days, then more energy, clearer thinking/alertness, better sleep (no wake-ups), more bowel movements (but not diarrhea), and flatter stomach. Markedly decreased bloating or feeling of "too full" after meals.

Last week our family was exposed to a kid at a party who later that night tested positive for c0v1D, so I dosed my kids age 14 and 16 (one blob on finger-highly scientific). My 16 YEAR old got constipated, but after a day felt great. No illness so far...

golder

In December I took a horse paste syringe (treats 1250lbs) over 9 days, and I'm currently in the middle of the same protocol. I noticed increased tiredness/some light headedness the first couple days, then more energy, clearer thinking/alertness, better sleep (no wake-ups), more bowel movements (but not diarrhea), and flatter stomach. Markedly decreased bloating or feeling of "too full" after meals.

Last week our family was exposed to a kid at a party who later that night tested positive for c0v1D, so I dosed my kids age 14 and 16 (one blob on finger-highly scientific). My 16 YEAR old got constipated, but after a day felt great. No illness so far...
I’ve found some of these horse paste syringes. Are the excipients/fillers in the liquid safe to take orally? All the pharmaceutical ivermectin is sold out everywhere I look, unsurprisingly. Thanks!

LadyRae

I’ve found some of these horse paste syringes. Are the excipients/fillers in the liquid safe to take orally? All the pharmaceutical ivermectin is sold out everywhere I look, unsurprisingly. Thanks!
Well, these pastes have been used for decades successfully in horses so honestly I am just assuming so. I haven't researched the inactive ingredients.

Sefton10

Well, these pastes have been used for decades successfully in horses so honestly I am just assuming so. I haven't researched the inactive ingredients.
When you use some of a syringe, do you keep what’s left or are you using a new syringe each time?

OliviaD

When you use some of a syringe, do you keep what’s left or are you using a new syringe each time?
You keep it ! You will get many doses from a syringe meant for a 1500 lb horse. Ivermectin is dosed by weight, and most people use 0.2 -0.6mg/kg depending on your purpose or who you listen to. 0.2 mg/kg is the usual anti parasite dose for humans and animals. I bought 3 different brands (I just bought them all up, and the syringes were all calibrated the same - in units of 250 lbs - at a 0.2 mg/kg concentration. So, at 100 lbs, I was getting between 0.4 - 0.5 mg/kg, so that was perfect.

I used this before I could get 'human' pills. They don't list the other ingredients, b/c apparently they don't have to for animals. I didn't have any negative effects that I'm aware of and it helped me, for the severe shedding sickness I was having. I did feel that the human pills worked a little better; although I suspect b/c I am lucky to have a compounding pharmacist who makes a capsule with just the IVM, with exactly my dose.

OliviaD

Who knows.... I used them and they didn't hurt me acutely. You would have to contact the manufacturer to try to get the ingredients, they don't have to list them for horses, apparently, so they don't - even in an insert that comes with some of them. I just lived dangerously and never checked :)

OliviaD

Back in Sept-Oct, I did a podcast about how to use Ivermectin. I tried it a couple times so I had some personal experience with it.

Around 8-12 hours after taking it, something strange happened...people noticed me much more often. Women stared at me more, guys patted me on the back and shoulder, one women asked me on a date. It wore off after around 24-36 hours.

So fast forward to a month ago, I decided to do a 5 day trial of the drug. 12mg per day just to see how I would react.

I never stopped taking it and it's been about a month. The stuff is amazing for me. I am building muscle in my back and shoulders and arms like I never have before. I can do more pushups/burpees, row for longer, and my leg muscles have gotten thicker. My mental health is much calmer and focused. I have been on more dates in the last month then the last 2 years.

I have had CFS in the past and still do to a certain extent. My theory is the antiviral component suppressed a virus that was lowering my dopamine and testosterone. This virus would be the cause of my CFS, maybe an enterovirus of some kind (theorized to cause CFS).

So, am I crazy to want to take Ivermectin every day? Can you give me a good reason not to, weighed against these benefits?

I am moving forward in life and getting what I want in a way I haven't in 10 years, so some slight concerns are really not going to sway me much.
Wow - maybe I need to take it more. I did the 5 days in a row, then 2x/week consistently, sometimes more after exposures to a lot of vaxxed for about 6 months. I took it because I got very sick from what I am certain was vax shedding. I moved in with my parents (both vaxxed) to take care of my mother while she was dying after the multiple heart attacks she had right after her second shot. I had no idea shedding was a thing.. and thought I was just exhausted, however due to continued going downhill, and later noticing a definite pattern when many newly vaxxed relatives came around or stayed in the house; and learning about it, I realized what was going on. The IVM saved me.

I do have GI issues and fatigue still, so maybe I should try taking it daily for a month at a lower dose. I was doing 0.4 mg/kg, as that was the 'viral' protection dose. I assume you are taking closer to the usual 0.2 mg/kg at 12 mg. I weigh 100 lbs and took the doctor ordered 18 mg capsules, made by a compounding pharmacist. She suggested I continue for a year, so I really need pick up my refill!

I never thought of it doing more than that. I didn't have any men looking at me, or get any dates, but I'm 61 years old, so that probably has more to do with it.

Birdie

I've never checked the excipients in the pills either.

Gûs80

"On neurological point of view patients describe memory impairment abs concentration , described as “ brain fog “ and is highly suggestive of chronic fatigue syndrome. Although a specific treatment is not yet validated to treat Long COVID syndrome , we reported our experience with ivermectin in such patients. We treated 50 patients with 0,2 mg /kg to 0,4 mg/kg for 3 to 7 days according symptomatic expression ( mild to moderate ). We found a resolution in 85% of the patients treated with Ivermectin. Our experience suggest that ivermectin could be a gold standard treatment in long COVID neurological symptoms"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals