Would it be harmful to take just 1mg of Ivermectin to see if my body is ok with it?

HeyThere

My concern is this...

Ivermectin works with the pathways of GABA and Glutamate. Apparently, I have issues with these 2 things. If I take more than a fingertip dab of NAC I will turn into a raging lunatic due to excess Glutamate. This tiny bit will make me relaxed though. Same with Melatonin. More than 1MG and I'm up all night.

Also, lifelong stress and panic and alcohol to deal must have compromised my blood brain barrier, and this is what makes Ivermectin safe: it doesn't cross the BBB, unless yours is messed up, which mine might be.

I would like to take Ivermectin to see if it will help heal some stuff in my body. Parasites? No idea. Could be. I've heard other people getting surprising health benefits from taking Iverm. I have it, I want to try it, I am scared. I don't want to mess up my nervous system or whatever happens should it cross the BBB.

So, I wondered what if I just try 1mg. Crush the 12mg pill and take a teeny bit.

Any thoughts?

Steve

My concern is this...

Ivermectin works with the pathways of GABA and Glutamate. Apparently, I have issues with these 2 things. If I take more than a fingertip dab of NAC I will turn into a raging lunatic due to excess Glutamate. This tiny bit will make me relaxed though. Same with Melatonin. More than 1MG and I'm up all night.

Also, lifelong stress and panic and alcohol to deal must have compromised my blood brain barrier, and this is what makes Ivermectin safe: it doesn't cross the BBB, unless yours is messed up, which mine might be.

I would like to take Ivermectin to see if it will help heal some stuff in my body. Parasites? No idea. Could be. I've heard other people getting surprising health benefits from taking Iverm. I have it, I want to try it, I am scared. I don't want to mess up my nervous system or whatever happens should it cross the BBB.

So, I wondered what if I just try 1mg. Crush the 12mg pill and take a teeny bit.

Any thoughts?
Ray Peat said on an interview that humans are unlikely to have a parasite problem for which Ivermectin would be helpful.....or something along those lines. That was after someone asked if taking it every so often may be beneficial. He didn't seem to thank so. I took it for 5 days for Covid and did not notice anything unusual. I have no idea if it helped with the Covid or not since I'm still not right 23 days since it initially started.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

Ray Peat said on an interview that humans are unlikely to have a parasite problem for which Ivermectin would be helpful.....or something along those lines. That was after someone asked if taking it every so often may be beneficial. He didn't seem to thank so. I took it for 5 days for Covid and did not notice anything unusual. I have no idea if it helped with the Covid or not since I'm still not right 23 days since it initially started.

I guess I should have phrased it differently... I know it's not an antibiotic, but you need to be specific with antibiotics and their dosage to work. Would i be messing things up if i only took 1 mg of Ivermectin.

Again, I would be trying it to see if it would help my body in ways I don't even know about. I've heard numerous stories by now of cancers going into remission, a man's lungs felt better than in his whole life, another felt better over all, etc.

Steve

I guess I should have phrased it differently... I know it's not an antibiotic, but you need to be specific with antibiotics and their dosage to work. Would i be messing things up if i only took 1 mg of Ivermectin.

Again, I would be trying it to see if it would help my body in ways I don't even know about. I've heard numerous stories by now of cancers going into remission, a man's lungs felt better than in his whole life, another felt better over all, etc.
No idea on how Ivermectin works, but I've read it's quite safe. You would probably need to google it a bit to see if anyone has had an adverse event from taking it for a short time. I felt absolutely nothing when I took it for 5 days.

AspiringSage

It was considered very safe until media hysteria declared it strychnine. . . I don’t even think you’ll notice 1mg. During my second bout of covid, I took approximately 85mg over a single week. I did this with a 25mg loading dose of injectable ivermectin right into the thigh muscle and divided oral doses 3 x 20mg on alternate following days. Both the injectable and oral medication were intended for veterinary use only.

I didn’t experience any side effects distinguishable from covid symptoms aside from mild burning at the injection site. Obviously, such doses are significantly higher than any human medical protocol that I’ve ever seen and no one should abuse veterinary products.

On other occasions, I have taken 12.5mg to 25mg orally with no side effects. These were successful experiments in controlling inflammation/treating long covid.

The above was shared for informational/harm reduction purposes only and shouldn’t be taken as medical advise. Take medications under the supervision of your healthcare provider. Sometimes my lab ferret gets excited and runs around on my keyboard - I can’t be held responsible for his posts.

AspiringSage

No idea on how Ivermectin works, but I've read it's quite safe. You would probably need to google it a bit to see if anyone has had an adverse event from taking it for a short time. I felt absolutely nothing when I took it for 5 days.

Among other things Ivermectin is a protease inhibitor. This video explains that property better than I might: Dr John Campbell - New Pfizer drug and ivermectin

Anti inflammatory: Ivermectin may be a clinically useful anti-inflammatory agent for late-stage COVID-19

Generally useful info: Nature - Ivermectin: enigmatic multifaceted ‘wonder’ drug continues to surprise and exceed expectations

Also seems to treat some cancers and skin conditions.

DeadCatBounce

If you are not deficient in something - don't take it. Never heard of Ivermectin defiency.

Ivermectin is a chemical like many others. Nothing will "cure" you unless taken for a specific reason and specific pathway of the drug. From what I read you have no idea why you want to take it. Why not take some heroin ? At least you might like the buzz.... Will calm you down.

Btw if you have a GABA issues - alchohol is the worst thing to use. Will only make the problems worse.

Last edited:
OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

If you are not deficient in something - don't take it. Never heard of Ivermectin defiency.

Ivermectin is a chemical like many others. Nothing will "cure" you unless taken for a specific reason and specific pathway of the drug. From what I read you have no idea why you want to take it. Why not take some heroin ? At least you might like the buzz.... Will calm you down.

Btw if you have a GABA issues - alchohol is the worst thing to use. Will only make the problems worse.

As stated above, it can help or cure some skin issues. I'm tired of mine. NAC has helped, but it's not the fix so far.

AspiringSage

As stated above, it can help or cure some skin issues. I'm tired of mine. NAC has helped, but it's not the fix so far.
A friend of mine developed what appeared to be erythema multiforme after starting Wellbutrin. It was later diagnosed by a dermatologist as a non-specific rash. It was a distressing, itchy and painful rash that rapidly progressed. Her primary care provider discontinued Wellbutrin and recommended vitamin A lotion. This had no effect and the rash continued to progress.

She ended up taking 2 x 12mg week injectable ivermectin as an oral med (by mixing it into some lemon water) and topically (by mixing it with aloe vera lotion) daily. She experienced a decrees in itching by the end of the third day (after three topical treatments and giving time for the first oral dose to take systemic effect).

She excluded two negative test areas to see if the effect was systemic (driven by the oral) or local (driven by the topical). After three weeks the progression of new rash stopped completely in all areas. But the areas with topical treatment had cleared to a much greater degree.

She saw a derm at about the four week mark and was diagnosed as above and prescribed topical triamcinolone acetonide. A/B testing of previous two negative test areas showed slightly better effectiveness for topical triamcinolone vs topical ivermectin. She was very happy with all three treatments (home brew oral ivermectin, home brew topical ivermectin and prescription topical triamcinolone. On about week five she terminated the A/B test and started alternating topicals wherever spots persisted with good effect.

Ivermectin is underrated as an immunomodulator/anti inflammatory. Of course, your experiences may vary. Cause/effect seems to be really complex in dermatology. Aside from some great threads around here, Reddit r/rosacea and /skincareaddiction are also resources. Figuring out root cause might take restriction diets/experiments, auto antibody tests, hormone panels, seeing dermatologists, etc.

Good luck on your healing journey and remember that your updates might be life changing for someone who reads them. The above is shared for harm reduction/informational purposes only. It shouldn’t be taken as advise outside of Minecraft. My lab ferret takes ivermectin, gets excited and runs around on my keyboard - I can’t be held responsible for his posts.

Last edited:
OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

A friend of mine developed what appeared to be erythema multiforme after starting Wellbutrin. It was later diagnosed by a dermatologist as a non-specific rash. It was a distressing, itchy and painful rash that rapidly progressed. Her primary care provider discontinued Wellbutrin and recommended vitamin A lotion. This had no effect and the rash continued to progress.

She ended up taking 2 x 12mg week injectable ivermectin as an oral med (by mixing it into some lemon water) and topically (by mixing it with aloe vera lotion) daily. She experienced a decrees in itching by the end of the third day (after three topical treatments and giving time for the first oral dose to take systemic effect).

She excluded two negative test areas to see if the effect was systemic (driven by the oral) or local (driven by the topical). After three weeks the progression of new rash stopped completely in all areas. But the areas with topical treatment had cleared to a much greater degree.

She saw a derm at about the four week mark and was diagnosed as above and prescribed topical triamcinolone acetonide. A/B testing of previous two negative test areas showed slightly better effectiveness for topical triamcinolone vs topical ivermectin. She was very happy with all three treatments (home brew oral ivermectin, home brew topical ivermectin and prescription topical triamcinolone. On about week five she terminated the A/B test and started alternating topicals wherever spots persisted with good effect.

Ivermectin is underrated as an immunomodulator/anti inflammatory. Of course, your experiences may vary. Cause/effect seems to be really complex in dermatology. Aside from some great threads around here, Reddit r/rosacea and /skincareaddiction are also resources. Figuring out root cause might take restriction diets/experiments, auto antibody tests, hormone panels, seeing dermatologists, etc.

Good luck on your healing journey and remember that your updates might be life changing for someone who reads them. The above is shared for harm reduction/informational purposes only. It shouldn’t be taken as advise outside of Minecraft. My lab ferret takes ivermectin, gets excited and runs around on my keyboard - I can’t be held responsible for his posts.

I have mostly symmetrical (both sides of body) itchy bumps on my arms and legs, some on torseo. 30+ years. Had one biopsied, she said she only found "inflammation". I do know they are related to my gut as foods affect them. The more distress, the more I itch and the bigger they swell. Had massive panic attacks in the 80s during high school, used to feel large bubbles bubble up my sides on the inside of my body. So weird. I assume really bad gut leak. Mt food alletgies align with Salicylate intolerance, and I have lifeloong histamine issues (Salicylates raise histamine BTW). Life full of crappy situation causing endless stress and worry and here I am. Bad digestive enzymes and coughing on glop all day long. Can't take enzymes as they make me itch (Salicylates). And round it goes. Definitely have signs of lifelong candida in gut and possibly esophagus.

daphne134

I took it prophylactically when I had eye surgeries last summer and the surgeries went great. (I also broke the rules and ate a tiny bit before each.) I have gaba/glutamate issues too.
However I would hang on to it in case you need it for covid.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

Ok, this could be total placebo and only time will tell, but this is what happened yesterday.

1stly, I am an extremely sensitive person. I feel meds right away after taking them, and I can feel specific things that are happening in my body (I can feel and describe Nitric Oxide when it has been raised, etc). All of my chiropractors have commentd how incredibly in tune with my body I am and loved experimenting with me because I had such specific feedback to results, etc.

So I got the horse paste yesterday to try 1st (which by the way is exactly the texture, smell and feel of hand lotion!?) and I rubbed a pea sized bit onto the back of my hand where I have ongoing "eczema". I then put a couple more pea sized drops onto my feet where I have more skin issues and warts. A bit later i went to the sink and forgot and washed off the hand part and so I reapplied more.

What I experienced was like my body "let go", I felt "softer" inside. It was a new and specific feeling that I could only describe as "the younger me before my life made my mind and body shut down and crash and die inside". Things felt more fluid. I then felt the common Nitric Oxide boost and looked it up, indeed Ivermec raises N.O. Since I am chronically low on N.O. this always feels extremely good to me, but that is a very different feeling from what I just described.

When evening approached, my sinus drippage had gotten really watery. I could feel like all my inflammation had let go to some degree, and this included my sinus. My ears were popping even. The very watery sinus was a feeling I had had before many, many years back, not sure what I took at the time. All of this felt very positive and made me excited for the weekend when I eventually take the actual 12mg pill.

I have tried a probiotic called 5Lac before (Fivelac and Threelac). Probiotics for someone who reacta to all Salicylate things is rough. But sometimes when I took a packet it would INSTANTLY eat away the mucus in my sinus, and I would feel a very distinct shift in my existance that went away from the 24/7 nervous/worried/off feeling I have lived with since my teens when I had panic attacks, etc. But i would eventually break out in hives and really bad itching and always had to stop after a few days of this. My panic attacks full on ruined my gut and my digestion and I firmly believe this is why Fivelac, and now maybe Ivermectin, is having such a profound effect on me in such small amounts. My gut flora is a mess, and because i react SO badly and quickly to things that kill candida and "parasites" and the like, I always have to stop. As far as the Salicylates, I cannot drink a healthy smoothie with greens because by about the 3rd day (always 3-5th day with stuff I take) my health will take a dive with ringing ears, insane itching, sweating, excessive peeing, more rashes, migraines, mast cell stuff like memory loss, confusion, exhaustion, then raised histamine causing horrible insomnia, etc etc.. all the Salicylate build up that Salicylate Intolerance is known for.

Will, of course, post when I try the actual 12 mg :)

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

Well, I just took the damned thing already. 12mg. Let's see what happens.

AspiringSage

How many days in a row is safe to do the 12mg dosage?
Since I am not a medical provider, I can’t advise anyone. But I am free under the first amendment to share what I’ve read in the literature and what I’ve observed. As medications go, ivermectin seems fairly safe. I suspect that someone with normal liver and kidney function could take a moderate dose (like 12mg every other day) for week or three without issue.

A friend took 112mg in a week (an entire tube of horse deworming paste) when he had covid. I’ve taken a lot (as posted above). In general, most human protocols that I’ve read call for alternate day dosing for a few days or week at most.

When I dug through the literature last year there was an account of a schizophrenic French woman who collected Ivermectin prescriptions and abused veterinary products. She managed to ingest several hundred mg continually for months. IIRC, she developed serious neurological symptoms that cleared (in a few days) after being hospitalized for observation, given IV fluids and discontinuation of ivermectin.

A second account of an overdose was a veterinarian who accidentally injected several hundred mg of ivermectin with a pneumatic auto injector. I think he experienced headaches and some mild shaking that cleared in a few days without treatment.

I think the long term moderate dose/very high dose use of ivermectin is poorly studied in humans. I suspect that this is because ivermectin was discovered and then deployed as an anti-parasite. You don’t simply don’t need those excessive doses to suppress parasites. Ivermectin has something like an eleven day half life (I’ve seen different numbers in different studies) so, even a few doses accumulate quickly.

If ivermectin had been deployed in humans as an anti-inflammatory, an immunomodulator or an anti-cancer chemotherapy then we would have better high dose/long term studies in humans. But by accident of history, it became an anti parasite first so we don’t. My hunch is that long term high dose use is a bad idea because it’s a protease inhibitor and we might need protease to cleave certain proteins.

The preceding commentary shouldn’t be taken as medical advise even in my lab ferrets Minecraft account. Sometimes my lab ferrets gets excited and runs around on my keyboard. I can’t be held responsible for his posts.

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

How many days in a row is safe to do the 12mg dosage?

Honestly, finding 1 straighforward protocol that people can agree on seems hard to do. The whole thing is so frustrating to me. I assume people are just playing it by ear at this point using loose guidelines that vary one from another.

Seeing as 12mg of Ivermectin is suposed to be a "1 and Done" to kill parasites, I'm going to take the 1 and see if I see improvement with my skin issues, etc.

If I don't achieve the level of betterment I was hoping for, I may continue on with the low dosage paste that really seemed to kick some healing into gear for me.

I got my Ivermectin from All Day Chemist, so I assume it's legit, but who can say? Who can say it's not fake? After taking the very first bit of the "paste" topically, I saw in the bowl things that looked like strings. I hear docs insist it's "mucus" and other swear they are "parasites". The only time I would see these things is in the past whenever I would take things that kill parasites or cleanse you. Coincidence? Oh, and this last experience showed 4x more than I have ever seen before. I was shocked actually. If this full pop of 12mg doesn't expel anything, I will be surprised.

AspiringSage

Honestly, finding 1 straighforward protocol that people can agree on seems hard to do. The whole thing is so frustrating to me. I assume people are just playing it by ear at this point using loose guidelines that vary one from another.

Seeing as 12mg of Ivermectin is suposed to be a "1 and Done" to kill parasites, I'm going to take the 1 and see if I see improvement with my skin issues, etc.

If I don't achieve the level of betterment I was hoping for, I may continue on with the low dosage paste that really seemed to kick some healing into gear for me.

I got my Ivermectin from All Day Chemist, so I assume it's legit, but who can say? Who can say it's not fake? After taking the very first bit of the "paste" topically, I saw in the bowl things that looked like strings. I hear docs insist it's "mucus" and other swear they are "parasites". The only time I would see these things is in the past whenever I would take things that kill parasites or cleanse you. Coincidence? Oh, and this last experience showed 4x more than I have ever seen before. I was shocked actually. If this full pop of 12mg doesn't expel anything, I will be surprised.

Everything I’ve ever gotten from All Day Chemist seemed to be the advertised product. Ivermectin is generic, inexpensive and hard to substitute with anything cheaper that has similar effect.

I think people are generally seeing mucus with the occasional parasite. Most parasites are too small to be easily seen. Some like hookworms and tapeworms are large enough to be easily seen. Ivermectin can be shocking to the gut microbiome so mucus (lining shedding does happen). Its not nearly as bad as a classical antibiotic in my experience. Consider taking a probiotic after/during. Ivermectin is also gonna kill most parasites, so parasites in the stool happen as well.

I suspect that it will take a few weeks to see improvement with skin issues. Consider the protocol that my lab ferret uses. He attempts to respect the fact that ivermectin has a half life; but also needs to build to a useful concentration.

Day 1: 12mg oral
Day 2: topical on inflamed sites
Day 3: 12mg
Day 4: topical on inflamed sites
Day 5: nothing
Day 6: 12mg
Day 7: topical on inflamed sites
Day 8: nothing
Day 9: 12mg
Day 10: topical on inflamed sites
Day 11: nothing
Day 12: nothing
Day 13: topical on inflamed sites
Day 14: 12mg oral
Day 16: nothing
Day 17: topical on inflamed sites
Day 18: nothing
Day 19: nothing
Day 20: topical on inflamed sites
Day 21: 12mg oral
Day 22: nothing
Day 23: nothing
Day 24: topical on inflamed sites
Day 25: nothing
Day 26: nothing
Day 28: nothing
Day 30: topical on inflamed sites

I’d try something like that and see if my skin improved. I’ve used protocols similar to that on estrogen driven acne with good results. Your experiences and the advise of your health care provider may vary.

ETA: Most anti-parasite protocols are two doses IIRC

Last edited:
OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

Everything I’ve ever gotten from All Day Chemist seemed to be the advertised product. Ivermectin is generic, inexpensive and hard to substitute with anything cheaper that has similar effect.

I think people are generally seeing mucus with the occasional parasite. Most parasites are to small to be easily seen. Some like hookworms and tapeworms are large enough to be easily seen. Ivermectin can be shocking to the gut microbiome so mucus (lining shedding does happen). Its not nearly as bad as a classical antibiotic in my experience. Consider taking a probiotic after/during. Ivermectin is also gonna kill most parasites, so parasites in the stool happen as well.

I suspect that it will take a few weeks to see improvement with skin issues. Consider the protocol that my lab ferret uses. He attempts to respect the fact that ivermectin has a half life; but also needs to build to a useful concentration.

Day 1: 12mg oral
Day 2: topical on inflamed sites
Day 3: 12mg
Day 4: topical on inflamed sites
Day 5: nothing
Day 6: 12mg
Day 7: topical on inflamed sites
Day 8: nothing
Day 9: 12mg
Day 10: topical on inflamed sites
Day 11: nothing
Day 12: nothing
Day 13: topical on inflamed sites
Day 14: 12mg oral
Day 16: nothing
Day 17: topical on inflamed sites
Day 18: nothing
Day 19: nothing
Day 20: topical on inflamed sites
Day 21: 12mg oral
Day 22: nothing
Day 23: nothing
Day 24: topical on inflamed sites
Day 25: nothing
Day 26: nothing
Day 30: topical on inflamed sites

I’d try something like that and see if my skin improved. I’ve used protocols similar to that on estrogen driven acne with good results. Your experiences and the advise of your health care provider may vary.

ETA: Most anti-parasite protocols are two doses IIRC

I think the 2 doses are 3 months apart usually?

My skin issue basically looks like chicken pox. Mostly symmetrical. Biopsy just showed "inflammation". Off and on itching like hell. Foods affect them. Esp yeasty foods. Kaiser Permanente says no such thing as parasites, candida nor black mold poisoning. I sucked it up and decided I'm on my own to figure out my life's torture. What's another 25 years of research, eh? Nothing like wasting my life away.

AspiringSage

I think the 2 doses are 3 months apart usually?

My skin issue basically looks like chicken pox. Mostly symmetrical. Biopsy just showed "inflammation". Off and on itching like hell. Foods affect them. Esp yeasty foods. Kaiser Permanente says no such thing as parasites, candida nor black mold poisoning. I sucked it up and decided I'm on my own to figure out my life's torture. What's another 25 years of research, eh? Nothing like wasting my life away.

Yep, it’s often spaced out a little bit. Some parasites are only vulnerable at certain life phases e.g. say while larva or adult and not while an egg. So, to suppress the whole population it’s optimal to space out the chemical attack.

For a skin issue you are looking to reach an anti-inflammatory/immunomodulatory dose and then sustain it for long enough to see if changes present.

Any idea what your estrogen levels is?

OP
HeyThere

HeyThere

Yep, it’s often spaced out a little bit. Some parasites are only vulnerable at certain life phases e.g. say while larva or adult and not while an egg. So, to suppress the whole population it’s optimal to space out the chemical attack.

For a skin issue you are looking to reach an anti-inflammatory/immunomodulatory dose and then sustain it for long enough to see if changes present.

Any idea what your estrogen levels is?

Estrogen and Progesterone now at basically zero but I've had this skin issue for 25+ years. Not thrilled to take Estrogen or Progest because of cancer scares, and also as soon as I so much as put yam progesterone cream on my arm I got all hot and hotflashy.. i have no hoflashes. barely went through them in menopause. Not interested in that scene at all. my life is hell enough :(

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals