Stop recommending Ivermectin, it inhibits Importin α/β, an esential protein for cellular processes

amd

No, is not about the words "Wonder Drug", but where it came from and real numbers about its use (the thread, not one post). You can find more info searching online. Hardly obscure.

Doc Sandoz

to me vitamin D for prevention + Ivermectin for treatment is as straightforward as it comes.
This is precisely where I'm at, MrChibbs. Making sure to store up lots of Vit D with half an hour everyday in the sun (when its out) this summer. Sperti for "top ups" in the winter since I can't handle the oral stuff. Ivermectin is on hand for the five day regimen just in case. Haven't decided whether using the home test before taking IverM would be a good idea because it's unclear to me how accurate it is.

B

Braveheart

This is precisely where I'm at, MrChibbs. Making sure to store up lots of Vit D with half an hour everyday in the sun (when its out) this summer. Sperti for "top ups" in the winter since I can't handle the oral stuff. Ivermectin is on hand for the five day regimen just in case. Haven't decided whether using the home test before taking IverM would be a good idea because it's unclear to me how accurate it is.
:thumbsup:

mrchibbs

I'd go by symptoms. Normally with a sound metabolism you wouldn't experience covid/flu symptoms 99% of the time. So if there came a time when you started to feel those symptoms, take ivermectin to be sure.

IvorMetTim

At the most I get one small cold a year. I got flu once a couple of decades ago. I figure I will know if I'm coming down with something and I will take IVM etc then.
Until then I will continue to get plenty of sun (I currently live in Spain) and OJ etc

Vileplume

At the most I get one small cold a year. I got flu once a couple of decades ago. I figure I will know if I'm coming down with something and I will take IVM etc then.
Until then I will continue to get plenty of sun (I currently live in Spain) and OJ etc
I got a good laugh from your name.

Rick K

Ta Da: Lactoferrin appears to protect the body from pathogenic microorganisms such as those that cause bacterial, viral, and fungal infections.

In a 2014 report published in Journal of Infection and Chemotherapy, researchers analyzed the available research on lactoferrin's antiviral properties and found that it may inhibit the attachment of viruses to cells in the body and the replication of the virus in cells.1 The researchers also found that lactoferrin may also boost the body's immune function.

Rick K

Lactoferrin, a multifunctional iron binding glycoprotein, plays an important role in immune regulation and defence mechanisms against bacteria, fungi and viruses. Lactoferrin’s iron withholding ability is related to inhibition of microbial growth as well as to modulation of motility, aggregation and biofilm formation of pathogenic bacteria. Independently of iron binding capability, lactoferrin interacts with microbial, viral and cell surfaces thus inhibiting microbial and viral adhesion and entry into host cells. Lactoferrin can be considered not only a primary defense factor against mucosal infections, but also a polyvalent regulator which interacts in viral infectious processes. Its antiviral activity, demonstrated against both enveloped and naked viruses, lies in the early phase of infection, thus preventing entry of virus in the host cell. This activity is exerted by binding to heparan sulphate glycosaminoglycan cell receptors, or viral particles or both. Despite the antiviral effect of lactoferrin, widely demonstrated in vitro studies, few clinical trials have been carried out and the related mechanism of action is still under debate. The nuclear localization of lactoferrin in different epithelial human cells suggests that lactoferrin exerts its antiviral effect not only in the early phase of surface interaction virus-cell, but also intracellularly. The capability of lactoferrin to exert a potent antiviral activity, through its binding to host cells and/or viral particles, and its nuclear localization strengthens the idea thatlactoferrin is an important brick in the mucosal wall, effective against viral attacks and it could be usefully applied as novel strategy for treatment of viral infections.
I found another abstract on PubMed from a study done to see the effects of Lactoferrin on the flu virus. At the time that I’m writing this we are approaching the flu season, so this one is rather appropriate. It says that the flu virus invades our cells, replicates itself, then kills the cell through apoptosis – it programs the cell to die. The study showed that lactoferrin inhibited the programmed cell death and blocked the virus from being able to replicate itself.

Here is another study on PubMed about the effect of Lactoferrin on candida. Many people suffer from an overgrowth of candida yeast in the body, so I thought this one would be appropriate too. Basically it says that candida requires iron to grow and “lactoferrin showed significant antifungal effect”.

yerrag

I don't buy that argument that it's a "Pharma Drug" therefore it's harmful.
Poison Ivy is all natural but harmful.
You get my point without having to make a bad analogy to muddy this up, while misrepresenting what I said

From me saying "pharma drugs have side effects" to you translating it into "pharma drugs are all harmful."

That's quite a stretch, isn't it?

Ivermectin is extracted from a natural bacterium, it's not synthetic. It's not addictive, so no it's not a gateway drug.

A gateway drug doesn't have to be addictive. Gateway- check the meaning in a dictionary.

Since you cannot understand, I have to explain. And here it is:

1. You take prescription drug A.
2. Prescription drug A fixes the symptoms.
3. Prescription A also has a side effect.
4. You take prescription drug B to deal with the side effect of drug A.
5. Prescription drug B fixes the symptoms of the side effects of drug B.
6. You take Prescription drug C...

Need I explain to you further why i call pharma drugs with their side effects gateway drugs?

And so what if IVM is extracted from a natural bacterium? Are there any synthetic bacteriums? More so, does it matter that the bacteria is natural? Remember your poison ivy example? Even the makers of sucralose, a sugar substitute, markets its product as "made from natural sugar " Well, why isn't Ray Peat recommending it?

If Covid is the reaon people are discussing Ivermectin, that's a good reason because the amount of organisms Ivermectin can kill is impressive and makes the medication worth taking. My dog and I go for walks in muddy forests and he drinks the stale muddy water in the forest, definitely infecting himself with rare nematodes/parasites/worms. When we get home, my licks my face (and my lips) and I am sure I have acquired various parasites from my dog that he picked up on our walk. Antibiotics don't work on whatever organism he acquired on his walk, because they're not bacteria. But Ivermectin once in a while helps cull and de-worm any organism it's given to.
Nothing here says that you're taking IVM for long-term use.

You take it to deal with a parasite. And once done with the course, your issue is gone and you are NOT TAKING Ivermectin as a maitenance drug long term.

To give you a GOOD analogy, do you take antibiotics long-term? The answer is obvious to you - NO

mrchibbs

Of course but I don't think anyone is arguing to use it long term, perhaps Bret Weinstein, but even he said that if a substantial amount of the population used it for just 1 month, this "pandemic" would be over.

Being on a daily regimen of ivermectin for the rest of your life is not really part of the options.

rei

Ivermectin and hcq may be good to take for few days if you get flu symptoms, but does not seem sane as prophylactic. In some podcast someone said that in ivermectin trials 1:1000 get brain damage from it in prophylactic use, which sounds about as bad as chances getting any problems from covid.

David PS

Ivermectin and hcq may be good to take for few days if you get flu symptoms, but does not seem sane as prophylactic. In some podcast someone said that in ivermectin trials 1:1000 get brain damage from it in prophylactic use, which sounds about as bad as chances getting any problems from covid.
That was Ray Peat who said that.
21:17 - Ray's thoughts on ivermectin, vitamin D, coronavirus

yerrag

Being on a daily regimen of ivermectin for the rest of your life is not really part of the options.
It shouldn't be. But when the word "prophylactic" is used, it does not keep deers on headlights from using it long-term.

blob69

Ivermectin as a depopulation strategy makes literally no sense. There's been like 5 billion doses used since the 1970s in Africa and fertility is still sky high.

Africa is being poisoned not only by ivermectin but countless other toxins and the effects are clearly in. I also don't understand why everyone is talking of a small risk of brain damage. If in a study 1 in 1000 got measurable brain damage, who can say that the other 999 did not get slight brain damage that went unnoticed or some other type of damage that they couldn't measure? Toxins are toxins, period. If something kills parasites, bacteria and viruses, it will damage or kill human cells too - without exception.

amd

Going off on a tangent, like everyone else ..

3. Steven Johnson Syndrome & Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis
Toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN) and Stevens Johnson Syndrome (SJS) are severe adverse cutaneous drug reactions that predominantly involve the skin and mucous membranes [7]. In layman’s terms, TEN and SJS is when a drug causes your skin to fall off. It is a terrible occurrence to which no person should be subjected and it can cause death :dead:.

Numerous antibiotics are identified as “high” risk for inducing TEN or SJS, including trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole (Bactrim), sulfonamide antibiotics, aminopenicillins, cephalosporins and fluoroquinolones [7].

4. Cardiac, hepatic, renal, neurologic, hematologic or electrolyte toxicity
Each antibiotic poses its own risks. If a person experiences a side effect secondary to an antibiotic, it can be mild and have no noticeable impact or it may lead to hospitalization and even death.

Macrolides, azole antifungals, and fluoroquinolones can all produce unfavorable effects upon the heart. Rifampin and oxacillin are two antibiotics that can negatively impact the liver. Amphotericin B, acyclovir, the polymyxins and beta-lactams antibiotics are among just a few antimicrobials that can damage the kidney. Ganciclovir and sulfamethoxazole-trimethoprim can virtually destroy your immune system :eek:. The list of toxicities goes on and on.

:crystalball:

Side note: Accumulation is a key word in the case of Ivy (for cases with an abnormal mutation). These are drugs, not candy.

Last edited:

mrchibbs

Africa is being poisoned not only by ivermectin but countless other toxins and the effects are clearly in. I also don't understand why everyone is talking of a small risk of brain damage. If in a study 1 in 1000 got measurable brain damage, who can say that the other 999 did not get slight brain damage that went unnoticed or some other type of damage that they couldn't measure? Toxins are toxins, period. If something kills parasites, bacteria and viruses, it will damage or kill human cells too - without exception.

Like you say, Africa has been poisoned over the past 40 by the same introduction of western toxins and changes, EMFs included. So it's not unexpected that fertility rates have declined, but they're still high.

And nobody is suggesting using ivermectin permanently here. Ivermectin is like a bit like penicilin, it's very safe to do a course but it's still a toxin. Same as any other anti-parasitic drug or antibiotic.

If a study says 1 in 1000 got brain damage, but it can have a positive impact on those who are starting to develop respiratory symptoms with covid, it's worth the shot.

blob69

Like you say, Africa has been poisoned over the past 40 by the same introduction of western toxins and changes, EMFs included. So it's not unexpected that fertility rates have declined, but they're still high.

And nobody is suggesting using ivermectin permanently here. Ivermectin is like a bit like penicilin, it's very safe to do a course but it's still a toxin. Same as any other anti-parasitic drug or antibiotic.

If a study says 1 in 1000 got brain damage, but it can have a positive impact on those who are starting to develop respiratory symptoms with covid, it's worth the shot.
I disagree with Peat on penicillin and other antibiotics. I personally would never again take them and by living reasonably healthy (eating organic foods, spending some time in nature, avoiding heavy sources of radiation, vaccines, drugs and even most supplements, etc.) my family never gets so ill that we would have a need for them anyway. I think they cause considerable damage, including metabolic suppression that we are trying so hard to fix with thyroid and other prometabolic substances. And the short-term positive effects from them are probably due to harmful stress hormone activation (see Henry Bieler's work). In the past they used to treat many problems with mercury, arsenic, strychnine and the like and often got miraculous short-term results, but that doesn't mean they didn't poison people at the same time.

As for covid-19, I think the virus risk is imaginary and serious respiratory problems are caused by disinfectants, stress, hospital treatment with oxygen, toxic drugs etc. Loss of smell and taste could be due to extreme rise in disinfectant use and no-one is talking about it. But even then I don't know anyone with a case of covid-19 worse than a flu except for some who panicked and went into the hospital where they were almost killed by treatments they received. The main hospital here publicly said that they put covid patients without any serious symptoms on invasive ventilation - how crazy is that? (And of course they follow WHO recommendations here.) I recommend the book Virus Mania that in my opinion is focused on the true causes of disease. The quote below summarizes their message pretty well.

plagues.png

gaze

this is the same dangerous logic they use for the vaccine. they say only _ out of _ get hurt from the vaccine so it's a net positive because more people die of covid. 1 in 1000 is an extremely high risk of brain damage. Even myocarditis from the vaccine has better odds than that

mrchibbs

@fico

It's not one death out of a thousand, it's some reports (not all) finding a 1 in 1000 risk of brain damage.

Personally, I am convinced of the usefulness of ivermectin for the acute cases. Everybody can have different interpretations.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals