OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I noticed an odd passage in one of the webpages linked in the first post, stating that increased NAD+ from niacinamide increased SIRT activity:

"SIRT1 deacetylase activity is dependent upon NAD+, and NAD+ depletion during
excitotoxic and ischemic conditions would therefore be expected to decrease SIRT1 activity
(Yang and Sauve 2006), although SIRT1 activity may not be affected by NAD+ fluctuations
within the physiological range (Anderson et al. 2003). Our findings suggest that SIRT1
levels and activity in neurons are influenced by cellular NAD+ levels, and that nicotinamide
treatment attenuates depletion of NAD+ and preserves SIRT1 activity in neurons under
excitotoxic and ischemic conditions"

That is correct, in lower concentrations NAD does increase SIRT acvitity and so does niacinamide. Both NAD and niacinamide are SIRT inhibitors in high concentrations though - i.e. higher than 11 micromols for niacinamide specifically.

cats

That is correct, in lower concentrations NAD does increase SIRT acvitity and so does niacinamide. Both NAD and niacinamide are SIRT inhibitors in high concentrations though - i.e. higher than 11 micromols for niacinamide specifically.
So, given that niacinamide has a fairly short half-life, does this mean that taking a single dose of niacinamide could suppress for a short peroid, and then promote for a short period?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So, given that niacinamide has a fairly short half-life, does this mean that taking a single dose of niacinamide could suppress for a short peroid, and then promote for a short period?

Niacinamide is heavily converted into NAD, which has longer half-life. So, taking a higher dose niacinamide should result in suppression of SIRT one way or other other. Given that niacinamide is a known HDAC inhibitor even in doses lower than 500mg, even those doses result in SIRT suppression as HDAC inhibition (Class III) requires SIRT inhibition. See this link for more info on HDAC and SIRT:
Histone deacetylase - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TubZy

Does the 1500mg need to be spit throughout the day or can we just do all 1500 before bed?

DennisX

"...Upregulation of SIRT1 may increase lifespan in fruit flies and roundworms, but may actually have detrimental effects in strokes, some types of cancer and dementia, particularly when NAD+ levels are insufficient. The types of cancer in question apparently include prostate cancer and SCLC. The anticancer protocol which the late Abram Hoffer faxed me 16 years ago included 1,500 mg of niacinamide. Inhibition of SIRT1 is apparently one of the pathways in which niacinamide fights cancer."

This study says the opposite about dietary Resveratrol causing prostate cancer via SIRT1 increase.

Dietary resveratrol prevents development of high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplastic lesions: involvement of SIRT1/S6K axis
Dietary resveratrol prevents development of high-grade prostatic intraepithelial neoplastic lesions: involvement of SIRT1/S6K axis. - PubMed - NCBI

sladerunner69

If niacinmide accelerates glycosis through the NAD mechaanism and inhibits flow of FFA.. how exactly is it going to help me shed fat??

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
If niacinmide accelerates glycosis through the NAD mechaanism and inhibits flow of FFA.. how exactly is it going to help me shed fat??

There is always some lipolysis going on. You cannot stop it completely with niacinamide. Muscles burn fat at rest so the more muscle you have the leaner you will be even without exercise. Niacinamide inhibits excessive lipolysis that is a symptoms of so many disease and a cause of insulin resistance and diabetes, among many other conditions.

schultz

lol @ using estrogen to treat cancer :eek:

What's next, using radiation?

Waga

Hi, new here.
Does Niacin have the same anti-estrogenic effect as Niacinamide ?
Thanks for any help, in advance.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi, new here.
Does Niacin have the same anti-estrogenic effect as Niacinamide ?
Thanks for any help, in advance.

Probably not, as the anti-estrogenic effect depends on SIRT inhbition and AFAIK only niacinamide inhibits SIRT.

Steene

In my experience the lipolysis suppression is relatively low. I took 500 mg niacinamide, 500 mg aspirin daily for several weeks during a fat los period and did not see any negative results only positive like a way better mood and lower social inhibition.

equipoise

Experimenting heavily with niacinamide at 3pm (after work) 500mg single dosage with or without Glycine (@1000mg).

Niacinamide @500mg

I will just say, I've eaten a huge portion of rice with some bell peppers, pork, butter, mushrooms...Pretty classic meal here. It's carby alright.

It was not enough.

I then proceeded to have 100g of 55% chocolate with added salt (btw. amazing).

Still not enough. I had tingles in my arms, legs, I felt off. Pulse dropped down and just felt almost irritable.

Then I proceeded to have some compote with apples and pears, a lot of sugar and cinnamon. That's it! Muscle tightening, head clearing, scrotum filling, pulse uplifting feeling we all love! Just amazing. Niacinamide is pretty potent and great stuff. To me the caveat is - don't take it before sleep. No amount of food before sleep will buffer it for me (muscular, need 4k calories, burn a lot at rest, you know the drill). I will wake up at 2am with pseudo panic attack, and then I have to gulp orange juice and honey to relax, basically just destroying my rest. No bueno. Niacinamide makes me eat like a monster, and I already eat a lot.

But in the morning with carbs or mid-day, it's amazing. I really feel the cortisol lowering, pro-androgen effects are easily felt. I just feel good for the rest of the day. Things that would annoy me usually, I have a feeling I can control them more easily. Like you're in a roleplaying game where you actually have options and decisions, instead of going down the linear plot and having no impact on the outcome.

I'm waiting for my Mexican thyroid to arrive so I can't wait to experiment with that.

Truth be told, good diet / aspirin / niacinamdie / carrot salad / shrooms is probably all that it's needed. Oh and coffee. Lot's of coffee.

Percieve think act!

TheCedar1

Prostate cancer is driven by testosterone, not estrogen, and estrogen is a treatment for it. Taking something that inhibits estrogen would be potentially harmful in the case of prostate cancer.
LMAO, there's countless studies that show that prostate cancer is driven by too much estrogen receptor activation, DHT is able to counteract any prostate enlargement, while in the presence of estrogen, cause severe prostate enlargement

wtf

Experimenting heavily with niacinamide at 3pm (after work) 500mg single dosage with or without Glycine (@1000mg).

Niacinamide @500mg

I will just say, I've eaten a huge portion of rice with some bell peppers, pork, butter, mushrooms...Pretty classic meal here. It's carby alright.

It was not enough.

I then proceeded to have 100g of 55% chocolate with added salt (btw. amazing).

Still not enough. I had tingles in my arms, legs, I felt off. Pulse dropped down and just felt almost irritable.

Then I proceeded to have some compote with apples and pears, a lot of sugar and cinnamon. That's it! Muscle tightening, head clearing, scrotum filling, pulse uplifting feeling we all love! Just amazing. Niacinamide is pretty potent and great stuff. To me the caveat is - don't take it before sleep. No amount of food before sleep will buffer it for me (muscular, need 4k calories, burn a lot at rest, you know the drill). I will wake up at 2am with pseudo panic attack, and then I have to gulp orange juice and honey to relax, basically just destroying my rest. No bueno. Niacinamide makes me eat like a monster, and I already eat a lot.

But in the morning with carbs or mid-day, it's amazing. I really feel the cortisol lowering, pro-androgen effects are easily felt. I just feel good for the rest of the day. Things that would annoy me usually, I have a feeling I can control them more easily. Like you're in a roleplaying game where you actually have options and decisions, instead of going down the linear plot and having no impact on the outcome.

I'm waiting for my Mexican thyroid to arrive so I can't wait to experiment with that.

Truth be told, good diet / aspirin / niacinamdie / carrot salad / shrooms is probably all that it's needed. Oh and coffee. Lot's of coffee.

Percieve think act!

I tried a taste of niacinamide, 60 mg sipped in water over the course of today day, I cannot get rid of the feeling of cool hands, tingling fingers and sense that my grip strength is way lower than it should be. I feel like my dose way very reasonable and ive already eaten like 4 bananas 2 oranges a pound of ground beef and a few tablespoons of honey and some sugar in a few coffees... Your saying a few tbsps of honey should do the trick? I feel like im almost bonking if you know the term.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals