Ivermectin - How safe is it?

B

Braveheart

Gouf quotes a PubMed abstract of a study of environmental "Avermectins" on pigeons. Not very helpful for proving his assertion that five days of Ivermectin is dangerous to humans. The link to the Chandler article is down, so no help there.
Correct ...a scary overreaction unfortunately...no one is suggesting "high dose" for an extended time!?....that is not even close to necessary.

Ben.

Great to have in the back pocket in the case of long covid.

I'd like to know from someone in europe how to get ivermectin without making a heist on a local pharmacy.

AdoTintor

well there is the India link found on the threads, but you still have to make a heist, this time on your local bank.

AllThingsPeat

It should be noted that some drugs are P-glycoprotein inhibitors and should not be taken concurrently with ivermectin. Of those I was able to find, the only ones I would expect forum members to be taking are macrolide antibiotics, namely clarithromycin and erythromycin.

This was surprising to me, as some have recommended drug cocktails including both IVM and azithromycin for treatment of Covid. Indeed, Brazil has even distributed Covid kits containing both drugs to its citizens for this purpose.

Upon further investigation, I found this study:
The Effect of Azithromycin on Ivermectin Pharmacokinetics—A Population Pharmacokinetic Model Analysis

"...subjects were administered single-dose regimens of the following treatments in random order: (i) azithromycin 500 mg; (ii) ivermectin 200 μg/kg of total body weight rounded to the nearest 3 mg plus albendazole 400 mg; and, (iii) all 3 drugs administered concurrently."

"Azithromycin, like ivermectin, is a substrate for Pgp, however it has minimal inhibitory effects on this transporter in vitro."

"The median simulated Cmax data (46.0, 34.1 and 40.3 ng/mL for non-mixture model, mixture models A and B respectively) were approximately 5–7-fold lower than the 261 ng/mL value reported by Guzzo et al [7]. Indeed, the most extreme individual simulated values (201.2, 115.3 and 175.5 ng/mL for non-mixture model, mixture models A and B respectively) were still lower than the mean value reported in the high-dose study [7]. These data give a high level of confidence that peak exposures that are predicted to occur if ivermectin and azithromycin were co-administered would never exceed mean values seen under high dose conditions [7], and which in this study were safe and well tolerated."

So it seems as though IVM can be safely taken with azithromycin, but other macrolides may increase the risk of brain damage as seen in individuals with MDR1 polymorphisms.

Last edited:
well, on the bright side , when you take Ivermectin you discover a whole new world of realizing that you have parasites of all shapes and sizes and you can even take pics of them like i did ! a few years ago, i did several tubes of horse wormers off and on. i didnt have side effects but im sure it was hard on my already damaged gut.
i find it interesting that an anti-parasitic med is being suggested for C19... because , ya know, in the USA , we " dont have parasites in humans right ? ascaris infection has a lot of the same symptoms as covid ..... and it all starts with a cough ....

Ben.

well, on the bright side , when you take Ivermectin you discover a whole new world of realizing that you have parasites of all shapes and sizes and you can even take pics of them like i did ! a few years ago, i did several tubes of horse wormers off and on. i didnt have side effects but im sure it was hard on my already damaged gut.
i find it interesting that an anti-parasitic med is being suggested for C19... because , ya know, in the USA , we " dont have parasites in humans right ? ascaris infection has a lot of the same symptoms as covid ..... and it all starts with a cough ....

actual pictures of parasites or is it the infamous, elusive mucuous string that people can't agree upon wether it is part of the intestinal lining or an actual parasite?

Anyhow ... did you know dewormers also find effective usage in cancer treatment? One would be Febendazole for example ...

RealNeat

Sounds like the neurotoxicity occurs when IVM crosses the BBB which only occurs when the BBB is in a hyper-inflammatory state.
Aka high EMF and heavy metal toxicity

RealNeat

What's the claimed mechanism of action of Ivermectin? Is it even supposed to work against "viruses?"

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals