Ivermectin Failure. Twice.

animalcule

Just posting to note the failure of ivermectin to prevent covid/speed recovery twice in my (and my mother’s) experience.

My mother and I both got prescriptions for ivermectin in 2021. She took the prophylactic dose regularly, as prescribed. I took it two or three times but then stopped because 1) I wasn’t super worried about getting covid and 2) I didn’t like taking this pharmaceutical in such high doses, regularly. By the fall, the recommendations were changing to even higher preventative/treatment doses because apparently it wasn’t working as well as before. Well, despite following the ivermectin protocol, my mother contracted covid in November and became very very ill. I was caring for her, and I took a double dose of ivermectin every day for three days, per instructions. Didn’t help me either. I also came down with covid and was basically in bed for two weeks. While ill, we both took double dose ivm daily (I can’t tell you what the dosage was, I’ve forgotten, but whatever the covid 19 critical care docs were recommending). I’m convinced it did nothing. We were both very very ill and fatigued for weeks afterwards.

Fast forward to now, my mother has contracted covid again. Again, despite taking a “preventative” dose of ivermectin. I’m sure I will also come down with covid, being around her all day. However this time, I haven’t bothered to take ivermectin. It appears to have done nothing to prevent or treat covid. Just my experience.

The one drug I will take for covid is fluvoxamine — despite serious reservations about taking an SSRI, I got to the point where I was having some difficulty breathing and though I might end up in the hospital, I was very scared, so I started taking it. Within a day, symptoms began to lessen. Again, just my experience.

The whole thing has made me a bit wary of the ivermectin pushers. They’re so confident it helps but… it didn’t seem to do anything for me or my mother.

Peater

I have some Covimectin-12 and can't say I noticed an instant recovery from (LFT confirmed, for whatever that's worth) COVID recently. It didn't floor me, but then neither did the original strain. My memory is hazy now but I think I felt rough for about a week, maybe just over, so who knows if it did help.

baudoman

Hey @animalcule,
Thanks for sharing. Do you think there could be unique personal factors affecting your situation as to why IVM didn't work? As it sounds like it helped others: i.e. c19early.com

For what it's worth, Hydrogen peroxide nebulization is another treatment protocol that seems to have good results (anecdotally). Worth keeping in your toolkit for hard times, for sure. I'm not sure why this is not as promoted as stuff like IVM.

Scroll down / Ctrl-F to "Therapeutic Agents and Their Mechanisms"

OP
A

animalcule

Hey @animalcule,
Thanks for sharing. Do you think there could be unique personal factors affecting your situation as to why IVM didn't work? As it sounds like it helped others: i.e. c19early.com

For what it's worth, Hydrogen peroxide nebulization is another treatment protocol that seems to have good results (anecdotally). Worth keeping in your toolkit for hard times, for sure. I'm not sure why this is not as promoted as stuff like IVM.

Scroll down / Ctrl-F to "Therapeutic Agents and Their Mechanisms"

I am in my early thirties, but overweight and possibly somewhat hypothyroid. Apart from that, no other health issues that I think could affect ivermectin's efficacy.

I have read all about all about ivermectin helping people with Covid, especially people who are at higher risk. Yet, despite taking it early and at a very high dose, it did nothing for me or for my mother. As with most health interventions, I trust my firsthand experience much more than anything I read about it. I don't think it caused any serious harm to take it, but it certainly wasn't the miracle drug that it's touted to be.

On another note, despite helping my Covid sick mother for a couple of days now, as well as being close to her during the viral incubation period, I feel pretty fine. Small headache, a little nausea, and some weird inflammation around one of my eyelids. Here's hoping it doesn't hit me harder in the next few days, but I'm optimistic this go around won't be as bad as the first. I've taken my regular supplements (B complex, iodine, k2, d3) as well as zinc, aspirin, a triple dose of Rosita cod liver oil gels, and two 50 mg pills of fluvoxamine. No ivermectin. Doing ok so far.

Peater Piper

I took Ivermectin starting on the 4th day of my illness. Can't say it helped or hurt, I was mostly recovered by the time I started it, plus the Frontline docs are stating that HCQ seems to work better in the Omicron era.

My parents are getting over something nasty, it's been going around since mid-March here and causes severe bronchitis for weeks. I had my parents nebulizing 0.05% H2O2 and it didn't seem to touch it. What ended up working was steroids and antibiotics. In fact I was giving them many of the same supplements I was taking when I had COVID-19, which worked very quickly for me (or so I thought, maybe it was just my own immune system doing the work), and I might as well have not been giving them anything. They specifically tested negative for COVID-19, as did everyone else I know who's been sick in the last two months, so maybe the benefits of nebulizing H2O2 are specific to covid pneumonia, not secondary bacterial pneumonia.

angelina

Good that Ray Peat adviced against taking Ivermectin against Convid. Vindicated once again.
Does anyone recall if he specifically recommended anything? I can't remember.
I was using Zelenko protocol when I got Covid. I stopped after that. I do think it's interesting that my teenagers never got covid. I know they aren't affected as a group in general, but they were still in the house with us (me, hubby, and adult daughter)

Lizb

I was using Zelenko protocol when I got Covid. I stopped after that. I do think it's interesting that my teenagers never got covid. I know they aren't affected as a group in general, but they were still in the house with us (me, hubby, and adult daughter)
Ray said Losartan. Later he said hydroxycloroquine and azythramycin.

TheSir

Take L-Lysine. Stops viral replication. I had 38.6C / 101.5F fever. Muscle pains. Dizziness. Tachycardia. Started taking lysine, symptoms started going away mere hours later. Fully cured 3 days later.

>Approximately 80% of acute stage Covid-19 sufferers given lysine displayed a minimum 70% reduction in symptoms in the first 48 hours
>Patients who started lysine in the hospital were discharged an average of 3 days after starting treatment.

At least 1000mg 3x a day on an empty stomach while eating low arginine foods (or high lysine:arginine ratio). Works as a prophylactic too.

Michael Mohn

Ray... said hydroxycloroquine ...
Wrong, Ray Peat never recommended hydroxycloroquine. He said it is harmful to the liver. He is even cautious about quinine and said to stay low like 2mg.

Peat said that sunlight or vitamin d would be preventing viral infections like the flu/convid.
Peat doesn't think that most people need to do anything beyond what he recommends anyway, low PUFA, keeping blood sugar up, sunlight etc.
If people have stronger symptoms they can take Losartan or progesterone to increase ACE2 enzymes, which are knocked out by the spike protein.

Lizb

Wrong, Ray Peat never recommended hydroxycloroquine. He said it is harmful to the liver. He is even cautious about quinine and said to stay low like 2mg.

Peat said that sunlight or vitamin d would be preventing viral infections like the flu/convid.
Peat doesn't think that most people need to do anything beyond what he recommends anyway, low PUFA, keeping blood sugar up, sunlight etc.
If people have stronger symptoms they can take Losartan or progesterone to increase ACE2 enzymes, which are knocked out by the spike protein.
Ray said hydroxycholoquine was better than ivermectin and he also said that azythroamycin would be worth using or very similar wording.

Michael Mohn

Ray said hydroxycholoquine was better than ivermectin and he also said that azythroamycin would be worth using or very similar wording.
I guess liver damage from hydroxycloroquine is better than brain damage from Ivermectin.

Peat said the side effects of these medications don't justifies their use for convid, which is harmless to 99,9% of the people.

Azithromycin is very anti inflammatory, as is aspirin, quinine, cyproheptadine, progesterone, Losartan etc. For the few people with strong symptoms these medications can be helpful indeed.

Lizb

I guess liver damage from hydroxycloroquine is better than brain damage from Ivermectin.

Peat said the side effects of these medications don't justifies their use for convid, which is harmless to 99,9% of the people.

Azithromycin is very anti inflammatory, as is aspirin, quinine, cyproheptadine, progesterone, Losartan etc. For the few people with strong symptoms these medications can be helpful indeed.
I see.

I asked Ray by email if I could take Naproxen as aspirin wouldn't be an option. He said yes. Having used Naproxen it is clearly extremely anti inflammatory.

If Ray meant the below then he should have said that when he said HCl is better than ivermectin. Why doesn't he do that? He may be a linguist but I find his brief comments sometimes annoyingly unhelpful.

'I guess liver damage from hydroxycloroquine is better than brain damage from Ivermectin.

Peat said the side effects of these medications don't justifies their use for convid, which is harmless to 99,9% of the people.'

Michael Mohn

I see.

I asked Ray by email if I could take Naproxen as aspirin wouldn't be an option. He said yes. Having used Naproxen it is clearly extremely anti inflammatory.

If Ray meant the below then he should have said that when he said HCl is better than ivermectin. Why doesn't he do that? He may be a linguist but I find his brief comments sometimes annoyingly unhelpful.

All depends on the context. Ray Peat says a lot of things if taken out of context seem to contradict each other. This is why he doesn't give one size fits all advice. You still have to perceive, think, act on your own.

Peater Piper

Take L-Lysine. Stops viral replication. I had 38.6C / 101.5F fever. Muscle pains. Dizziness. Tachycardia. Started taking lysine, symptoms started going away mere hours later. Fully cured 3 days later.

>Approximately 80% of acute stage Covid-19 sufferers given lysine displayed a minimum 70% reduction in symptoms in the first 48 hours
>Patients who started lysine in the hospital were discharged an average of 3 days after starting treatment.

At least 1000mg 3x a day on an empty stomach while eating low arginine foods (or high lysine:arginine ratio). Works as a prophylactic too.
The odd thing is that supplementing arginine showed significant benefit as well, probably due to increasing nitric oxide.

Peater Piper

Eeeh, even before the injections, which are indeed harmful, I had some friends end up with pretty significant issues after the virus. Anosmia for nearly six months (not particularly dangerous, but a dramatic loss in quality of life) pulse ox that remained low for months, elevated blood pressure. I never knew of the flu or any other respiratory infection to do that to a young adult, not with that kind of frequency. It convinced me to be proactive if I were infected even though I have no comorbidities.

OP
A

animalcule

Eeeh, even before the injections, which are indeed harmful, I had some friends end up with pretty significant issues after the virus. Anosmia for nearly six months (not particularly dangerous, but a dramatic loss in quality of life) pulse ox that remained low for months, elevated blood pressure. I never knew of the flu or any other respiratory infection to do that to a young adult, not with that kind of frequency. It convinced me to be proactive if I were infected even though I have no comorbidities.

In agreement. I was on the fence about the severity of covid when I first got it, which led me to put off taking fluvoxamine (the only other covid treatment I had on hand) thinking I'd just bounce back in a few days. Then I had the worst headache of my life, intense chills, and started having trouble taking full breaths. Scary stuff. Stayed in bed for two weeks. I was without strength for weeks afterwards.

If someone is young and healthy, they can probably get through covid with no serious issues. But it's wise to have treatments on hand, just in case, and take them as soon as you start exhibiting symptoms. If I could find my azithromycin I'd be taking that, too.

The whole response to covid was such a clusterf*ck, it was difficult to tease apart what was true, what was spin, what were 'noble lies,' etc... The shots are harmful, but so is covid. The "there's no such thing as a virus! It's never been isolated!" or "it's harmless for 99.99%!" people are useless when you're actually sick with something that is manifestly very different from other flus you've had before.

pastanagueta

When I went through this ***t in July 2021 I mainly fought it taking very frequent and high doses of vitamin C plus N Acetyl Cysteine. It worked, but was left with no sense of smell or taste which lasted for many months and today I'm still not recovered from that.

Now if that happened to me again, this time around I'm much more prepared, and what I'd use and recommend everyone use is CDS (Chlorine dioxide solution). Not the same as MMS. Too bad it's not very popular yet, but it's cheap and easy to make, and really works, I've witnessed it in several people close to me, they were totally fine in a matter of a handful of days, with no after effects at all. It's super effective as well as a preventive treatment to take in case someone around you is already ill, you won't catch it .

The other think I'd use if CDS wasn't available to me would be the herb artemisia annua.