Importance Of Lip Seal In Facial Attractiveness

Here I am with another mewing post lol...

I've been mewing for years now and have mainly focused on keeping my teeth together and my tongue on the roof of my mouth. Something I may have overlooked however was the effects of the lip seal. I've been implementing what I perceive to be proper lip posture for about a few months now and am honestly quite amazed at the results. I have become much more handsome.

So what is a proper lip seal?

Well, its kinda hard to explain, but obviously the lips must be sealed and touching at a resting state. But the key is to have them be as far forward as is comfortable at a resting state. Its almost like your making a resting duck face. But the important part is not to force it, if you do you'll look stupid obviously. Here's some pictures to illustrate what I'm getting at...

dc757ec3aeeeafc429acb2efb8ef78f2.jpg

1b85c4d5fb721b6f9bb5bf5e187d94e6--brad-pitt-seven-brad-pitt-s.jpg

Jeremy-Meeks-cannes-3.jpg

adriana-lima-versace-s-s-2017-sow-in-minal-september-2016-5.jpg

Ethan_Erickson.jpg

So if we add good lip posture on top of teeth together tongue on the roof of your mouth, I'm sure that facial beauty will increase. I think that lip seal is a very important part of getting a forward maxilla, if the lips were to not be in a proper seal as most of ours are not, then the weight of the unsupported face (or at least improperly supported face) would be enough to cause the maxilla to be pushed in.

And just for the heck of it I'm gonna use tome cruse as an example of lip seal effects over time, as I really believe that it has helped him.

2ca42b9f67dd3667cf07877c3e57ce1d.jpg

2016090514730731361599329370.jpg

Obviously he's had some serious facial change from youth to adulthood, but I would attribute a lot of it to keeping his mouth closed and proper lip seal. In the top picture he looks like your average mouth-breather but as he's aged he's become one of the most handsome men in Hollywood. A clear example that change is possible from a young age for sure.

OP
M
Here I am with another mewing post lol...

I've been mewing for years now and have mainly focused on keeping my teeth together and my tongue on the roof of my mouth. Something I may have overlooked however was the effects of the lip seal. I've been implementing what I perceive to be proper lip posture for about a few months now and am honestly quite amazed at the results. I have become much more handsome.

So what is a proper lip seal?

Well, its kinda hard to explain, but obviously the lips must be sealed and touching at a resting state. But the key is to have them be as far forward as is comfortable at a resting state. Its almost like your making a resting duck face. But the important part is not to force it, if you do you'll look stupid obviously. Here's some pictures to illustrate what I'm getting at...

dc757ec3aeeeafc429acb2efb8ef78f2.jpg

1b85c4d5fb721b6f9bb5bf5e187d94e6--brad-pitt-seven-brad-pitt-s.jpg

Jeremy-Meeks-cannes-3.jpg

adriana-lima-versace-s-s-2017-sow-in-minal-september-2016-5.jpg

Ethan_Erickson.jpg

So if we add good lip posture on top of teeth together tongue on the roof of your mouth, I'm sure that facial beauty will increase. I think that lip seal is a very important part of getting a forward maxilla, if the lips were to not be in a proper seal as most of ours are not, then the weight of the unsupported face (or at least improperly supported face) would be enough to cause the maxilla to be pushed in.

And just for the heck of it I'm gonna use tome cruse as an example of lip seal effects over time, as I really believe that it has helped him.

2ca42b9f67dd3667cf07877c3e57ce1d.jpg

2016090514730731361599329370.jpg

Obviously he's had some serious facial change from youth to adulthood, but I would attribute a lot of it to keeping his mouth closed and proper lip seal. In the top picture he looks like your average mouth-breather but as he's aged he's become one of the most handsome men in Hollywood. A clear example that change is possible from a young age for sure.
Oh and also here's mike mews video on the topic...

Nick W.

Hey Mastodon, I also used to think lips-in-contact sufficed for lipseal, now it seems that perfectly "neutral" lipseal has positive downstream effects. It's probably not a coincidence Mike's "big 3" puts lips first: lips together, teeth slightly apart, tongue on the roof of the mouth.

I think you shouldn't keep upper and lower teeths in contact throughout the day. A commenter (Mark Jens) in the Orthotropics videos convinced me of this. I disagreed with him until realizing that all the positive effects the maxilla passes downward to the mandible are achieved in chewing and swallowing, not passive contact. It's no coincidence that TMJ and tight (therefore touching) jaws go together, and not something to play with. As a man, especially, you want to retain your ability to chew strongly and keep the masseters big and strong. My jaw floats into the ideal spot when I get the lipseal right. For me, that means it swings back on to my throat a bit. Where was this info 10, 20 years ago!? Suppressed by Big Ortho, that's where.

yerrag

Lip seal also good for CO2 retention.

peatrespecter

Forum Supporter
Youre absolutely right. Not sealing the lips properly and naturally, and maintaining a closed mouth via teeth contact can overwork the masseter muscles and pull the face downward.

It’ll most likely cause a strained back of neck too and tighter the sutures

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals