Development With Vit E Deficiency; Maxilla And Pituitary Gland

Ableton

Not my work but thought this is interesting:

this book
shows a "double direction" interaction between maxilla and the pituitary gland:

"The work recently done in this field by Dr. Hector Mortimer and his associates in McGill
University, Montreal, has included studies of skull development of rats. He has shown that the

surgical removal of the pituitary body at the base of the brain in very young rats produces regularly a certain type of defect in skull development. This has been characterized by a lack of development forward of the muzzle or face, with a narrowing of the nose and dental arches. He found that by the addition of extracts made from the pituitary glands, which he had removed surgically, he entirely prevented the development of these defects, thereby establishing the relation of the injury to deficiencies of the hormones developed by that organ."

It is the first "direction" of the relation, it could mean that aside mechanical pressure posture, etc, chemicals will affect the palate's width.

He also talks about the lack of vitamin E:

"The changes observed [by vitamin E deficiency] are similar in several ways to those produced by hypophysectomy (removal of pituitary gland). Marked degranulation of the anterior pituitary is found in both the abnormal young and the adult sterile animals. Lack of vitamin E therefore produces a virtual nutritional hypophysectomy in the young rat."

Well, it shows the importance of vitamin E for good pituitary and therefor good hormonal balance. If we link it to Ray Peat's work on PUFAs (polyunsaturated fatty acids), we can guess that excess PUFAs negatively affect the pituitary and therefore the maxilla and palate. I'm only making the link with what I know, we don't know how much, etc.

And more importantly, the other relation from maxilla to pituitary:

"A striking case is that of a boy sixteen years of age who was a typical Mongolian idiot. [...]
This boy at the age of sixteen was infantile in many of his
characteristics and developments. The genitals were those of a boy eight years old. The facial expression was that of the typical Mongolian idiot. By the Binet test he had a mentality of about four years. Roentgenograms of his hands showed that the epiphyseal bones had not united. [...]

The outstanding physical characteristic was his maxillary arch which was so much smaller than the mandibular arch that it went entirely inside it. In order to give him a masticating surface, and with the hope of helping him both physically and mentally, since several cases had greatly benefited by such an operation, I determined to widen his arch by moving the maxillary bones apart about one-half inch. "

This is the before/after 30 days / after 6 months pics

bandicam-2020-02-01-12-59-39-281-jpg.251940

bandicam-2020-02-01-12-59-56-308-jpg.251941

And what is shocking is the pic's legend:

"Aged sixteen,
infantile before, adolescent after operation. While he
improved mentally he was harmless before and a sex pervert
after operation and had to be placed in an institution."

And then:
"With the movement of the maxillary bones laterally, as shown progressively in Fig. 126, there was a very great change in his physical development and mentality. He grew three inches in about four months. His moustache started to grow immediately; and in twelve weeks' time the genitals developed from those of a child to those of a man, and with it a sense of modesty. His mental change was even more marked. The space between the maxillary bones was widened about one-half inch in about thirty days. This lateral pressure on the maxillary bones was accomplished by rigid attachments to the teeth of the two sides of the upper arch. The outward movement of the maxillary bones (which form the roof of the mouth and sides of the nose) by pressure on the temporal bones produced a tension downward on the floor of the anterior part of the brain, thus stimulating the pituitary gland in the base of the brain. In a few weeks' time he passed through stages that usually take several years."

rebuke

Great post, there was a user here that widened his arch using some appliance and had some sort of androgenic transformation.

OP
A

Ableton

it's crazy and scary how literally anything can stunt your growth

ursidae

I have improper facial development and finding out about proper tongue posture at 15 was not enough to mitigate the damage. I always wondered if that would present some mechanical type of obstacle that prevents me from achieving better health. After all nothing exist in isolation in the body, I can't expect the gears to start turning if one of them grew misshapen

Last edited:
OP
A

Ableton

I have improper facial development and finding out about proper tongue posture at 15 was not enough to mitigate the damage. I always wondered if that would present some mechanical type of obstacle that prevents me from achieving better health. After all nothing exist in isolation in the body
sorry to hear that
did you soft- or hardmew?
did you try chewing gum and vit k?
my face still changed a lot in my 20's, especially my jaw. And I do think when you modulate that, your bones change a bit as well. But you have to be careful to not cause joint disclocation. It's not fun to deal with.

I also wonder if cosmetic surgery to advance the maxilla forward could actually result in better health. I am inclined to say that this is only going to be the case in extreme cases but who knows.

YourUniverse

A TocoVit a day keeps ugly faces away?

More seriously, this type of degeneration (chin receding) has occurred for me over the last 2 or 3 years. I look at pictures at 22 vs now (31) and I can see the difference. Its small but its there. Over this time I definitely way over-consumed PUFA foods, and then when Peating, I probably tried burning them off too haphazardly (too quickly, and unprotectedly). I take TocoVit daily and started strength training again to safely excrete what's left. Here's hoping for a @sladerunner69 jaw.

Last edited:

ursidae

sorry to hear that
did you soft- or hardmew?
did you try chewing gum and vit k?
my face still changed a lot in my 20's, especially my jaw. And I do think when you modulate that, your bones change a bit as well. But you have to be careful to not cause joint disclocation. It's not fun to deal with.

I also wonder if cosmetic surgery to advance the maxilla forward could actually result in better health. I am inclined to say that this is only going to be the case in extreme cases but who knows.
I saw some guys using belt pulling so I guess mine was the soft version- kept my tongue on top and never mouthbreated. Chewed a lot, all it did was give me jaw pain and masseter hypertrophy that just looked silly on a narrow jaw lol.
it's not too bad so I'm not about to do le fort procedures. Its also risky. I am sure it would help with breathing and whatnot, in my mind you can't reach optimal health if the way you are structured is not the result of optimal health. But you can always help yourself with supplementation, danny has a bit of recession but he has such a healthy appearance and seems like he is aging backwards

Danny_Broll.00_06_45_16.Still008-CC+copy.jpg

laleto12

after some point daily TocoVit usage (20-100 mg ) gave me intense teeth/facial/maxillary tensions. Not sure why but i stopped and they went away.

OP
A

Ableton

after some point daily TocoVit usage (20-100 mg ) gave me intense teeth/facial/maxillary tensions. Not sure why but i stopped and they went away.
maybe your bones started to move a bit? lol

Sheik

I saw some guys using belt pulling so I guess mine was the soft version- kept my tongue on top and never mouthbreated. Chewed a lot, all it did was give me jaw pain and masseter hypertrophy that just looked silly on a narrow jaw lol.
it's not too bad so I'm not about to do le fort procedures. Its also risky. I am sure it would help with breathing and whatnot, in my mind you can't reach optimal health if the way you are structured is not the result of optimal health. But you can always help yourself with supplementation, danny has a bit of recession but he has such a healthy appearance and seems like he is aging backwards

Danny_Broll.00_06_45_16.Still008-CC+copy.jpg
Danny is a beautiful man. (Obviously my estrogen is high due to not peating properly.)

I've been hard mewing for a few weeks. I'm hoping to split the midpalatal suture without medical intervention. I feel a tingly or scratchy feeling in the middle of my palate. Not sure if that's a sign.

ursidae

Danny is a beautiful man. (Obviously my estrogen is high due to not peating properly.)

I've been hard mewing for a few weeks. I'm hoping to split the midpalatal suture without medical intervention. I feel a tingly or scratchy feeling in the middle of my palate. Not sure if that's a sign.
I agree. Perhaps my judgement is not accurate either as a hormonally imbalanced individual myself.

Still, I was taken aback by his appearance here

I had that feeling when I had palatal expansion with braces. Be careful please

TheSir

It could help sleep apnea, but unlike palate expansion, it probably wouldn't affect the sphenoid, which is the central bone of the skull on top of which the pituitary gland sits.

Lately it seems that I am always responding to your posts lol, no creeping intended.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals