Maxilla under development the root cause of numerous common problems!

GorillaHead

After some significant research into facial bone development. I have come to conclude that breathing through your mouth is perhaps one of the most common health pandemics of the world leading to serious health issues.

The maxilla under development leads to sleep apnea. Breathing issues. Very narrow palate. Loss of physical attraction. Overly exaggerated tear troughs, deviated septum and more!!

I am just now working on using my tongue to widen my palate. I am also breathing through my nose exclusively although i find it kinda weird and slightly harder, however Breathing through my nose has resulted in a tremendous drop in anxiety. Way more relaxed.

Seems like nose breathing has different affects on the brain than mouth breathing.

My nose often gets congested so its gonna be difficult to switch over to nose breathing but I hear working on the maxilla can lead to better sinus breathing.

Any pointers on growing out the maxilla. Really working on tongue posture and neck posture.

Any advice would appreciated

MarcelZD

I agree with this. I had to have my deviated septum and nose bone fixed surgically for this reason, and breathing became much easier thereafter. I personally do not believe that much can be done about the maxilla in adulthood though, at least not naturally.

AlaskaJono

After some significant research into facial bone development. I have come to conclude that breathing through your mouth is perhaps one of the most common health pandemics of the world leading to serious health issues.

The maxilla under development leads to sleep apnea. Breathing issues. Very narrow palate. Loss of physical attraction. Overly exaggerated tear troughs, deviated septum and more!!

I am just now working on using my tongue to widen my palate. I am also breathing through my nose exclusively although i find it kinda weird and slightly harder, however Breathing through my nose has resulted in a tremendous drop in anxiety. Way more relaxed.

Seems like nose breathing has different affects on the brain than mouth breathing.

My nose often gets congested so its gonna be difficult to switch over to nose breathing but I hear working on the maxilla can lead to better sinus breathing.

Any pointers on growing out the maxilla. Really working on tongue posture and neck posture.

Any advice would appreciated
Great personal discovery. Yes, nose breathing, overall, is best. I also had a deviated septum, it never caused problems, I was physical and doing yoga etc, and at about 30 years old I had the money to do this surgery. Helped a lot. Nasal congestion and rhinitis are common also and do not help to breathe through the nose. Therefore slightly warm salt water snurfed up each nostril 2 times each in the morning can help. And in the afternoon, or evening when needed. Yes you can get a neti pot, but a little teacup or espresso cup is fine. Salt enough to taste, doesn't need to burn. You will discover.

Sometimes cranial sacral therapy can help, also a Nasal Specific Chiropractic move may help. This last one is invasive, a finger cot turning into a ballon to open up the nasal turbinates/Nasopharynx and it can help. I did this in my 20's with a Chiro and it was very helpful. My cranial bones moved enough in a few weeks (a few treatments) that I looked different to me in the mirror one morning!!!

Also some foods (or ingredients) may cause too much phlegm lately. Anyhow, experiment and get the phlegm out.

Gânico

Tongue/mewing is not enough to widen palate/maxilla, you need a heavy chewing routine

Bartu

Just got endoscopic septoplasty and turbinate reduction(concha bullosa etc)(celon method, safest method available) week ago. Night and day difference. Im not having permanent nasal congestion anymore. Now both of nostrils are in minimum 50% open and it was like 50% max or totally shut. Highly recommend. If you get nasal breathing problem in early childhood then yeah you will be doomed for life. Its important to watch for this in kids and eliminate the problem as early as possible.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

Just got endoscopic septoplasty and turbinate reduction(concha bullosa etc)(celon method, safest method available) week ago. Night and day difference. Im not having permanent nasal congestion anymore. Now both of nostrils are in minimum 50% open and it was like 50% max or totally shut. Highly recommend. If you get nasal breathing problem in early childhood then yeah you will be doomed for life. Its important to watch for this in kids and eliminate the problem as early as possible.
Might consider the turbinate thing. Like right now after using afrin. Both my nostrils are breathing super well and all is good. But after it wears off. I need to use a nasal strip just to be able to breathe well enough thru my nose

TheCalciumCad

Hows your posture? don't you always complain of hair loss aswell? both are downstream of poor craniofacial development aka the maxilla and malocclusion (jaw development).

Bartu

Might consider the turbinate thing. Like right now after using afrin. Both my nostrils are breathing super well and all is good. But after it wears off. I need to use a nasal strip just to be able to breathe well enough thru my nose
I was doing the same, slave of nasal spray. Turbinate reduction with radiofrequency, totally worth it, but must be done by very good trusted doc, so you wont get too much of reduction because there is always possibility of getting empty nose syndrome, this is rather unheard of with the radiofrequency method, more so with the old traditional scalpel reduction method but do your homework before you decide.

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

I was doing the same, slave of nasal spray. Turbinate reduction with radiofrequency, totally worth it, but must be done by very good trusted doc, so you wont get too much of reduction because there is always possibility of getting empty nose syndrome, this is rather unheard of with the radiofrequency method, more so with the old traditional scalpel reduction method but do your homework before you decide.
Okay i only think i need a very minimal turbinate reduction. Like very conservative. So far my nose breathing still amazing both nostrils. Super clear. No nasal strip( for a while i thought i had a collpased nostril cause the strips helped).

TheSir

Sometimes cranial sacral therapy can help, also a Nasal Specific Chiropractic move may help. This last one is invasive, a finger cot turning into a ballon to open up the nasal turbinates/Nasopharynx and it can help. I did this in my 20's with a Chiro and it was very helpful. My cranial bones moved enough in a few weeks (a few treatments) that I looked different to me in the mirror one morning!!!
I did this to myself several times years ago. The first inflation cracked some bones in my face and set the bones in my posterior skull moving, which they still do by dozens of audible shifts and clicks every day years later. I wonder if the process will ever be finished.

jacob

Hows your posture? don't you always complain of hair loss aswell? both are downstream of poor craniofacial development aka the maxilla and malocclusion (jaw development).
Which posture issues are often associated with this?

TheCalciumCad

Which posture issues are often associated with this?
Usually chronic tension around the neck, shoulders, upper back....putting tension on the jaw and head. Forward head posture is common. Oral posture is also important. This is the cause of blood flow issues and calcification / fibrosis of the scalp in men. I figured out recently I have a tongue tie which needs removing, this was the cause of bad posture all along for me and means I can't practice oral posture (mewing) yet. Downstream of that I had vision issues, TMJ and hair loss all connected.

Trivek

@GorillaHead I came to the same conclusion about how important facial development is a number of years ago, and finished an orthodontic journey this past August. For 2 years I wore what's called a DNA Appliance that expanded my maxilla width by 5mm. Afterwards I also had a tongue-tie release done.
The combination of these 2 allowed for something that I was never able to do: Suction the tongue to the roof of my mouth. Before this I would wake up from a nights sleep around 3-4 times a week with my mouth open, drool on the pillow. Now I never wake up with my mouth open. I haven't had any dramatic health improvements that I've noticed, but I understand the overall benefits of breathing through your nose, especially when sleeping.
I followed this with almost 3 years of Invisalign, which was mostly cosmetic, but it did help somewhat with malocclusion and an overbite.

Luann

I did this to myself several times years ago. The first inflation cracked some bones in my face and set the bones in my posterior skull moving, which they still do by dozens of audible shifts and clicks every day years later. I wonder if the process will ever be finished.
Whoa I kind of want more detail!

Ras

@GorillaHead I came to the same conclusion about how important facial development is a number of years ago, and finished an orthodontic journey this past August. For 2 years I wore what's called a DNA Appliance that expanded my maxilla width by 5mm. Afterwards I also had a tongue-tie release done.
The combination of these 2 allowed for something that I was never able to do: Suction the tongue to the roof of my mouth. Before this I would wake up from a nights sleep around 3-4 times a week with my mouth open, drool on the pillow. Now I never wake up with my mouth open. I haven't had any dramatic health improvements that I've noticed, but I understand the overall benefits of breathing through your nose, especially when sleeping.
I followed this with almost 3 years of Invisalign, which was mostly cosmetic, but it did help somewhat with malocclusion and an overbite.
Did this have any effect on frequency of biting your tongue or lip?

Luann

About the inflation therapy, whatever you'd like to share. I have problems breathing at night

Liam311

Aforementioned endo-nasal balloon therapy. The idea being (roughly) that this vibrates the sphenoid bone and encourages it to move towards it original design.

I find mastic gum to be very useful.

'Chin tucks' as many as you can get through in a day.

Breath holds and techniques related to buteyko breathing, and/or pranayama breathing exercises.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals