Meditation And Carbon Dioxide

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Well now theres a thought.

Hmmmmmm :confused

frustrated

cliff said:
if pulse goes down with meditation maybe that's a sign of high adrenaline?

This is true in my experience. Before meditating I needed to consume a ***t load of salt to keep my (racing) pulse down. After a few weeks of meditating I don't need to use salt - cheese and milk is enough.

Peata

Charlie, are you still meditating? If so, what benefits do you have from long-term? And did you experience anymore "out of body" sensation?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I do it occasionally.

Regarding the breathing question you asked earlier. Its always best to breathe through the nose with mouth closed.

Peata

Charlie said:
I do it occasionally.

Regarding the breathing question you asked earlier. Its always best to breathe through the nose with mouth closed.

OK, thank you for clearing that up for me.

Years ago I used to meditate almost daily. I would breathe in through nose, out through mouth. Anyway, it must have worked thought probably not ideal. But after so many minutes, I would get into that state where breathing would slow way down. I was in that zone.

One time in particular, I way lying on my back on the floor meditating, and when I got in that state, things really escalated out of my control. I never did find a satisfactory answer on what happened. I don't believe I was really going anywhere, so what happens in the body that makes it seem like it?

I think it partly has to do with just our awareness doesn't have the same grounding point as when we are in our regular mental state, and so it's easier for our brain to orient itself in our surroundings differently. If you get what I mean. Plus, I always figured there were some types of changes occuring at that moment in our blood chemistry (I now know that might be CO2) and thyroid output (I thought that was why I heated up though), and so forth.

Peata

Any ideas as to why I start itching all over when meditating? This is distracting because I have to scratch all the random spots that start itching.

Such_Umami

I found this thread after a google search. It was a very interesting discussion. Thanks to all those that took part.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals