Tongue posture's role in stress, bowel disease, hair loss, and sense of smell (structure and function)

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Greyfox, It seems possible or at least worth trying. Perhaps chewing would help as well. I read this in the book Breath by James Nestor which I highly recommend.
“Unlike other bones in the body, the bone that makes up the center of the face, called the maxilla, is made of a membrane bone that’s highly plastic. The maxilla can remodel and grow more dense into our 70s, and likely longer. “You, me, whoever—we can grow bone at any age,” Belfor told me. All we need are stem cells. And the way we produce and signal stem cells to build more maxilla bone in the face is by engaging the masseter—by clamping down on the back molars over and over. Chewing. The more we gnaw, the more stem cells release, the more bone density and growth we’ll trigger, the younger we’ll look and the better we’ll breathe.”
3EA80A52-631B-483D-AA6A-34AC3326C70E.jpeg

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

Hi @Greyfox -- I don't know the answer to your question, but if you're interested in "accomodating of airways", you should definitely look into nasal specific. It's a technique that inserts a balloon into the sinuses and expands them when the balloon is expanded. Not only does it open up airways that may not be fully opened, but the pressure can also unlock cranial structures that may have become "locked" by a previous head injury or trauma, even dating back to birth. This technique has been used successfully for decades, primarily by chiropractors and Osteopaths trained in the practice. It can alleviate chronic allergies, and many other things such as seizure activity. It's even been reported to eliminate tinnitus.
oh, nice one. Tinnitus can be an issue for me on occassion as well.

OP
Greyfox

Greyfox

@Greyfox, It seems possible or at least worth trying. Perhaps chewing would help as well. I read this in the book Breath by James Nestor which I highly recommend.
“Unlike other bones in the body, the bone that makes up the center of the face, called the maxilla, is made of a membrane bone that’s highly plastic. The maxilla can remodel and grow more dense into our 70s, and likely longer. “You, me, whoever—we can grow bone at any age,” Belfor told me. All we need are stem cells. And the way we produce and signal stem cells to build more maxilla bone in the face is by engaging the masseter—by clamping down on the back molars over and over. Chewing. The more we gnaw, the more stem cells release, the more bone density and growth we’ll trigger, the younger we’ll look and the better we’ll breathe.”
View attachment 52820
Hi Blossom. This is super encouraging. I'm familiar with James Nestor. I found his work interesting as it naturally intersected with Ray's work on respiration. I found his account of tuomo breathing increasing his body temperature to the point of sweating to be fascinating since i've been looking into ways to induce fever on purpose. If you're interested, I made a post recently on niacinamide and fever.
I'll have to look into finding some decent quality chewing gum. Most commercial gum's seem to be toxic.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Greyfox, fantastic. Mastic Gum might be an option you’d possibly find more acceptable.

sphenoid

Do you think long-term correction of tongue posture can encourage the skull to become more accomodating of airways even in adulthood?

I think the potential for change is less than in childhood, due to the decline in metabolic function, but certainly possible. Increasing the malleability and laxity of the sutures between the cranial and facial bones will come from anything that enhances metabolism. Combined with reinforcing habits like tongue posture and the airways can certainly expand.

I've never tried the nasal specific technique but it looks like it can be helpful to unlock the facial bones if they've been stuck for a long time. I'm going to look into doing this myself since it seems fairly simple. As for gum I would recommend mastic gum, not only a great chew but also antimicrobial to a degree. I could be wrong but I read somewhere that falim gum uses preservatives, which is a shame because I used to enjoy chewing it.

OP, what you're referring to is called the Vagus Nerve. With proper breathing you'll stimulate the vagus nerve and move into a parasympathetic state.

Last edited:

GTW

Most of my life I thought that I breathed through my mouth because of sinus congestion and in the worst periods, hay fever.
Instead discovered the reverse to be true. Consciously I line up my lower and upper front teeth with my mouth shut as I go to sleep. Forcefully breathing through my nose for a minute usually clears any congestion.
You can also buy a plastic retainer for $10.

Ras

View attachment 52820
I've enjoyed Refresh gum. It's made with chicle. Cinnamon seems to be the hardest, and it tastes good. The mint tastes bad.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
@Ras, thank you! That looks like a much better choice for gum.

Layne

I've never tried the nasal specific technique but it looks like it can be helpful to unlock the facial bones if they've been stuck for a long time.

Hi @sphenoid -- Just to mention, this nasal specific technique goes by a variety of names. One of them is known as "NeuroCranial Restructuring", or NCR for short. I first heard about this from a friend who had a head injury and fell into a chronic fatigue state. She then heard from a man who had a head injury as a child, and had suffered from seizures ever since. Once he got the NCR done, his seizures stopped completely. Once my friend had it done, her chronic fatigue resolved.

I hesitate to mention NCR because practitioners usually charge FAR more for their services than if you find a chiropractor who will normally do it for the cost of a single visit. But thought I'd pass it along anyway. I eventually had it done by a local chiropractor, and the release I experienced from having it done was profound. I don't think there was anything else that could have unlocked my cranials the way this technique did.

Can you summarize in writing (I don't translate the videos very well despite the subtitles) the procedure for training how to hold the tongue correctly and how to recognize adaptations in the medium to long term? personally I have absolutely no control of the back, but I have irreversible skeletal asymmetries starting from the skull so I'm limited but I want to try 👍

Liam311

Hi @Greyfox -- I don't know the answer to your question, but if you're interested in "accomodating of airways", you should definitely look into nasal specific. It's a technique that inserts a balloon into the sinuses and expands them when the balloon is expanded. Not only does it open up airways that may not be fully opened, but the pressure can also unlock cranial structures that may have become "locked" by a previous head injury or trauma, even dating back to birth. This technique has been used successfully for decades, primarily by chiropractors and Osteopaths trained in the practice. It can alleviate chronic allergies, and many other things such as seizure activity. It's even been reported to eliminate tinnitus.
@Greyfox Yes, It's possible to encourage the skull to be more accommodating. It's not the easiest thing to get going but the structure is alive and mobile, not static and fixed. Consistency is key.

@Layne That's a good shout on endonasal balloon therapy. I was actually a patient of Dr Mike Mew (as an adult) and it was recommended to try a similar treatment out called Neurocranial restructuring (NCR). I had quite a shift after one session.

The sphenoid articulates with all cranial bones. Any vibration or 'knock' on this would promote it to move towards it's natural position. Tongue forces having a similar effect.

Liam311

View attachment 52820

Mastic Gum is great for this!

TheSir

NCR is quite effective. I only needed to do it once to get my sutures moving. The night after my first self-treatment I woke up to a sound that was like a zipper was slowly being ripped open around my posterior skull. Since then I've been having dozens of sutural shifts in that area every day for almost seven years now. Certain body positions and head movements always induce these shifts. At this point, I'm not sure if all this is progressing somewhere, or if that's just how the sutures naturally shift around back and forth in response to postural forces.

The tongue is a major player in...
Did you paste this from somewhere? I think it was originally written by me. No problem if you did, just had an eerie feeling reading it.

sphenoid

Hi @sphenoid -- Just to mention, this nasal specific technique goes by a variety of names. One of them is known as "NeuroCranial Restructuring", or NCR for short. I first heard about this from a friend who had a head injury and fell into a chronic fatigue state. She then heard from a man who had a head injury as a child, and had suffered from seizures ever since. Once he got the NCR done, his seizures stopped completely. Once my friend had it done, her chronic fatigue resolved.

I hesitate to mention NCR because practitioners usually charge FAR more for their services than if you find a chiropractor who will normally do it for the cost of a single visit. But thought I'd pass it along anyway. I eventually had it done by a local chiropractor, and the release I experienced from having it done was profound. I don't think there was anything else that could have unlocked my cranials the way this technique did.

Thank you for bringing this to light. I've read about it but never new any names for it. I've had success using SCENAR devices to heal the accessory and vagus nerves, both of which control muscles that open the face and skull but this technique seems like it would be a good complement.

NCR is quite effective. I only needed to do it once to get my sutures moving. The night after my first self-treatment I woke up to a sound that was like a zipper was slowly being ripped open around my posterior skull. Since then I've been having dozens of sutural shifts in that area every day for almost seven years now. Certain body positions and head movements always induce these shifts. At this point, I'm not sure if all this is progressing somewhere, or if that's just how the sutures naturally shift around back and forth in response to postural forces.

Did you paste this from somewhere? I think it was originally written by me. No problem if you did, just had an eerie feeling reading it.

No these are my own words, actually from a book of mine I'm composing on the subject. I'm interested into how you went about self-administering NCR. What equipment did you use and where did you get it?

TheSir

No these are my own words, actually from a book of mine I'm composing on the subject. I'm interested into how you went about self-administering NCR. What equipment did you use and where did you get it?
Ah, interesting. We have a very similar vocabulary, as well as nearly identical ways of phrasing and structuring informative text. While I can't remember everything I've written about the subject since 2016 or so, I'm sure I've written the same summary almost word-to-word somewhere. Would be fun to find it and compare.

NCR requires the bulb of a blood pressure meter, finger cots and some floss to tie the cot to the bulb. It's that cheap and easy. There exists an old, more thorough guide which I've attached to this post for your consideration. It should answer every question that might arise, but if not, feel free to hit me up.

Attachments

• My_Self-Treatment_Protocol_Locked_-_CTS.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals