Experiencing ALS Now and I Sense a Serotonin Connection

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I’m not sure-it was just my impression from reading the comment. You seem to have an excellent understanding of what is happening with your body though and ultimately we all have to proceed with what that makes sense to us. I’m glad you are finding homeopathy useful. Hopefully this was just an inconvenient blip that passes quickly.
I'm flattered but I still have to kick myself for taking a week to figure this out. I expected the body to recover in 3 days, and when it went past that time, I should have started to think. Then a week would pass before alarm bells started to ring. Just goes to say I can be blinded as easily as anyone. And I can't say I was just born yesterday.

Yes, very inconvenient. And very humbling to think I'm just gonna mop up this year, and in the first month I encounter this. Perhaps it is a reality check, there would always be the unexpected, and how I deal with is the most important thing.

I was considering seeing a toxicologist, and now I'm glad I didn't as I would be going down a wild goose chase. Once again, the solution is just in my medicine cupboard- homeopathy. It had never worked for me until today, and that's why I didn't believe in it. Yet I have a kit for my cats, and they would vouch for its efficacy. And slowly they're making a convert out of me.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Once again, the solution is just in my medicine cupboard- homeopathy. It had never worked for me until today, and that's why I didn't believe in it. Yet I have a kit for my cats, and they would vouch for its efficacy. And slowly they're making a convert out of me.
Go easy on yourself. We are human after all and often it’s the simple things that we tend dismiss that have the greatest impact. I wasn’t born yesterday either and as soon as I think I have everything figured out for myself sure enough a life lesson comes around…
I’m really glad you found a simple solution!

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Go easy on yourself. We are human after all and often it’s the simple things that we tend dismiss that have the greatest impact. I wasn’t born yesterday either and as soon as I think I have everything figured out for myself sure enough a life lesson comes around…
I’m really glad you found a simple solution!
Thanks. It is common to miss the forest for the trees, and also miss the trees for the forest. I started thinking this is a serotonin issue, to be proved wrong later as the issue was more likely a toxin. That which can be resolved by homeopathy, which are basically a very diluted solution of a toxin.

In hindsight, I can see the many complaints I have tying together as a coherent response by the body to keep the toxin contained and not allowing it to go further down where it can do more damage.

My throat being congested was because gastric juice was being sent up into my throat into a pocket that lay above the throat. And I sometimes would feel the burn of the acid, but only slightly. The passage of food into the esophagus became restricted and it took more effort to swallow. And food would build up on the upper throat because the upper half of the throat was where the gastric juice are stored, for use to kill the microbes that make the toxins. And I felt like I was drowning in so much saliva because it was sealing any passage that would allow entry of microbes and toxins into the lungs. That explains why ai have never seen saliva so copious and so gooey it was literally glue to the sink when I spit into it.

If this were botulism, I would already be in the ER after getting double vision and collapsing, except for the protective mechanism in place that I initially saw as bad symptoms.

No wonder I always felt that my issue was weirdly confined to my upper respiratory/digestive tract. And the incessant hiccup was probably the body's way of continually pumping out from my system any microbe or toxin that could creep in.

The body was hoping I would gibe it some help in the way of something that would neutralize the toxins, and although I was kinda slow going about it, I'm still glad the homeopathic remedy idea came and I began to see the issue being resolved.

In this episode, I got to appreciate more the wisdom of the body, a term Prof.Zajchek, whom Peat used to mention of a lot, would used.

I could be wrong, but it's fun to try to put the pieces together and try to make sense of what has transpired.

Last edited:

Inaut

I was actually looking at trying the homeopathic remedy associated with my astrological sign. Your post on homeopathy made me order nat phos 6x just to see what its all about. Hope you are feeling better @yerrag

Nfinkelstein

My throat being congested was because gastric juice was being sent up into my throat into a pocket that lay above the throat. And I sometimes would feel the burn of the acid, but only slightly. The passage of food into the esophagus became restricted and it took more effort to swallow. And food would build up on the upper throat because the upper half of the throat was where the gastric juice are stored, for use to kill the microbes that make the toxins. And I felt like I was drowning in so much saliva because it was sealing any passage that would allow entry of microbes and toxins into the lungs. That explains why ai have never seen saliva so copious and so gooey it was literally glue to the sink when I spit into it.

If this were botulism, I would already be in the ER after getting double vision and collapsing, except for the protective mechanism in place that I initially saw as bad symptoms.
Since you are already trying homeopathic remedies (seems sensible) there are three you may consider in the following order: hyoscamus niger, ammonium muriaticum, ammonium carb. Each in a 30c or lower potency. I would try each remedy, a dose every 10 minutes for three doses and if no improvement move to the next remedy.

If on the other hand you suspect botulism consider arsenicum album or nux vomica (in same potencies as above).

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I was actually looking at trying the homeopathic remedy associated with my astrological sign. Your post on homeopathy made me order nat phos 6x just to see what its all about. Hope you are feeling better @yerrag
Thanks. I'm still hiccupping. Disturbs my sleep. And hard to eat in public as I could bellow out morsels of food without warning. From the sudden urge to wheeze.
And I can't talk without stuttering with the hiccup interrupting me.

After this trip I'm at, where I'm doing most of the driving, I'll be able to concentrate more on using the homeopathic pills.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Since you are already trying homeopathic remedies (seems sensible) there are three you may consider in the following order: hyoscamus niger, ammonium muriaticum, ammonium carb. Each in a 30c or lower potency. I would try each remedy, a dose every 10 minutes for three doses and if no improvement move to the next remedy.
Thanks for this. I'd need to place an order for them.

If on the other hand you suspect botulism consider arsenicum album or nux vomica (in same potencies as above).
Trying out nux vomica now. Only because symptoms match more. Will also try ars/alb.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Finally, my belching and hiccupping is gone. Took me 12 days to find the solution to it. Chewing a teaspoon of fennel seeds fixed it last night.

Inaut

Finally, my belching and hiccupping is gone. Took me 12 days to find the solution to it. Chewing a teaspoon of fennel seeds fixed it last night.
Very glad to hear it :)

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Very glad to hear it :)
Thank you!

I learned a few things here which I wouldn't have if I went to a doctor.

Homeopathy helped. Using Nux Vomica stopped the hiccups as I believe it was effective in countering a toxin. But its effect was only temporary, as the microbe producing the toxin wasn't neutralized, so toxins continue to be around, and the hiccups would recur.

Chewing fennel seeds seemed to address the microbes, but the hiccups would recur although the strength of the hiccups became much weaker.

I finished this off with 25mg of copper acetate, which I have used in the past for a bum stomach. This stopped all hiccupping and belching.

Since my throat was still sore, I gargled with salt solution last night before bed. I woke up with much improved throat condition. Another gargle and mid-morning my sore throat is gone.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I finally found the real cause, and now I have to fix the effect of my mistake. Posted on another thread. This would conclude this thread:

Post in thread 'Troubleshooting Foamy Urine' Troubleshooting Foamy Urine

Jam

I was at first thinking I was having a healing crisis, but I had to reconsider and now think I got food poisoning. The toxins explain why I am having symptoms that a mere healing crisis cannot explain.

Food poisoning happens, and I'm glad I'm the only one stricken. It will be resolved.and there will be no lasting damage. it helps I have a sturdy metabolism and I can weather the insult. It's foolish of me to be worried about the spasms. I should trear them as no more than ant bites.

We.will always be back, better than ever.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals