Severe Insomnia/White Tongue Suppression

natedawggh

WHITE TONGUE:
I have found something that completely knocked out the thick, white bacterial coating that was caking my tongue and causing severe histamine reactions in my body. To be clear, this is not candida or oral thrush. Many people commonly mistake the thick, goopy bacterial coating on the tongue of a person of poor health as candida. Candida/oral thrush infects the actual tissues of the tongue, and usually appears as spots. It is painful like a mouth sore. A thick white-yellowish coating on the tongue, not in the tissues, that must be scraped off daily is bacteria and is a sign of poor health (a normal, healthy coating should be an even distribution of thin white).

I discovered this last winter while suffering a flu, but didn't try it again until four weeks ago. It immediately knocks out the coating, allowing it to be easily scraped off and suppressed continually while on the medication.

The med that did this was Mucinex, or more specifically the active ingredient Guaifenesin. Do not try to do this with the brands of Mucinex that contain cough suppressants or other ingredients. Those other medications, specifically the cough suppressant, are toxic, especially in high/sustained doses. Guaifenesin has a long history of helpful actions, and appears to work through many of the Peat approved channels. It also has a slight muscle relaxant effect, aiding in sleep. My strategy for this was to take two the first evening, then one Mucinex in the morning and one at night (it has a 12 hour release), and once the bacteria is diminished, only take one Mucinex a day in the evening for maintenance.

INSOMNIA:
I tried many things to cure my severe insomnia. It has plagued me chronically for at least six years, and started intermittently more than twelve years ago. It was not uncommon for me to be awake until 7 or 8 in the morning, until utter exhaustion took me. On the rare occasions where I fell asleep at 12 or 1 am, I would immediately wake within an hour, agitated, restless, and couldn't go back to sleep until late in the morning as well.

Progesterone, anti-histamines, thyroid, aspirin...I tried all these things and more and nothing ever fixed the problem. One day I heard about EMF Fields (electromagnetic frequency fields) and portable devices. (Ray Peat has a long article on radiation and its dangers, but I thought he was referring more to X-rays and Nuclear fallout).

I turned off my phone and my wifi station, and stayed far away from the computer, my iPad, and sat back from the television for a whole day. That night I fell asleep at 12 am and didn't wake up once until 9 am, the first time that had happened to me in probably a decade. I was so excited I kept them off, and continued to sleep easily and soundly from 12 or 1 until 9 or 10 am. It was difficult getting my boyfriend to agree to having the wifi off, but after turning it back on and me not sleeping again for a few days, he decided it was better to do it even if it really was a placebo effect (which it can't be because I tried many other things I thought would let me sleep, that did not).

I have been sleeping excellently for weeks now, the most important part is that I really feel rested from sleep finally. Last night I even went to bed at 10:35 and don't remember laying in bed. There have been some mornings when I wake up at 5 (after laying down early), and feel cold, so I take some orange juice, and/or aspirin/thyroid/salt and will fall back to sleep immediately until the sun comes up around 8 or 9.

VITAMIN E
The last thing, is that I have been taking very high doses of vitamin E for the last two weeks (like 1600 iu or more a day, plus some applied to skin) and it has had some major effects on my health, some of the lasting problems that hadn't been taken care of by progesterone/thyroid/etc. My bowels work almost perfectly, gently, with no gas or bloating for the first time in a very long time. It also seems to help suppress bacterial endotoxin, my skin looks amazing, and most of all I have noticed a great reduction in the rate of breathing, sometimes finding my breaths so long and easy, I just feel like I had gone to yoga or mediated, instead of the rapid, breathless air hunger that was usually the case.

jyb

I think your insomnia testimonial is inspiring. I hope however that you're wrong about the wifi part. Turning off the mobile is easy, the same cannot be said about wifi from neighboring flats.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mittir

natedawggh said:
VITAMIN E
The last thing, is that I have been taking very high doses of vitamin E for the last two weeks (like 1600 iu or more a day, plus some applied to skin) and it has had some major effects on my health, some of the lasting problems that hadn't been taken care of by progesterone/thyroid/etc. My bowels work almost perfectly, gently, with no gas or bloating for the first time in a very long time. It also seems to help suppress bacterial endotoxin, my skin looks amazing, and most of all I have noticed a great reduction in the rate of breathing, sometimes finding my breaths so long and easy, I just feel like I had gone to yoga or mediated, instead of the rapid, breathless air hunger that was usually the case.

I have been using 400 IU of vitamin E quite regularly for last few years.
I felt a mild improvement in health, nothing dramatic. I was always
wary of all the bad experience people reported here using large dose
vitamin E. I increased vitamin E intake to 1000 IU-2000 IU daily for
last few weeks and there was dramatic improvement in health and
especially in skin within days. It is clear now that 400 IU was not enough.
RP usually recommends 200-400 IU and he also added that need for
vitamin E depends on PUFA storage. He said higher potency of vitamin E
are fine too. He himself stopped using vitamin E mainly because of the
quality of commercial products. I think we would have had much better
result from 400 IU of vitamin E if it's quality was really good, without soy.
What kind of vitamin E are you using? Mixed tocopherols? Brand?

Suikerbuik

I have found something that completely knocked out the thick, white bacterial coating that was caking my tongue and causing severe histamine reactions in my body. ... A thick white-yellowish coating on the tongue, not in the tissues, that must be scraped off daily is bacteria and is a sign of poor health (a normal, healthy coating should be an even distribution of thin white).

What you are basically saying here is that you turned from unhealthy to healthy just by adding in guaifenesin. Thick mucous is indeed a sign of poor health, but if you turn "healthy" by just taking guaifenesin, I doubt ;).
Guaifenesin is an interesting 'drug' though. What I know for sure about guaifenesin it that it thins your mucus assisting your drainage. And probably does more but this is in debate. This is an interesting sience supported view on this substance The Role of Guaifenesin in Fibromyalgia.

I think you would find a similar insomnia relief by combining anti-histamines and calcium blockers. I made a thread about cellphone symptoms here: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3538

mt_dreams

I was able to get rid of the white tongue problem by using the following protocol.
before bed: 1) use tongue scraper 2) rinse mouth with baking soda 3)take anywhere from 1/4-1 tablet/gummy oral probiotic supplement (even the childrens version worked for me). I just let it dissolve in my mouth as I'm preparing for bed. It's probably not as effective as the drug mentioned, but it's something people who are weary of taking drugs can utilize. The second benefit taking this type of probiotic is my teeth never seem to have plaque on them.

The following article is probably the most comprehensive article I've read regarding patterns, timing, & debt of sleep. It's from Dan Pardi via kris kessers website. I don't know much about dans plan, but he's definitely a good communicator. There were a lot of ah ha moments when reading this article and thinking back to my own bouts of insomnia from the past when nothing food/supplement wise changed.
How Much Sleep Do You Need?

I am able to instantly remove white growth by gently brushing with active charcoal. Another user reported rinsing it off after applying active charcoal overnight.

jyb

Such_Saturation said:
I think you would find a similar insomnia relief by combining anti-histamines and calcium blockers. I made a thread about cellphone symptoms here: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=3538

Would cyproheptadine achieve both anti-histamine and calcium blocking properties?

jyb said:
Such_Saturation said:

Would cyproheptadine achieve both anti-histamine and calcium blocking properties?

Yes but I don't know if it would suffice or if a pure blocker would be needed. I don't know how complete it is as a anti-histamine, I couple it with ebastine which is very good.

pboy

ive moved living places a few times recently...and its really opened my eyes to electromagnetic fields...any little thing that buzzes, even a refrigerator (especially) can really make it annoying to fall asleep....once im out, im out...but the initial sleep is so much easier if you sleep outside or in a quiet room with no buzzing machines of any kind near, no doubt...I feel bad for people who cannot escape them, ive been in apartments where you really cant, and its a constant mild stress

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Suikerbuik said:
I have found something that completely knocked out the thick, white bacterial coating that was caking my tongue and causing severe histamine reactions in my body. ... A thick white-yellowish coating on the tongue, not in the tissues, that must be scraped off daily is bacteria and is a sign of poor health (a normal, healthy coating should be an even distribution of thin white).

What you are basically saying here is that you turned from unhealthy to healthy just by adding in guaifenesin. Thick mucous is indeed a sign of poor health, but if you turn "healthy" by just taking guaifenesin, I doubt ;).
Guaifenesin is an interesting 'drug' though. What I know for sure about guaifenesin it that it thins your mucus assisting your drainage. And probably does more but this is in debate. This is an interesting sience supported view on this substance The Role of Guaifenesin in Fibromyalgia.

That's not at all what I said. You said that.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

jyb said:
I think your insomnia testimonial is inspiring. I hope however that you're wrong about the wifi part. Turning off the mobile is easy, the same cannot be said about wifi from neighboring flats.

Yes I know! Fortunately I live in a small town, with few wifi sources. There are some way you can block wifi, though, or ground emf fields. I haven't tried those yet because I can turn mine off.

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Mittir said:
[quote="natedawggh]
. He himself stopped using vitamin E mainly because of the
quality of commercial products. I think we would have had much better
result from 400 IU of vitamin E if it's quality was really good, without soy.
What kind of vitamin E are you using? Mixed tocopherols? Brand?
[/quote][/quote]

Yes, there are so many brands that are synthetic, which is terrible. It can only be identified as dl-alpha and not d-alpha. Even a lot of the natural ones are made with soy or silica or other harmful stuff.

Solaray super bio e is the best, and online for 19.95 but the cheapest good brand is Swanson, for 9.95. I make sure it's derived from sunflower oil and has no other additives. The Swanson one is great!

tomisonbottom

natedawggh said:
WHITE TONGUE:
VITAMIN E

What vitamin E do you use? And do you still take Mucinex for white tongue?

OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

Swanson brand non gmo natural sunflower derived vitamin E. it's important not to use synthetic. Sometimes you can only tell that it's synthetic from the back label if it says dl-alpha tocopherol, that means it's synthetic.

I don't because it only works while using it... Though my health has gotten more under control it has lessened naturally.

aquaman

This is interesting about Vit E - I went through a phase of feeling phsychologcally very strong for 6 weeks, and checking my notes I was taking a biggish amount of Vit E every day.

FromMalta

Swanson brand non gmo natural sunflower derived vitamin E. it's important not to use synthetic. Sometimes you can only tell that it's synthetic from the back label if it says dl-alpha tocopherol, that means it's synthetic.

I don't because it only works while using it... Though my health has gotten more under control it has lessened naturally.

Did you take the 600 mg mucinex original pills? Or the syrup?

What have you found since stopping mucinex, helped you with getting rid of the white tongue?

I’m finding limiting starch and sugar and exercise to be helpful. It’s odd though.
Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals