Why would famotidine give me dry mouth but not cypro?

I'm.No.One

So I was looking to find an alternative to cypro since my body decided to give reactive hypoglycemia a try (😅)& it genuinely seems to make blood sugar drops happen more often.

Anyhow, I still live a pretty high stress life & unfortunately it's not something I can do away with.

So, in an effort to counteract the serotonin/cortisol general chaos that comes with stress on the really bad days I decided to try famotidine + the idea it may help me store a bit more glucose seemed nice in the event that was playing into my reactive hypoglycemia.

The issue is it gives me a dry or almost numb sensation in my mouth, even though when I take a gander at my tongue it's visibly moist?

Almost feels like it's related to not breathing right when using famotidine if that makes sense.

So what's going on here? Too much dopamine or too low of serotonin?

Also, if you feel like humoring me further:

Why would famotidine do this but not cypro which is notorious for giving people dry mouth?

I only ask because I feel like it's a bread crumb to something going on in my body.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

Won't let me edit so I'll add:

It does make me feel calm, the kind of calm you don't really notice versus the sedating calm of cypro.

InChristAlone

I was trying to find which receptors it binds to and couldn't find it. Cypro does bind to the receptors that give dry mouth, I find my body can overcome it at a dose of 0.5 mg or less.

OP
I'm.No.One

I'm.No.One

I was trying to find which receptors it binds to and couldn't find it. Cypro does bind to the receptors that give dry mouth, I find my body can overcome it at a dose of 0.5 mg or less.
What's funny is even when I took higher doses of cypro I didn't get the dry mouth.

But one drop topically of metrogoline (sp?) gave me horrible dry mouth for THREE days. Never touched it again after that.

I wish I could still use cypro, after a long break I tried a single topical drop & the next day my blood sugar dropped horrendously right after multiple meals.

It hadn't dropped that bad in over a month so I'd be shocked if it wasn't correlated.

Maybe I can cut the dose of famotidine down & find a sweet spot. Although I was only taking the 10mg tablet.

InChristAlone

I noticed benefits from even 3-4 mg of famotidine just hard to dose it like that all the time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals