My dry mouth and white tongue problems go away after driving for long hours, what could be the cause?

I've noticed that when I drive back home from college, my dry mouth goes away the next day and stays away for a couple of days. And then when I drive back to college, it goes away again for a couple of days. I've posted here a couple of times about how I have a dry mouth 95% of the time and it sometimes goes away for a couple of days. I thought it was connected to the foods I eat but I come to find it that isn't the case. I'm not sure if it's connected to the air I breathe because I'm outside when I'm driving or the amount of sun I get. My vitamin D levels are all good though. Could it be my eyes moving a lot more or that I am in a relaxed state when I'm driving? I've also noticed that my mouth is moist sometimes for an hour after a warm shower. I can also have a blocked nose but a moist mouth at the same time. Does anyone know the cause?

TheSir

open, but it's almost always open,
Increased salivation would typically point to increased parasympathetic activation (relaxation), and the anti-bacterial action of saliva in turn would keep your tongue clean. See if you can replicate the effect by simply relaxing throughout the day in the same way you would relax while driving. Maintaining maximally relaxed body overall is one of the best things you can do for your general health and wellbeing, so it's worth doing it even if it doesn't turn out to be the solution.

OP
J
Increased salivation would typically point to increased parasympathetic activation (relaxation), and the anti-bacterial action of saliva in turn would keep your tongue clean. See if you can replicate the effect by simply relaxing throughout the day in the same way you would relax while driving. Maintaining maximally relaxed body overall is one of the best things you can do for your general health and wellbeing, so it's worth doing it even if it doesn't turn out to be the solution.
Good idea, I'm trying to get into meditation so I'll definitely be more relaxed.

Rafe

The change of scenery is stimulating, the outdoor air & sun also.

The classrooms in old campus buildings are notorious for the bad indoor air, dormitory crowding, windowless rooms & uncomfortable seating, screen time, culture of conformity, & stress.

It’s no wonder you feel better when you hit the road.

Sexypizza

huh that's weird, I have a similar issue. I got white tongue in 2020 and 2021 I got really bad dry mouth. Both are nearly gone now but sometimes still flair up. The carrot salad keeps the white tongue away but if I stop eating it, it comes back.

Here is the weird thing, in my case the dry mouth seems to happen more often if Im outside, especially in the sun idk why. but doesn't always happen now. I think its also connected to some foods I eat. Especially the type of salt I use. I changed the brand of salt that I used and it went away for months but later came back but in a more mild way.

FoodForeal

If you drive far from cell signals and just the city in general your body would be less stressed by non-ionizing radiation.

Edit: I found this pdf giving a good overview of the original ambient background emf spectrum of earth compared to the emf spectrum of the average home and city environments today.

"
Average ambient radiofrequency (RF) power density levels have increased in urban areas by 1,000,000,000,000-fold. In a wLAN (WiFi) equipped school classroom with 2 Access Points and 20 laptops the average power density is in the order of 10 to 100 microwatts per square metre.

Commonly found peak power densities in both urban areas in the UK and in WiFi classrooms are now in the range 1 to 100 milliwatts per square metre, which represents a 100,000,000,000,000,000 - fold (1017 –fold) increase in exposure over the last 100 years and a million-fold increase in the last 30 years.

Note that the total energy levels are almost the same as very bright sunlight that would cause sunburn and ionising radiation that could damage cells. Individual photons have much less energy but people are being daily hit by billions more of these less energetic photons.

Based on energy considerations, the annual absorbed dose from natural background radiations is about 2 mGy which involves a transfer of 2 mJ kg-1 to tissue. The current ICNIRP mobile phone SAR is 2 W kg-1 this amounts to a total energy transfer of 2000 mJ kg-1 per second (=2 J kg-1 s -1 ), albeit from photons with quite low individual energies. We believe that the possible long-term effects of this massive influx of photon/electron energy on a person's well-being cannot readily be discounted.
"

Non ionizing radiation can unravel DNA (some studies have indicated mammal DNA unraveling at 2.4 Ghz, wifi frequency), can open ion channels that aren't supposed to open, and various other similar things which operate on structures that are on a similar length to the wavelength of the radiation causing them to act as antennas capable of absorbing the radiation thereby increasing the energy level of the structure, possibly destroying it or causing it to act incorrectly.

Last edited:

HeyThere

Stress causes dry mouth.

Also, "letting go" totally raises Nitric Oxide which gets everything flowing nicely all throughout the body. Focusing outwards rather than inwards causes a whole change in the mind and body and = relaxation and flow. This is why they say pets are good for you, etc.