Cyproheptadine killed my hot flashes

messtafarian

I decided to order the somewhat inscrutable " apetamin" from Amazon to see if it would help me with what were becoming outrageous hot flashes. Instead of menopause I was starting to think it had something to do with digestion ( carcinoid, dumping syndrome, reactive hypoglycemia/pots) -- or at least it was a decent theory.

First day, I took about 2.5 mg. Keep in mind that this is a kid's syrup and has a bunch of b vitamins in it and l-ysine (for unknown reasons)so I am not exactly sure how much cypro is in 2.5 mg. I thought I felt a little better, but I wasn't sure. I took another 2.5 at bedtime and slept for 12 hours, just slightly waking a couple of times due to overheating.

That went on for a couple of days -- I'd say three -- and today I noticed...absolutely no flashes, or night sweats, at all. This going from abject misery at least seven times a day to..nothing. Not one time.

I am obviously very sick and I'm not sure with what yet -- thinking it's probably a gut or brain problem, maybe a bad one. I am still not feeling well at all and my appetite is not good. My stomach is absolutely rejecting starches, even the safest ones. But I'm keeping everything down and it's going through me, so I guess that's a good sign. Tremors, weird neurological twitches, vertigo. But I have to tell you, the relief from the heat has been...a miracle. I have never been happier with an Amazon purchase in my whole life :).

I am really wondering what such a low dose of cyproheptadine fixed, and so fast.

BingDing

Congrats on finding a source of cypro and the good result. Haidut has posted lots about all the good things cypro does, there probably isn't any one thing that can be specified. I've had good results with very low doses, too, like sleeping better and better appetite.

bradley

The description on Amazon is priceless:

Sweet Gain Weigh Fast Enhances Butt
Increase Butt
Skinny People Gain Weight

tara

Do you mean you took 2.5 mg of syrup (in which case I'm impressed by your measurement skills) and don't know how much cypro is in that?
Or you took the amount that the label said contained 2.5 mg cyproheptadine?

InChristAlone

Cyproheptadine works fast! Even at doses of .5 mg and under! That is so great you got relief form the hot flashes. I also have trouble with them at times, I am thinking it could also be a histamine/cortisol issue and it is great at lowering cortisol. What made you try the apetamin? I posted about it a couple weeks ago, but I said it looked pretty pricey as compared to buying the tablets from all day chemist.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals