Benadryl Warning

Kray

Nothing, I sleep like ***t, but most times its alcohol abuse and withdrawal
I hear you- I know how hard it is to sleep with what I am going through. I really wish you the best in overcoming your sleep issues.

Frankdee20

I hear you- I know how hard it is to sleep with what I am going through. I really wish you the best in overcoming your sleep issues.
I’ll be six feet permanently asleep one day lol, thanks

DaveFoster

Doxylamine succinate has a heightened side effect profile compared with that of diphenhydramine.

Frankdee20

Doxylamine succinate has a heightened side effect profile compared with that of diphenhydramine.
It’s a strong blocker of acetylcholine. Makes me feel dumb when I take too much

Kray

It’s a strong blocker of acetylcholine. Makes me feel dumb when I take too much
That is the definitive answer for Benadryl's effect- DUMB. Why I can't take it orally. Over time even the topical Benadryl spray has that effect on me. No bueno.

Frankdee20

That is the definitive answer for Benadryl's effect- DUMB. Why I can't take it orally. Over time even the topical Benadryl spray has that effect on me. No bueno.
Benedryl effects different receptors at different doses

DaveFoster

Thank you Dave. I'll stick with topical Benadryl. And thank you for the reminder- 1 Cor 10:13 🙏
No problem. Let me know if I can help with anything.

TucsonJJ

Caution is needed for Diphenhydramine/Benadryl, as with any medication. Two hundred mg (200 mg) is too large a dose, probably for any person as a single dose. 25 mg of Benadryl is often an effective amount, and is a common amount in OTC preparations, though 50 mg capsules/tablets are seen. My experience is very small FRACTIONS of the twenty-five (25) mg dose of diphenhydramine can have histamine-lowering or adrenaline-lowering benefits.

High multiples of usual pharma doses are potentially hazardous. An similarly large dose (say, forty mg) of cyproheptadine/Periactin would be likely also cause problems. Again, pharmaceuticals, including diphenhydramine, always have possible side effects. Pharmaceutical margins of safety are usually smaller than for nutrients. It is preferable to search for minimum effective doses especially with pharmaceuticals.
What do you think of Chlorpheniramine? Better? Safer? I've been taking for a while... really like it, no side effects, 2-4mg 2X/day.

TucsonJJ

It is often the only thing that helps me sleep. I take 1/2 of a 25mg tablet.
have you tried chlorpheniramine? Works great for me at 2mg-4mg. I have not had much feedback here on it... with regards to serotonin activity (I doubt it does much at low dose)... or dementia risk (ditto).

TucsonJJ

“For example, a long-term follow-up study showed that people who took an anticholinergic medication every day for more than 3 years had a significantly higher risk of developing dementia compared to people who did not take them at all. However, the study did not report on individual medications like Benadryl.
A short-term follow-up study found that people taking anticholinergic medications had signs of brain shrinkage on MRI scans. They also scored lower on mental tests compared to people not taking the medications. These findings point to dementia but don’t necessarily mean that the affected people had dementia. The study also didn’t determine which specific medications (such as Benadryl) were linked to the MRI results and test scores.“

I wonder if methylene blue would mitigate those effects? Dinkov and mercola seem to think MB is awesome against dementia... preventive or solving current disease...

TucsonJJ

Here is a list of them….

“US Brand Name

Akineton
Artane
Bentyl
Cantil
Cogentin
Colidrops Pediatric
Cystospaz
Detrol
Ditropan
Ed-Spaz
Enablex
HyoMax
HyoMax-DT
HyoMax-FT
HyoMax-SR
Hyosyne
IB-Stat
Levsinex
Neosol
Norflex
Nulev
Oscimin
Oscimin-SR
Oxytrol
Pamine
Pro-Banthine
Pro-Hyo
Robinul
Sanctura
Scopodex
Spacol TS
Spasdel
Symax
Symax Duotab
Symmetrel
Toviaz
Transderm Scop
Urispas
Vesicare
Canadian Brand Name

Buscopan
Levsin
Pms-Trihexyphenidyl
Transderm-V”

Odd to not see benadryl or chlorpheniramine on that list... no?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals