My mouth is dry 95% of the time and I have no idea why. These are the things I have tried. Let me know what I can try next.

OP
J
I am a Chinese Medicine Practitioner. Your tongue shows exactly what’s happening. See first pic: puffy, pale, thick coat: your digestion is not transforming well, so you have a condition of dampness collecting. This prevents adequate fluid absorption. Second pic: pink, less puffy, less coat. Your body is transforming better now. Something you’re doing or not doing is decreasing dampness. Actually your second pic shows the coat is now too gone in some parts which is showing what we call underlying yin deficiency.
In general you may be eating a little too much bread for your digestion too handle. Or maybe not enough sleep. Etc. You can try to increase digestive fire at times of first pic tongue. A little ginger tea with meals see how you feel. You could try a probiotic with s bolulardii. The other suggestion is to visit an acupuncturist/ herbalist and take these pics. They can give you very helpful herbs.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will stop eating bread for a couple of days and see what that will do. And yes, I barely get enough sleep and wake up at least 5 times every night.

OP
J
Hello, I have had the same issue for the last couple years. I think bad digestion/reflux is causing my dry mouth/terrible taste in mouth. I recently started taking new probiotics, prebiotics, and an enzyme with every meal and it is helping my issue A LOT. I have tried every remedy over the last couple years and am finally getting some relief with these supps. I am also using this new vitamin cream twice daily. It has B12, B6, P5P, M-MTHF, and D.
The thing is, I know I have a digestive problem but probiotics haven't helped me and I also took the NOW Foods brand enzymes and Zypan brand enzymes. These did nothing for me. My GI doctor said I have a food intolerance but we don't know to what exactly. I'll be doing a food sensitivity test to find out.

Hans

Forum Supporter
According to my recent bloodwork, the electrolytes are in normal range, b12 and folic acid are in range, Vitamin D and Iron are in range. I've been to multiple doctors and dentists and none of them care enough to try to diagnose it.

My diet:
Morning - 3 eggs with spinach and a slice of whole grain bread, peanut butter with a slice of bread or cream of wheat with water and dark chocolate.
Lunch - Chickpeas with chicken and a slice of bread.
Dinner - Salmon with 2 slices of bread and ketchup with baked potatoes.
Sometimes over the week I will have ground beef and yogurt.

Things that I have tried that didn't work:
- Drink 8 glasses of water
- Take vitamins b2, b3, b6, folic acid, b12
- Take a Zinc supplement
- Take vitamin D
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Drink electrolyte drinks
- Mouthwash

Once a month, I would start salivating randomly and my tongue would become pink again and I'd be super happy. This would go on for 2-3 days, and then dry mouth comes back and stays for weeks.

View attachment 32971
My tongue 95% of the time - bad breath and dry mouth
View attachment 32972
My tongue when it's salivating for 2-3 days once a month - No bad breath
Histamine and acetylcholine promote the secretion of bodily fluids. That's why anti-histamines and anti-cholinergics can cause dry mouth.
If copper is too high, and copper to zinc ratio, you'll be breaking histamine down too fast. Too much activation of the sympathetic nervous system, as opposed to the parasympathetic nervous system, can also cause dry mouth.
Maybe eliminate high copper foods and eat more beef more frequently.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
The thing is, I know I have a digestive problem but probiotics haven't helped me and I also took the NOW Foods brand enzymes and Zypan brand enzymes. These did nothing for me. My GI doctor said I have a food intolerance but we don't know to what exactly. I'll be doing a food sensitivity test to find out.
Great idea to do a food sensitivities test. I have found the ALCAT test to be the most comprehensive. Also, the enzymes did not work for me until I started emptying the capsule into water and drinking with every meal. It’s possible that I have a sensitivity to the gelatin capsules. Best of luck. I know how frustrating it can be!

golder

Great idea to do a food sensitivities test. I have found the ALCAT test to be the most comprehensive. Also, the enzymes did not work for me until I started emptying the capsule into water and drinking with every meal. It’s possible that I have a sensitivity to the gelatin capsules. Best of luck. I know how frustrating it can be!
Interested in the ALCAT test. Is that generally considered the most thorough/reliable/comprehensive test here for doet, allergies and intolerances? Wanted to check before I spent the rather large amount of money on it.

LLight

You might want to try betaine (anhydrous, not HCL) supplementation.

OP
J
Histamine and acetylcholine promote the secretion of bodily fluids. That's why anti-histamines and anti-cholinergics can cause dry mouth.
If copper is too high, and copper to zinc ratio, you'll be breaking histamine down too fast. Too much activation of the sympathetic nervous system, as opposed to the parasympathetic nervous system, can also cause dry mouth.
Maybe eliminate high copper foods and eat more beef more frequently.
Thanks for the suggestion, my diet is definitely high in copper. I will try eating some beef everyday.

your tongue is scalloped and that can mean you are hypothyroid. also , i would suspect you have mal absorption issues - could be the gluten in the bread. also you could be have MTHFR which means no folic acid and only methyl b12. you have candida on your tongue ( iodine helps that ) ( bread does not ) and your tongue is cracked in the middle so you have colon issues .

dlind70

Eat beef and hamburger. Saliva is related to the spleen pancreas meridian and there's research to say beef if not used in excess will promote salvation and engage the spleen pancreas and also any food that promotes salvation is good such as hot foods. cayenne pepper would be ideal, cayenne pepper tacos something like that.

OP
J
Eat beef and hamburger. Saliva is related to the spleen pancreas meridian and there's research to say beef if not used in excess will promote salvation and engage the spleen pancreas and also any food that promotes salvation is good such as hot foods. cayenne pepper would be ideal, cayenne pepper tacos something like that.
I have been eating ground beef everyday for the past 2 weeks now but no change at all.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
I started taking enzymes with every meal and my reflux/dry mouth is A LOT better. I take 1 when I start the meal and 1 halfway through the meal. I am also chewing a DGL chewable a couple times a day, to coat esophagus and help with digestion. And I drink lemon water with 1-2 meals a day, to provide HCL.

Attachments

• 92834131-86F6-4969-9B85-FF6B4E74A8A8.png
    92834131-86F6-4969-9B85-FF6B4E74A8A8.png
    324.1 KB · Views: 12

golder

I started taking enzymes with every meal and my reflux/dry mouth is A LOT better. I take 1 when I start the meal and 1 halfway through the meal. I am also chewing a DGL chewable a couple times a day, to coat esophagus and help with digestion. And I drink lemon water with 1-2 meals a day, to provide HCL.
DGL?

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
The triosmart SIBO test is most comprehensive. Also, I tested negative on the breath test, blood test and a different stool test, for H Pylori and then tested postive on the GI Map stool test, for Hp. I’ve since been told that the GI Map test is most comprehensive test for H Pylori.

vetiver

Surprising no one has mentioned that this might be a structural issue not nutritional. I would do a sleep study to check for sleep apnea, even if you do not snore.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals