My mouth is dry 95% of the time and I have no idea why. These are the things I have tried. Let me know what I can try next.

According to my recent bloodwork, the electrolytes are in normal range, b12 and folic acid are in range, Vitamin D and Iron are in range. I've been to multiple doctors and dentists and none of them care enough to try to diagnose it.

My diet:
Morning - 3 eggs with spinach and a slice of whole grain bread, peanut butter with a slice of bread or cream of wheat with water and dark chocolate.
Lunch - Chickpeas with chicken and a slice of bread.
Dinner - Salmon with 2 slices of bread and ketchup with baked potatoes.
Sometimes over the week I will have ground beef and yogurt.

Things that I have tried that didn't work:
- Drink 8 glasses of water
- Take vitamins b2, b3, b6, folic acid, b12
- Take a Zinc supplement
- Take vitamin D
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Drink electrolyte drinks
- Mouthwash

Once a month, I would start salivating randomly and my tongue would become pink again and I'd be super happy. This would go on for 2-3 days, and then dry mouth comes back and stays for weeks.

IMG_5995.jpg

My tongue 95% of the time - bad breath and dry mouth
IMG_5933.jpg

My tongue when it's salivating for 2-3 days once a month - No bad breath

Last edited:

redsun

According to my recent bloodwork, the electrolytes are in normal range, b12 and folic acid are in range, Vitamin D and Iron are in range. I've been to multiple doctors and dentists and none of them care enough to try to diagnose it.

My diet:
Morning - 3 eggs with spinach and a slice of whole grain bread, peanut butter with a slice of bread or cream of wheat with water and dark chocolate.

- Take vitamin D
- Mouthwash

Once a month, I would start salivating randomly and my tongue would become pink again and I'd be super happy. This would go on for 2-3 days, and then dry mouth comes back and stays for weeks.

View attachment 32971
View attachment 32972

This diet is quite low in zinc, which is necessary to increase muscarinic receptor density, which is the acetylcholine receptor type mainly responsible for secretions from glands in the body, including salivary glands.

You need to consume more red meat like beef. Also chicken thigh, drumsticks have more zinc than chicken breast. Pork is also decent for zinc. Oysters would be good to consume every once in a while as they are very high in zinc.

For now you can take a zinc supplement to see if it improves and if it does than you need to adjust your diet so it provides more zinc.

OP
J
This diet is quite low in zinc, which is necessary to increase muscarinic receptor density, which is the acetylcholine receptor type mainly responsible for secretions from glands in the body, including salivary glands.

You need to consume more red meat like beef. Also chicken thigh, drumsticks have more zinc than chicken breast. Pork is also decent for zinc. Oysters would be good to consume every once in a while as they are very high in zinc.

For now you can take a zinc supplement to see if it improves and if it does than you need to adjust your diet so it provides more zinc.
I forgot to mention, I do eat ground beef around 3 times a week and take a zinc supplement. From searching around the internet, my guess is that my diet might be too high in carbs or have a thiamine deficiency.

OP
J
My recent bloodwork says that my calcium levels are normal. But thanks for trying.

redsun

My recent bloodwork says that my calcium levels are normal. But thanks for trying.
Calcium in blood means nothing since the body will always maintain serum levels. If you do not consume bioavailable calcium from something like dairy for long periods of time you will get calcium deficiency.

OP
J
Calcium in blood means nothing since the body will always maintain serum levels. If you do not consume bioavailable calcium from something like dairy for long periods of time you will get calcium deficiency.
I would eat greek yogurt everyday but I stopped eating dairy for the past 3 weeks to see if it would fix my dry mouth.

Gânico

I suffered from the same thing my whole life, my advice may sound wrong, but that's how i fixed it.

Your dry mouth and some dehydration symptons might be caused by the water you are drinking.

Switch water for fruit juices and milk for a while and see what happens.

OP
J
I suffered from the same thing my whole life, my advice may sound wrong, but that's how i fixed it.

Your dry mouth and some dehydration symptons might be caused by the water you are drinking.

Switch water for fruit juices and milk for a while and see what happens.
I will definitely try that out. Thanks for the suggestion!

𝙁𝙧𝙪𝙞𝙩~𝙩𝙚𝙚

Forum Supporter

- Take a Zinc supplement
- Take vitamin D
- Mouthwash

View attachment 32971
View attachment 32972
Maybe it’s the bromine in your bread consumption displacing iodine? You can try less bread and more oysters, shrimp, crab, etc to see if that helps.

“Bromine has been shown to displace iodine in the body. Animal models indicate that bromine ingestion decreases iodide accumulation in the thyroid and skin and in the mammary glands in lactating rats. Additionally, bromide increases iodide excretion by the kidneys, which can influence the pool of iodide in the thyroid.”

“One of the most common signs of an iodine deficiency is dry mouth. Iodine is stored in the salivary glands, and without enough of the mineral, your body has difficulty producing adequate saliva to keep your mouth clean, healthy, and smelling fresh.”

Last edited:
thiamine is easy to take and has few or no side effects. I'd probably take 1000mg of thiamine HCl in divided doses over a few weeks, plus some niacinamide and B6 P5P and biotin. Sometimes this fixes weird stuff.

Lilac

I suggest reading through this big thread. A lot of people reported good results from Dr. Ellie's program. Myself, I tried it just as a way to avoid dentists (and I have). But the program solved what I had always thought was a mechanical issue with my mouth due to crowding. I now think the main problem was a biome issue, which no doubt involved hypothyroidism.

babz

My diet:

- Take a Zinc supplement
- Take vitamin D
- Mouthwash

View attachment 32971
View attachment 32972

My diet:

- Take a Zinc supplement
- Take vitamin D
- Mouthwash

View attachment 32971
View attachment 32972
I am a Chinese Medicine Practitioner. Your tongue shows exactly what’s happening. See first pic: puffy, pale, thick coat: your digestion is not transforming well, so you have a condition of dampness collecting. This prevents adequate fluid absorption. Second pic: pink, less puffy, less coat. Your body is transforming better now. Something you’re doing or not doing is decreasing dampness. Actually your second pic shows the coat is now too gone in some parts which is showing what we call underlying yin deficiency.
In general you may be eating a little too much bread for your digestion too handle. Or maybe not enough sleep. Etc. You can try to increase digestive fire at times of first pic tongue. A little ginger tea with meals see how you feel. You could try a probiotic with s bolulardii. The other suggestion is to visit an acupuncturist/ herbalist and take these pics. They can give you very helpful herbs.

Jkbp

Forum Supporter
Hello, I have had the same issue for the last couple years. I think bad digestion/reflux is causing my dry mouth/terrible taste in mouth. I recently started taking new probiotics, prebiotics, and an enzyme with every meal and it is helping my issue A LOT. I have tried every remedy over the last couple years and am finally getting some relief with these supps. I am also using this new vitamin cream twice daily. It has B12, B6, P5P, M-MTHF, and D.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 28
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 30
OP
J
thiamine is easy to take and has few or no side effects. I'd probably take 1000mg of thiamine HCl in divided doses over a few weeks, plus some niacinamide and B6 P5P and biotin. Sometimes this fixes weird stuff.
Yeah I took vitamin B2, B3, and B6, and then all of a sudden my ears stopped making so much wax. My nose became less oiler and my lips stopped getting super dry. It does fix a lot of weird stuff.

OP
J
Maybe it’s the bromine in your bread consumption displacing iodine? You can try less bread and more oysters, shrimp, crab, etc to see if that helps.

“Bromine has been shown to displace iodine in the body. Animal models indicate that bromine ingestion decreases iodide accumulation in the thyroid and skin and in the mammary glands in lactating rats. Additionally, bromide increases iodide excretion by the kidneys, which can influence the pool of iodide in the thyroid.”

“One of the most common signs of an iodine deficiency is dry mouth. Iodine is stored in the salivary glands, and without enough of the mineral, your body has difficulty producing adequate saliva to keep your mouth clean, healthy, and smelling fresh.”
Thanks for pointing that out. I will stop eating bread for a couple of days and see what happens.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals