My mouth is dry 95% of the time and I have no idea why. These are the things I have tried. Let me know what I can try next.

A.R

According to my recent bloodwork, the electrolytes are in normal range, b12 and folic acid are in range, Vitamin D and Iron are in range. I've been to multiple doctors and dentists and none of them care enough to try to diagnose it.

My diet:
Morning - 3 eggs with spinach and a slice of whole grain bread, peanut butter with a slice of bread or cream of wheat with water and dark chocolate.
Lunch - Chickpeas with chicken and a slice of bread.
Dinner - Salmon with 2 slices of bread and ketchup with baked potatoes.
Sometimes over the week I will have ground beef and yogurt.

Things that I have tried that didn't work:
- Drink 8 glasses of water
- Take vitamins b2, b3, b6, folic acid, b12
- Take a Zinc supplement
- Take vitamin D
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Drink electrolyte drinks
- Mouthwash

Once a month, I would start salivating randomly and my tongue would become pink again and I'd be super happy. This would go on for 2-3 days, and then dry mouth comes back and stays for weeks.

View attachment 32971
My tongue 95% of the time - bad breath and dry mouth
View attachment 32972
My tongue when it's salivating for 2-3 days once a month - No bad breath
Hey there.

You might want to give these a read to better understand the problems you are suffering.

“Undigested food particles that reach the colon can contribute to SIBO, SIFO (small intestinal fungal overgrowth) and gut dysbiosis. This leads to oxidative stress, a drop in intestinal energy levels (and intestinal integrity), slow transit time, inflammation, and heaps of problems.”

“Once you’re in the hole of gut issues, which inhibits proper thyroid function, then digestion, absorption and transit time are further impaired, leading to even more issues.”

Last edited:

A.R

Also have a read through these

peter88

I suffered from the same thing my whole life, my advice may sound wrong, but that's how i fixed it.

Your dry mouth and some dehydration symptons might be caused by the water you are drinking.

Switch water for fruit juices and milk for a while and see what happens.
Seems to be the case for myself too. I was drinking a lot of carbonated mineral waters which now I realize was affecting my sleep and giving me a dry mouth. Seems to neutralize stomach acid too.

mattmm24

According to my recent bloodwork, the electrolytes are in normal range, b12 and folic acid are in range, Vitamin D and Iron are in range. I've been to multiple doctors and dentists and none of them care enough to try to diagnose it.

My diet:
Morning - 3 eggs with spinach and a slice of whole grain bread, peanut butter with a slice of bread or cream of wheat with water and dark chocolate.
Lunch - Chickpeas with chicken and a slice of bread.
Dinner - Salmon with 2 slices of bread and ketchup with baked potatoes.
Sometimes over the week I will have ground beef and yogurt.

Things that I have tried that didn't work:
- Drink 8 glasses of water
- Take vitamins b2, b3, b6, folic acid, b12
- Take a Zinc supplement
- Take vitamin D
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables
- Drink electrolyte drinks
- Mouthwash

Once a month, I would start salivating randomly and my tongue would become pink again and I'd be super happy. This would go on for 2-3 days, and then dry mouth comes back and stays for weeks.

View attachment 32971
My tongue 95% of the time - bad breath and dry mouth
View attachment 32972
My tongue when it's salivating for 2-3 days once a month - No bad breath
How is your breathing? Do you mouth breath at night? Nasal breathing is the easiest fix.

webbt

Your toothbrush may be infected. Stop brushing your teeth and rinse with xylitol instead. Also buy an electric wand mixer and aerate your drinking water for at least a minute. This will make it more hydrating. Add a small sprinkle of xylitol to your water because the hand mixer and water vessel may harbor bad bacteria. You can also try rinsing your mouth with live active baker's yeast and swallow if you want. Also xylitol can be swallowed--start low.

From what I see you don't eat many vegetables. Try adding in some raw vegetable. particularly raw broccoli. Sugar snap peas are good if you don't like raw vegetables.

Last edited: