Complicated case, low b12 & folic acid, low T & shbg, mood disorder, low energy & inflammations

34yo Male
178cm 73Kg 15%BF

History:
xChronic inflamations (esophagitis, gastritis,anal eczema,scrotum eczema,sinus pain, seborric eczem, geographical tongue)
xChronic episodes of tinitus
xExtrem deviated septum (which led to the fact that i only evolved one maxillary sinus)
xCold hands and feets
xDepression & anxiety
xLow energy
xMemory & attention problems
xLow androgens (Testosterone: 200-300)

Meds i take:
x on and off ppi (if gerd symptoms make probs) - esomeprazol 20mg
x 2x 10mg Propranolol

My symptoms lead me to an self prescribed TRT (5 years with an break in between to become father) which i quited after developing CSCR and secondary CNV after a PDT threatment.

Im off the juice now since February 2021.
The values and the feelings are back to the prior TRT status

The CNV was threated sucessfully with 2 shots of Eylea and seems stable since.
My central vision is still good, i can read perfectly but lines are wavy on the affected eye.
CSCR has not been active again, even i have been told its a genetic thing & it affects both eyes.

I take Propranolol because i read that it seems effective in threating CSCR, and therefore i hope its also effective in protecting CSCR.
Dosage was 2x20mg daily but I cut it back and now take 2x10mg.

Even TRT was not was not that kind of an improvement i hoped, i feel much worser again mentaly since i jumped off of it.
Very low sex drive and energy, very fragile mood, big mood swings.

I made also nose septum correction because i was hoping better nose breathing functionality decrease my panic and anxiety. Which did not happen

I made lab tests for b12 & folic acid (b6 was not available) because i read stuff about people who started to take b vitamins and their eczemas disapeared & testosteron, shbg + albumin and the results have been not good:

B12: 282 pg/ml (Range 180-914
Folic acid: 4,5ng/ml (Range 5.9-25)
T:2,39 ng/ml
SHBG:19 nmol/L
FT:5,9ng/dl

My alcohol consum was very high periodicaly, i had weeks where i had to drink to get through the day.

I will cut back the alcohol, try to get my 8hrs of sleep, start again with going regulary to the gym, cut out sugar, wheat and possible food toxins and started with the following supplements:

400mg Magnesium
25mg Zink
500mcg b12 (
400mcg folic acid
10mg b6 (p5p)
5000 Units D3

I will retest again in 8 weeks including cortisol, prolactine, lh & fsh
Maybe adding some Ashwaghanda or Fenugreek if cortisol is high and testosterone levels are still that bad.

Whats your opinion on my case?

Is it a mental problem?
Can it be MTHFR?

Is the amount of b vitamins okay or am i on the path to overdo it?

Can strengthen the vagus nerve help?

MeScony

In reality there is much more details needed to properly asses your particular needs. However, there are some things you could do now to help your situation. Irregardless of what particular "allopathic disease " you may have the first step will be to lower the toxin burden and offer (All) nutrients to the cells. The best way to lower the toxic burden is to FAST! And second is to sweat, by any means possible. The best way to add all nutrients to your diet while fasting is to drink them. Use Dr. Tennants "restore" pro formula! Drink one half dose in the AM and the other in the PM. This keeps insulin from spiking and offers the nutrients slowly to your system for better uptake. Again, this is all the nutrients, in the best form, for proper assimilation. You will definately have a tough time when starting but that's just the toxins and or organisms reacting to your new environment. Try to fast with the RESTORE only, for up to 3 days. If you must eat: take your pulse before the meal and after the meal, if your pulse rate goes up more than 10 bpm then you are reacting negatively to that meal, find foods which do not increase your pulse rate more than 10 bpm! Or don't eat!! When you can fast for 4 days reassess your condition! You will have some positive changes and root cause issues will be much simpler to address!

slowin

Hi man,
Did you feel like this even when you were in your early 20’s ??

You need to also test pregnenolone, DHEA, thyroid and cholesterol.

B vitamins dose are fine

PeskyPeater

This is yet another list of all kind of things going on.

pls Can you formulate your issue and your question in one sentence?

OP
B
This is yet another list of all kind of things going on.

pls Can you formulate your issue and your question in one sentence?
Why is my folic acid so much down?

I had heavy drinking periods in the past, but all my longterm alcohol blood markers are good.
I know this because im on trial on my driving license and have to regularly get this alcohol labs done.

Does this point to MTHR?

Am i on the right path with the supplementation of 500mcg methycobamin, 400mcg Methyfolate? & 10mg P5P.

Or is it too much?

Also can a defency in b vitamins be the reason for such bad hormonsl values?

PeskyPeater

Why is my folic acid so much down?

I had heavy drinking periods in the past, but all my longterm alcohol blood markers are good.
I know this because im on trial on my driving license and have to regularly get this alcohol labs done.

Does this point to MTHR?

Am i on the right path with the supplementation of 500mcg methycobamin, 400mcg Methyfolate? & 10mg P5P.

Or is it too much?

Also can a defency in b vitamins be the reason for such bad hormonsl values?
Dr peat said: methylation stabilizes and protects cells when growth and regeneration aren't possible (and that it's likely to increase when CO2 isn't available)

Instead of adding methyldonors. You may focus on improving CO2, with bag breathing, curcumin extract. and thiamine supports CO2
alcoholism can cause malabsorption of B-vitamins, decreased uptake by the liver and increased excretion of folic acid. next to low thiamine, biotin is also not well absorbed from food by alcohol. then raw eggs should be avoided. cooked eggs and liver and oysters help get b vitamins and copper and zinc. Dont use supplemental zinc longer than a month, it is disruptive.

excessive alcohol use damages the gut wall vili for a reduced absorption of food. And alcohol increases the gut permeability, making it leaky that lets endotoxins get into the system and can damage liver function. Aspirin caffeine progesterone and pregnenolon are all good for the liver, thyroid helps to repair liver cells.

it is much safer to improve steroidogenesis with the use of PEA palmitoylethanolamide. It helps to make hormones from cholesterol at the stAR steroidogenic acute regulatory protein and may restore desensitive or oversensitive expressions of stAR

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom