If Calcification Is The Root Of Hair Loss - How To Reverse It? (Magnesium , D, A, K2, Potassium)

Arrade

I'm positive I was Magnesium deficient during that period of time, even with supplementation my body can't seem to retain Magnesium properly, I was taking 200-400mg of Magnesium along with 5mg of MK4 and between 5 to 10k D3, at the same time I was drinking a lot of milk and probably getting close to 2500mg of Calcium a day.
I myself just bought a tub of mag flakes, as once a day transdermal oil probably isnt enough

That stack is what I would use for bones or jaw widening.

Decalcification of the Aortic Valve by Vitamin K2 (Menaquinone-7) - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

IF you want follow this protocol as it stopped my hairloss previously
Hair loss from DHT/Steroids? Think again...very interesting topic...

Elephanto

Maybe I'm a unique case, but attempting to solve calcification with Vitamin K, D and Boron only had the opposite effects on me, giving me horrible chest pains, increasing hair loss and making my teeth fragile and more vulnerable to decay.

IMO you have to use a stack that covers more factors because both Boron and K2 can have negative effects that can be dampen. Boron decreases SHBG, making more Testosterone available for Aromatase. When cortisol, serotonin and endotoxins are high, Aromatase is promoted. The larger stack and things like baking soda and coconut oil cover this. As for K2, it increases Nitric Oxide. Many of the supps in the stack I adviced inhibit Nitric Oxide (Magnesium, Zinc, Niacinamide, Vitamin A and all the anti-estrogens and anti-endotoxins). For reference the other ones are Selenized Yeast (no more than 80mcg), Taurine, Vitamin E, Molybdenum in cases of excess inorganic Copper (Cu being estrogenic), B1 & B2 for estrogen detoxification by the liver. The dose of Magnesium Citrate I used, based on a guide by someone who had complete regrowth was also much higher at 1-2g daily.

Maybe I'm a unique case, but attempting to solve calcification with Vitamin K, D and Boron only had the opposite effects on me, giving me horrible chest pains, increasing hair loss and making my teeth fragile and more vulnerable to decay.
This is not so strange at all.
It is dangerous to de-calcify the arteries when the Cardio Vascular system is weakened. Calcium buildup is a natural process that hardens veins and arteries to increase integrity of the CV system were also buildup of cholesterol plaque is seen. Then removing the calcium will make CV possibly so weak it can cause ruptures and maybe heart attack.
Therefore you need to first address the artherosclerosis and cholesterol or soft plaque, only then you should de-calcify systemically. And you can do this via Vitamin K1 which has an effect against artherosclerosis . [edit artherosclerosis arterio mixup]

Thus, oral supplements with K2 is a risk for cardiovascular failure and so K2 is best applied to the scalp itself topically. Via diet then supply food high in vitamin K, vit A and get sunshine for D.

When we look at what is food high in vit K1 we see almost the same stuff as on Peat's Calcium : Phosphorus list
See uploaded img
Peat food k2.jpg

Last edited:
I posted this yesterday in a reply adressed to you General, on page 10.

Correlation between serum parathyroid hormone levels and coronary artery calcification in patients without renal failure

Peat's quotes :

(Zinc is an inhibitor of IL-6 btw)

(I've mentioned several times how CO2 is a potent inhibitor of calcification)

Yeah, this looks like overcoming the calcium paradox with milk or cheese for proper Calcium : Fosfor ratio, so we have to keep calcium coming from the diet and also CO2 so we don't trigger PTH to much. right?

Arrade

This is not so strange at all.
It is dangerous to de-calcify the arteries when the Cardio Vascular system is weakened. Calcium buildup is a natural process that hardens veins and arteries to increase integrity of the CV system were also buildup of cholesterol plaque is seen. Then removing the calcium will make CV possibly so weak it can cause ruptures and maybe heart attack.
Therefore you need to first address the arteriosclerosis and cholesterol plaque, only then you should de-calcify systemically. And you can do this via Vitamin K1 which has an effect against arteriosclerosis.

Thus, oral supplements with K2 is a risk for cardiovascular failure and so K2 is best applied to the scalp itself topically. Via diet then supply food high in vitamin K, vit A and get sunshine for D.

When we look at what is food high in vit K1 we see almost the same stuff as on Peat's Calcium : Phosphorus list
See uploaded img
View attachment 10814
Basic Mechanisms in Atherosclerosis: The Role of Calcium. - PubMed - NCBI

Read this to be more up to date ^

Arterial calcification leads to stiffness in the vessel wall, reducing the ability of the vessel to be flexible. The vessel loses the facility to expand outward to accommodate blood flow — a flow that is moving through an already reduced diameter vessel because of calcified plaque build-up within the vessel.

As a result, the heart must work harder to push blood through the rigid, reduced-diameter vessel, which increases the risk of cardiovascular events. A study in patients with cardiovascular disease showed that the degree of aortic-valve calcification was inversely associated with event-free survival. In other words, severe calcification resulted in a poor patient prognosis.5”

Vitamin K1 primarily plays a role in blood coagulation, with a limited role in the regulation of calcium.

Menaquinones are classified according to the length of their side-chain, with menaquinone-4 (MK-4) and menaquinone-7 (MK-7) being the most important. MK-4, however, has the same short half-life as vitamin K1, one that is measured in just a few hours. MK-7, by contrast, has a half-life of several days, making it the optimal format for dietary supplementation

Vitamin K2 MK-7: prevention and treatment of arterial calcification

Arrade

Calcium isn’t protective of arteries and you could kill someone with that advice

Elephanto

Thus, oral supplements with K2 is a risk for cardiovascular failure[/ATTACH]

Vitamins K1 and K2: The Emerging Group of Vitamins Required for Human Health
Level II evidence supports vitamin K2 in prevention of coronary calcification and cardiovascular disease.

Deficiency of vitamin K2 has been linked with vascular calcification and osteoporosis [1].

Yeah, this looks like overcoming the calcium paradox with milk or cheese for proper Calcium : Fosfor ratio, so we have to keep calcium coming from the diet and also CO2 so we don't trigger PTH to much. right?
The Peat's quote mentions "deficient intake of Calcium OR Magnesium". In my opinion, an high Calcium intake isn't needed when the intake of Magnesium is high, the cofactors that keep Calcium in bones are present and Cortisol, IL-6, Estrogen and Serotonin are restricted. (the last 2 points also being true for an high Calcium intake, just other factors that help to further minimize Parathyroid Hormone secretion and calcification in general). CO2 also being an obvious factor.

significant inverse relationship between serum Mg and serum intact parathyroid hormone.
inverse relationship between serum Mg and vascular calcification
Relationship between serum magnesium, parathyroid hormone, and vascular calcification in patients on dialysis: a literature review. - PubMed - NCBI

@Arrade I know about the difference between cholesterol plaque and calcium phosphate. I dont think you understand my warning about decalcifying with K2. Basically you are ignoring Peats work hear that is preventative in cardiovascular diseases.

Arrade

@Arrade I know about the difference between cholesterol plaque and calcium phosphate. I dont think you understand my warning about decalcifying with K2. Basically you are ignoring Peats work hear that is preventative in cardiovascular diseases.
Mk7-11 is far better for arterial health.
The Rotterdam study included longer chains menaquinones that supported heart health, mk4’s impact isn’t comparable

Calcium isn’t protective of arteries and you could kill someone with that advice
Preventative medicine doctor can explain it:
"Vit K2 is a different chemical ( menaquinone) from K1 (Phylloquinone). Both are fat soluble. K1 is from leafy green vegetable sources, K2 is from meats, cheeses, eggs. Both are cofactors for gamma glutamyl enzymes. K1 is for coagulation, Clotting Factors VII, IX, and X. K2 is involved in bone and vascular tissue calcification. Large studies ( Nurses' Health Study and Health Professionals' Follow- Up Study ) showed minimal impact. But they did not differentiate K1 and K2. The Rotterdam Study showed protection with K2, and none with K1. I reviewed another study ( Atherosclerosis Jl 2009 VOL 203, ISSUE 2 PP 489-493). Authors Buelens et al. K1 was not protective. K2 appeared to be. But "protective" in this study means decreased calcification of the coronary artery. Calcified plaques are stable. In fact, the risk comes from soft plaque. Our goal is to find soft plaque and stabilize it. We know it has been stabilized by seeing increase in calcification."

Arrade

Preventative medicine doctor can explain it:
"Vit K2 is a different chemical ( menaquinone) from K1 (Phylloquinone). Both are fat soluble. K1 is from leafy green vegetable sources, K2 is from meats, cheeses, eggs. Both are cofactors for gamma glutamyl enzymes. K1 is for coagulation, Clotting Factors VII, IX, and X. K2 is involved in bone and vascular tissue calcification. Large studies ( Nurses' Health Study and Health Professionals' Follow- Up Study ) showed minimal impact. But they did not differentiate K1 and K2. The Rotterdam Study showed protection with K2, and none with K1. I reviewed another study ( Atherosclerosis Jl 2009 VOL 203, ISSUE 2 PP 489-493). Authors Buelens et al. K1 was not protective. K2 appeared to be. But "protective" in this study means decreased calcification of the coronary artery. Calcified plaques are stable. In fact, the risk comes from soft plaque. Our goal is to find soft plaque and stabilize it. We know it has been stabilized by seeing increase in calcification."

K1 would literally cause a blood clot which is the biggest worry with arteriosclerosis/atherosclerosis.

Vitamins K1 and K2: The Emerging Group of Vitamins Required for Human Health

The Peat's quote mentions "deficient intake of Calcium OR Magnesium". In my opinion, an high Calcium intake isn't needed when the intake of Magnesium is high, the cofactors that keep Calcium in bones are present and Cortisol, IL-6, Estrogen and Serotonin are restricted. (the last 2 points also being true for an high Calcium intake, just other factors that help to further minimize Parathyroid Hormone secretion and calcification in general). CO2 also being an obvious factor.

Relationship between serum magnesium, parathyroid hormone, and vascular calcification in patients on dialysis: a literature review. - PubMed - NCBI
ah, do you think people after the age of 25-35 that have ended skeletal growth should not need to drink milk or cheese for extra calcium and it actully can be more dangerous? so magesium is better after that age?

Hevel

IMO you have to use a stack that covers more factors because both Boron and K2 can have negative effects that can be dampen. Boron decreases SHBG, making more Testosterone available for Aromatase. When cortisol, serotonin and endotoxins are high, Aromatase is promoted. The larger stack and things like baking soda and coconut oil cover this. As for K2, it increases Nitric Oxide. Many of the supps in the stack I adviced inhibit Nitric Oxide (Magnesium, Zinc, Niacinamide, Vitamin A and all the anti-estrogens and anti-endotoxins). For reference the other ones are Selenized Yeast (no more than 80mcg), Taurine, Vitamin E, Molybdenum in cases of excess inorganic Copper (Cu being estrogenic), B1 & B2 for estrogen detoxification by the liver. The dose of Magnesium Citrate I used, based on a guide by someone who had complete regrowth was also much higher at 1-2g daily.

I was taking Taurine, B-complex, E, Zinc, Selenium and getting my Vitamin A from a weekly portion of Beef liver, it didn't help my hair much and didn't prevent the side effect I mentioned above, the only mineral I haven't experimented with is Molybdenum.

Almost 8 months later, the chest/heart pain will come back if I don't take enough Magnesium every day, the only form that is effective for me is Bisglycinate, Citrate/magnesium oil/Taurate/Chloride/Gluconate didn't offer any relief.

I'm still convinced calcification has to be solved in order to regrow new hair, a few years ago I stupidly tried overdosing on MSM(30g) and Biotin(30-50mg) instead of thickening the hair on my scalp I started growing hair on my arms, chest and all over my lower body, areas I barely had a single hair on before supplementing, this proved to me there is something that blocks the blood flow to the head, but I have no idea how to solve it.

Arrade

I was taking Taurine, B-complex, E, Zinc, Selenium and getting my Vitamin A from a weekly portion of Beef liver, it didn't help my hair much and didn't prevent the side effect I mentioned above, the only mineral I haven't experimented with is Molybdenum.

Almost 8 months later, the chest/heart pain will come back if I don't take enough Magnesium every day, the only form that is effective for me is Bisglycinate, Citrate/magnesium oil/Taurate/Chloride/Gluconate didn't offer any relief.

I'm still convinced calcification has to be solved in order to regrow new hair, a few years ago I stupidly tried overdosing on MSM(30g) and Biotin(30-50mg) instead of thickening the hair on my scalp I started growing hair on my arms, chest and all over my lower body, areas I barely had a single hair on before supplementing, this proved to me there is something that blocks the blood flow to the head, but I have no idea how to solve it.
Damn ***t on my theories.
B complex can’t be absorbed properly
No reason to believe your zinc deficient
E and selenium could bottom out estro, also no verified reason to take it

I’ll just shut up about Mk7, and I got the studies vastly supporting it over mk4 for heart health.

Literally being researched to decalcify the aortic valve

Please take 150 mg zinc which is 10x the RDA, all based on the premise that prolactin is bad for hair.

Last I checked it was hyperprolactemia, which no one has shown has it.
Give me eveidence normal prolactin levels cause aga

Elephanto

In an ideal state, it is protective by inhibiting Parathyroid Hormone. The danger may come when there is already a chronic loss of calcium from bones and uptake into cells from all the factors I've listed and high Endotoxins (didn't write it because it falls under Cortisol and Estrogen). Calcium intake alone won't prevent all these factors. Anyway for what it's worth, it was never needed in my regrowth and I've never seen positive testimonies regarding hair with Calcium supps, having spent a lot of time in the past looking for anything on the internet that had positive results from people with hair loss.

Bro did Zinc **** your girlfriend ? Prolactin reduction is far from its only mechanism, and your point about 10x RDA is false as absorption rate decreases in higher doses, sources of phytic acid (like wheat) and intestinal permeability also greatly decrease its absorption and I think it is often present in mpb. A proof would be low serum Zinc itself, being a protector of intestinal integrity. It also inhibits IL-6, Cortisol and Serotonin which are promoters of Parathyroid Hormone, a known major cause of calcification. It promotes HNF4-Alpha which itself is a promoter of SHBG, a marker that is significantly lower in mpb. It protects against liver damage, which is associated with chronic inflammation and dysfunctional detoxification of Estrogen and many toxins. It also increases IGFBP-3.

Try to remember this :
In all of the hair loss patients, the mean serum zinc was 84.33±22.88, significantly lower than the control group (97.94±21.05 µg/dl) (p=0.002), whereas the serum copper was 96.44±22.62, which was not significantly different (p=0.975). The analysis of each group showed that all groups of hair loss had statistically lower zinc concentration
A study was carried out with 30 health controls and 312 patients who were diagnosed with alopecia areata (AA), male pattern hair loss, female pattern hair loss and telogen effluvium (TE)
Analysis of Serum Zinc and Copper Concentrations in Hair Loss

Human scalp hair follicles are both a target and a source of prolactin, which serves as an autocrine and/or paracrine promoter of apoptosis-driven ... - PubMed - NCBI

@General Orange Maybe beneficial when there is osteoporosis. If you kept Parathyroid Hormone and calcium loss down with Magnesium and the other factors all your life, probably not. The Maasai tribe that is supposed to be an argument for Calcium/Dairy actually have an average life expectancy much lower than the rest of Africa.

Maasai live in Kenya and Tanzania. The life expectancy of a
male in Kenya is 46.5 years, according to the World Almanac.
It gets worse in Tanzania, where the average male is
expected to live just 43.85 years.
The average for Africa is 70 years old for males and 74 years old for women :
Life expectancy in Africa in 2018 | Statistic

@Hevel I've had bad experience regarding hairline regression with an high dairy intake, it might be putting a brake on progress from the supps. I explained the mechanisms in the previous page. Some B vitamins can also have a negative effect in high doses.

Last edited:

Hevel

@Hevel I've had bad experience regarding hairline regression with an high dairy intake, it might be putting a brake on progress from the supps. I explained the mechanisms in the previous page. Some B vitamins can also have a negative effect in high doses.

I dropped dairy completely 8 months ago, these days I only get minimal amounts of calcium from broccoli and mineral water, following Peat's eating guidelines all these years I realized too late that the high calcium-low magnesium diet isn't sustainable even with supplementation the cal:mag ratio was close to 5 to 1, this can't be good long term.

Damn ***t on my theories.
B complex can’t be absorbed properly
No reason to believe your zinc deficient
E and selenium could bottom out estro, also no verified reason to take it

I’ll just shut up about Mk7, and I got the studies vastly supporting it over mk4 for heart health.

Literally being researched to decalcify the aortic valve

Please take 150 mg zinc which is 10x the RDA, all based on the premise that prolactin is bad for hair.

Last I checked it was hyperprolactemia, which no one has shown has it.
Give me eveidence normal prolactin levels cause aga
I think you're right natural MK7 is better for you than synthetic MK4.
And normal prolactin raising and lowering is not bad for hair. Stronger chronic low prolactin is bad for libido.

Well, what i'm going to do is look for special supplements and extracts that can be applied topically on the head to demineralize tissue (like K2, A, D) and support hair growth. And report back if I have found something. Cheers

Elephanto

I dropped dairy completely 8 months ago, these days I only get minimal amounts of calcium from broccoli and mineral water, following Peat's eating guidelines all these years I realized too late that the high calcium-low magnesium diet isn't sustainable even with supplementation the cal:mag ratio was close to 5 to 1, this can't be good long term.
Do you still take the B complex ? Biotin increases sebum production (Nizoral removing it on scalp was used during my regrowth), Niacin triggers Histamine and Prostaglandins, too much Folate and B12 excessively increase methylation. B1 actually has a pro-cancer effect at 25x the RDA, high dose B2 increases photo-oxidation. Those are some features that make a lot of B complexes unideal at best. Niacinamide doesn't have the same effect as Niacin though. For B1 & B2, the RDA or slightly higher is likely to be optimal though for reversing kidney damage (which increases Ammonia, a downregulator of IGFBP-3), the effective 300mg dose may be safe temporarily. P-5-P is also better absorbed than regular B6.

high stimulatory effect on tumor growth of 164% compared with controls with a thiamine dose of 25-fold the recommended dietary allowance (RDA); however, at very high doses of thiamine, ~2500-fold the RDA, the opposite effect was observed, producing an [haidut note: average] inhibitory effect on tumor growth of 36% compared with control animals

@General Orange @Arrade Btw even if we assume that Prolactin has no negative effect on hair, it is also a symptom of low Dopamine and high Serotonin, which promotes Cortisol and Parathyroid Hormone. Zinc is dopaminergic which is how it inhibits Serotonin, Cortisol and Prolactin. Less rigid thinking, more context.

Besides the relatively direct actions of progesterone on the estrogen receptors, keeping their concentration low, and its indirect action by preventing prolactin from stimulating the formation of estrogen receptors
Look, Prolactin promotes Estrogen. Another promoter of Cortisol, Parathyroid Hormone and so calcification. Should we still assume that only hyperprolactinaemia is bad and that reducing slightly high Prolactin levels can't be beneficial ?

Last edited:
@Elephanto
Btw even if we assume that Prolactin has no negative effect on hair, it is also a symptom of low Dopamine and high Serotonin, which promotes Cortisol and Parathyroid Hormone. Zinc is dopaminergic which is how it inhibits Serotonin, Cortisol and Prolactin. Less rigid thinking, more context.
I have no idea what you are trying to say there, alas. Too much info in a small area.
Assuming an already adjusted Peat diet. I can say that normal sex and masturbation frequency has a normal prolactin response with temporal receptor expression modulation that I dont find significant for hair loss. Over masturbation and sexual exhaustion, then yes, chronic high prolactin, hyper-parathyroidism.
Cortisol has a negative feedback system, but I'm not clear about prolactin. TBH I need more study that.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals