Arrade's Hair Regrowth Protocol/attempt

Arrade

Hello! Thought I'd share how I plan on tackling androgenetic alopecia.

Here follows the regimen:

Vitamin A: from carrots or liver, possibly Haidut's 2400 iu (Not more than 3000, as I am hypo but I also read that Vitamin A competes with Vitamin D)

Vitamin D: 30,000-40,000 iu (Jarrow Vit D3 or Bulk Supp) Will start using the 1-2 level tanning beds and getting natural sunshine as much as possible

Vitamin K: For test raising purposes, as well as widening of the jaw I'm taking 45 mg mk4 from Relentless Improvement

Magnesium Oil: Amazon Topically applied ED, will switch to idealabs magnoil if I run out

Coconut Oil Unrefined: 1 tsp every meal

Biotin: 10,000 iu occasionally

Olive oil head massages EOD

Apple Cider Vinegar Night Soak ED

Derminator once a week (when I buy it)

Things I might plan on adding:

Taurine 1-2g ED
Vitamin A 5000 iU ED
Zinc 50 mg ED
Vitamin B6 p-5-p 50mg occasional
Niacinamide 500mg-1.5g occasional
StressNon for lower cortisol,

Strategy source information:

Decalcification protocol: Hair loss from DHT/Steroids? Think again...very interesting topic...

Ideas from user Elephanto / others:
Anyone Here Stopped Their Hairloss?

OP
Arrade

Arrade

Now I may tackle trying to fix my hypothyroidism first. I never felt it was the cause of my hairloss, as my hairline recedes but never sheds. But I want the best metabolic state/no stress as I de-calcify my arteries and soft tissue.

Also, it is rumored that this summer the Brotzu lotion that can restore 3 Norwoods for young balders is coming out. I will most likely use this as I try to fix the metabolic conditions in the background, seeing that for decalcification it took several months for users to notice regrowth. I plan on fixing the body and my health, and hopefully will not have to rely on the lotion.

OP
Arrade

Arrade

I am also active on Hair Loss Talk Forum, and understand all the new hairloss treatments coming out. I don't really plan on following them too heavily, its kind of a pro-finasteride wasteland over there.
Anyone interested in Brotzu lotion I moderate a site RegrowBros.com, sign up and you can see photo evidence of it working and possible groups making the lotion themselves; it will hopefully be obsolete as the real deal is released from Fidia

OP
Arrade

Arrade

As an update, I feel a lot of shedding when I started taking Mk4 45mg. I was taking LEF Super complex and 360 mcg Jarrow's Mk7. That protocol gave me a lot of bone creaking and no hairloss. The mk4, I don't know if its a shed from better blood flow (rogaine like action) or from the increased test but I definitely feel a sensation in my scalp.

TibRex

You could make a mixture of onion, ginger and even garlic to apply and rub in. Also, make an infusion of berberine (herbal JAK inhibitor) to keep in the fridge and apply a few times a day. Berberine can be extracted via infusion/decoction from a few pieces of the bark of Phellodendro amurense. Coffee shampoo formulations are said to stimulate the scalp. The most famous Indian oil for hair loss is Bhringaraj (Eclipta alba) which can be ordered at eBay.

General info: Bhringaraj Herb Uses, Benefits, Cures, Side Effects, Nutrients

Images of Bhringaraj: bhringraj hair oil - Google Search

EBay: bhringaraj | eBay

Combo herb product which contains Bhringaraj, Tulsi(basil), Neem, Brahmi, etc :
Auromere, Pre-Shampoo Conditioner, Hair Conditioning Oil, 7 fl oz (206 ml)

Last edited:

olive

Beware 50mg zinc per day may deplete copper, consider lowering your dosage.

I'd also consider adding oral castor oil 5g/day for PGE2 - it's cheap, easy and has reports of success.

OP
Arrade

Arrade

You could make a mixture of onion, ginger and even garlic to apply and rub in. Also, make an infusion of berberine (herbal JAK inhibitor) to keep in the fridge and apply a few times a day. Berberine can be extracted via infusion/decoction from a few pieces of the bark of Phellodendro amurense. Coffee shampoo formulations are said to stimulate the scalp. The most famous Indian oil for hair loss is Bhringaraj (Eclipta alba) which can be ordered at eBay.

General info: Bhringaraj Herb Uses, Benefits, Cures, Side Effects, Nutrients

Images of Bhringaraj: bhringraj hair oil - Google Search

EBay: bhringaraj | eBay

Combo herb product which contains Bhringaraj, Tulsi(basil), Neem, Brahmi, etc :
Auromere, Pre-Shampoo Conditioner, Hair Conditioning Oil, 7 fl oz (206 ml)
Interesting, I have not heard of any of these. Will read up on it.
I am wary of some natural things because they are 5ar inhibitors (like rosemary oil)

Arnold Grape

The ACV thing -- You're doing that on a regular basis, it looks like? I thought that was like a temporary thing for decalcification purposes, along with Magnesium Oil -- Also I realize that I start to feel weird if I put a lot of mag oil on regularly, but I don't know why if I'm getting a lot of sunlight and k/ calcium. Not sure why.

OP
Arrade

Arrade

The ACV thing -- You're doing that on a regular basis, it looks like? I thought that was like a temporary thing for decalcification purposes, along with Magnesium Oil -- Also I realize that I start to feel weird if I put a lot of mag oil on regularly, but I don't know why if I'm getting a lot of sunlight and k/ calcium. Not sure why.
Right now I had to stop because of poison ivy. I don’t see a problem with doing the acv rinse regurlary. What do you mean by weird? You may be getting enough magnesium, though most westerners don’t.
I’m guessing if you reverse your hairloss then the calcification was reversed, so perhaps only by then is it a good idea to stop the protocol.

OP
Arrade

Arrade

I’m going to take a break from the protocol, because I think I should fix my hypothyroidism first.
You cannot dose more than 5000 iu Vit A with hypo.
Also i read that levothyroixne suppresses your own thyroid output, and you aren’t getting all the thyroid hormones. One of them that is suppressed has to do with calcium, which I’m guessing is why the supplement causes hairloss.

Ron J

Does IGF-1 absorb through the skin? If so, has anyone tried?
I guess not "They're over 500 Daltons so they shouldn't be able to penetrate skin at all."
Is there anything else other than dermarolling that would increase local IGF-1?

Pablo Cruise

You are right about Zinc. Any high dose mineral will affect other mineral levels. You want to use zinc? Use a zinc shampoo 2-3 times a week and leave on scalp for at least 5 minutes. DHS Zinc is 2% whereas most others are 1%. I have had amazing results with zinc shampoos and Sulfacetamide/Salicylic Acid shampoos as well as selenium shampoos. Do give it about 10 weeks to see results. Alternate them. I believe they reduce sebum and thus DHT levels in the scalp, my theory but there is some evidence that these shampoos affect the microbiome in a positive way.

OP
Arrade

Arrade

You are right about Zinc. Any high dose mineral will affect other mineral levels. You want to use zinc? Use a zinc shampoo 2-3 times a week and leave on scalp for at least 5 minutes. DHS Zinc is 2% whereas most others are 1%. I have had amazing results with zinc shampoos and Sulfacetamide/Salicylic Acid shampoos as well as selenium shampoos. Do give it about 10 weeks to see results. Alternate them. I believe they reduce sebum and thus DHT levels in the scalp, my theory but there is some evidence that these shampoos affect the microbiome in a positive way.
Do you have a product recommendation? I have regenpure but im pretty sure its a 5 ar inhibitor, in a negative anti-androgen affect.
You're right, I have no evidence that I'm deficient in zinc so I won't be using that at the moment.

Pablo Cruise

I have used Selsun blue 2% prescription strength, Sebex from Amazon, and DHS Zinc. Regenpure? It is okay but the amount of active ingredients does not impress me, sorry. It has zinc but how much? It has ketoconazole but how much? I personally would say it is inferior. You know you can rub in Castor olie 70% and 30% alcohol(to improve absorption) nightly. I think and hope what I say is stronger approach.

OP
Arrade

Arrade

Guys the original decalcification protocol suggests using cod liver oil.
I've been looking into it, and fish oil does reduce prostaglandins, which is something even Danny Roddy said.
I'm continuing to look further, but just found this study:
Inhibition of atherosclerosis by cod-liver oil in a hyperlipidemic swine model. - PubMed - NCBI
"Significantly less disease was seen in the sections from the animals fed cod-liver oil. The mean lesion area per vessel, mean luminal encroachment per vessel, and mean maximal luminal encroachment per vessel were reduced in animals fed cod-liver oil"

OP
Arrade

Arrade

"Omega-3s do have one "good" quality, however, they interfere with the production of the proinflammatory prostaglandins.[17]

In 2012, Garza et al. discovered that prostaglandin D2 accumulated in the scalps of balding men and inhibited hair growth. In general, prostaglandin production seems to be the antithesis of hair growth, increasing estrogen,[18] and interfering with mitochondrial energy metabolism[19] in a vicious cycle. "
- Danny Roddy Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Hair Loss Wunderkind or Arbiter of Doom?

David PS

Guys the original decalcification protocol suggests using cod liver oil.
I've been looking into it, and fish oil does reduce prostaglandins, which is something even Danny Roddy said.
I'm continuing to look further, but just found this study:
Inhibition of atherosclerosis by cod-liver oil in a hyperlipidemic swine model. - PubMed - NCBI
"Significantly less disease was seen in the sections from the animals fed cod-liver oil. The mean lesion area per vessel, mean luminal encroachment per vessel, and mean maximal luminal encroachment per vessel were reduced in animals fed cod-liver oil"

There might be safer ways to increase local blood flow. Using PUFAs is so anti-this-forum.

Just for perspective, vegetable oils also lower atherosclerosis risk but raise cancer risk. So overall mortality was the same. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/...6736(71)91086-5/abstract#.WvHS3Lbv5Go.twitter

Using PUFAs in your protocol might just be overkill.

Last edited:
OP
Arrade

Arrade

There might be safer ways to increase local blood flow. Using PUFAs is so anti-this-forum.

Just for perspective, vegetable oils also lower atherosclerosis risk but raise cancer risk. So overall mortality was the same. https://www.thelancet.com/journals/...6736(71)91086-5/abstract#.WvHS3Lbv5Go.twitter
You’re right, I dug a little further and while fish oils would work, it reduces protstaglandin by being immunosuppressive. And apparently the fermented cod liver oil isn’t nearly as good as it says.
Maybe I’ll supplement the A with haiduts retinol instead

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals