How bad is finasteride?

milkboi

Thanks for this ChemHead, i've just contacted my Alibaba contact and they have confirmed that DHT is in their 'doping list' and therefore they don't sell it. They mention that under normal circumstances, the import of these hormone products requires an import qualification certificate. The Alibaba contact then asked another supplier and they also said that if you don't have the certificate they wont provide it. I might still try though .. I think going on Bodybuilding forums is a good idea to locate a reasonably priced source.

Regarding dosage and delivery mechanisms, I reckon i'd go for the transdermal mechanism. What i'm worried about most here is having dry clean skin throughout the day for transdermal application. I'm sure I don't need to emphasise that the scrotum and penile tissue can become sweaty throughout the day, could this impede the movement of any applicants through it? I'm currently using Pansterone and Androsterone transdermally on scrotal tissue, it seems manageable if a small number of drops are used.

Presuming 25-50mg of DHT are to be applied each day with a transdermal delivery efficiency of 30-40% then use of between 65-130mg per day would need to be used. Assuming a dosage split of 4 times per day we're left with between 16 - 33mg per dose. From here, how much is dosed per drop depends on the size of the dropper and the concentration of the solution.

Caveat: This math is likely wrong, I've just gone on intuition and what I can find on google - I work with computer networks not chemicals ;). Anyone who can verify would be greatly appreciated.

For a 10ml dropper bottle producing drops of average size 0.05ml you'd get roughly 200 drops (not every drop is the same size). Therefore to get 16mg per drop you'd want 3.2g per bottle (200*16mg), and for 33mg per drop you'd want 6.6g per bottle (200*33mg). The problem here is DHT has a solubility in pure DMSO of 50-58mg/mL (differs depending on the site you go on).

The way i'm understanding this is, for each millilitre of DMSO used, it can dissolve 58mg of DHT. Considering our 10ml dropper bottle example above, this means that 10ml (of pure DMSO) can only dissolve 580mg of DHT which means each drop would contain 2.9mg of DHT meaning you'd need 12 drops 4 times a day for a 33mg dose, and 6 drops for 16mg per dose. The only feasible option here is the 16mg option.

Thing is, I've been dissolving Enzalutamide in DMSO for a while now, specifically, 2.5g in 10ml and yet its got a solubility in DMSO of 92mg/ml so surely it should only manage to dissolve 920mg not 2500mg - really need an explanation on this as it doesn't make sense at all.

Anyways, progressing with this track of thought, it seems as though we need a better solvent as we can't get the required concentrations from a dropper bottle using DMSO. This seems unlikely as everyone and their mum uses DMSO as a solvent but it doesn't seem feasible if we're looking to dose 25-50mg transdermally via DMSO at a DHT solubility of 58 mg/ml.
PPL has it last time I checked

Peatfan69

@ChemHead

I think you are right. There are tons of recoveries with R Andro (androsterone) which is a thyroid mimetic along with it having the ability to convert to DHT

Mister

@ChemHead

I think you are right. There are tons of recoveries with R Andro (androsterone) which is a thyroid mimetic along with it having the ability to convert to DHT
I believe that's what cured CDnuts, not his sh*t ton of supplements but his cycles of R andro followed by PCT.

Miggie

You can get 100 grams of stanolone powder for like 300 usd if you order it in china.

How do you guys plan on taking this? by injection? I brewed a batch at 50mg/ml but i had to use castor oil because on all the other oils it crashed. And even with castor oil 50mg/ml seems to be pushing it with a normal 20%benzyl benzoate 2% benzyl alcohol mix.

You can get 100 grams of stanolone powder for like 300 usd if you order it in china.

How do you guys plan on taking this? by injection? I brewed a batch at 50mg/ml but i had to use castor oil because on all the other oils it crashed. And even with castor oil 50mg/ml seems to be pushing it with a normal 20%benzyl benzoate 2% benzyl alcohol mix.
You want to apply it to the skin?
If you want oral then I would do the same technique as with Progest-E (chylomicrons)

Dehdly

Bought 10g from China, need help with solvency though as DMSO only provides solubility up to 58mg/ml .. too low for a dropper bottle @ 2.5mg per drop unless I use 20-odd drops per dose (not feasible)

ChemHead

Bought 10g from China, need help with solvency though as DMSO only provides solubility up to 58mg/ml .. too low for a dropper bottle @ 2.5mg per drop unless I use 20-odd drops per dose (not feasible)
I would just use it more often. Spend a few minutes to massage it in until dry and don't wash your hands afterwards unless you really need to. It's best to have some volume of vehicle anyway to encourage full transdermal penetration.

johnwester130

I'll start taking Finestaride soon along with Pregnenolone, 150 mg of Testosterone a week and some Progesterone to hopefully avoid completely crashing my neurosteroids. A full head of hair is very important to me. The Peat strategies against hair loss don't have a good track record at all

Please read the cortisol/aldosterone theory of baldness by Travis

johnwester130

Dehdly

Well many people on hairlosstalk did regrow hair with spironolactone, so I guess he had the right idea
The benefit of using an AA on your hair is it doesn't matter what androgen tries to attach to the follicle .. its not ripping enzalutamide off.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals