Taurine More Effective Than Finasteride For Hair Loss

milk

Is it ok to use nails in detumescence therapy? My scalp is pretty tight. I can pinch it quite a bit using my nails, I can knead it all over and give myself a good general scalp massage using my nails, but using only my fingertips it's kinda hard.

Luckytype

Is it ok to use nails in detumescence therapy? My scalp is pretty tight. I can pinch it quite a bit using my nails, I can knead it all over and give myself a good general scalp massage using my nails, but using only my fingertips it's kinda hard.

If thats what you need to grip, sure. Keep in mind it may pull some out(which would come out anyway). In the beginning portions because my hands would get so tired id brace the backs of my hands on the floor and press my head into it. I had also used sharpie markers and corners of walls etc..

You can also use knuckles, though you will develop some knuckle callouses over time.

Mossy

Why not use a wood-bristle brush?
Or a dermaroller, dermapen, or derminator (I’ll be back!). Maybe a different and more subtle effect is taking place with just kneading by the hands, but if tilling the scalp soil is the objective, I don’t see how one of the derma options wouldn’t accomplish this optimally.

milk

If thats what you need to grip, sure. Keep in mind it may pull some out(which would come out anyway). In the beginning portions because my hands would get so tired id brace the backs of my hands on the floor and press my head into it. I had also used sharpie markers and corners of walls etc..

You can also use knuckles, though you will develop some knuckle callouses over time.

Alright man, good to know. Thanks.

stackz07

I took taurine daily and very quickly developed small wounds inside my nostrils. The wounds got scabs but didn't heal. I had the wounds for a couple of months and suddenly they healed up when I started taking beta alanine. What could be the mechanism here?
So strange. This is happening to me right now too.

Frankdee20

I have messed with Taurine on many occasions and it did absolutely nothing for hair regrowth. I am not in any hair shedding stage.

Mossy

"Menthol is the most effective penetration enhancer that, along with limonene, can be considered the prototype for the use of terpenes as penetration enhancers "

Peppermint Oil Promotes Hair Growth without Toxic Signs

Peppermint Oil Promotes Hair Growth without Toxic Signs
It would be great to know of any success stories using peppermint oil. It’s cheap and widely available, and is probably one of the earlier internet remedies I’ve stumbled upon, but I’ve yet to see any well-documented success stories with it. Considering how long it’s been known you would think that if it worked, we know it. Even so, it may be worth mixing peppermint with cedar oil, rosemary, castor, and any others, and trying for a while.

Inaut

I mix peppermint oil with rosemary oil, a little caffeine, niacinamide in lemon juice which I dilute with water. This is my daily hair rinse. Haven’t seen significant regrown although I have a lot of velus hairs around temple areas and hair colour is darker (maybe thicker too)? My hair is fine so it’s made a bit of difference.

Mossy

I mix peppermint oil with rosemary oil, a little caffeine, niacinamide in lemon juice which I dilute with water. This is my daily hair rinse. Haven’t seen significant regrown although I have a lot of velus hairs around temple areas and hair colour is darker (maybe thicker too)? My hair is fine so it’s made a bit of difference.
Just a guess, but I would imagine apple cider vinegar could be swapped for the lemon juice, should someone already have that on hand. Lemon would smell better. Would you consider these being used for the same purpose?

Inaut

Just a guess, but I would imagine apple cider vinegar could be swapped for the lemon juice, should someone already have that on hand. Lemon would smell better. Would you consider these being used for the same purpose?

I find it conditions my hair far better. Vinegar (whether ACV or white) leaves my hair dry and stringy after rinsing. Fresh lemon juice is best but I tend to use the lemon concentrate juice in the bottle. It has concentrated lemon juice/lemon oil/sodium benzoate/ and sulfites(not ideal but it makes my life easier). Citric acid is ideal for hair pH i'd say. Plus added benefits of limonene (in the lemon oil), camphor in rosemary oil, menthol in peppermint oil, and caffeine makes a good mixture

I wash my hair twice a week with glycerin soap and rinse it daily with the lemon juice combo.

_lppaiva

Points for Red Bull then?
Caffeine benefits + Taurine Benefits + Niacinamide beneifts

Orangeyouglad

I find it conditions my hair far better. Vinegar (whether ACV or white) leaves my hair dry and stringy after rinsing. Fresh lemon juice is best but I tend to use the lemon concentrate juice in the bottle. It has concentrated lemon juice/lemon oil/sodium benzoate/ and sulfites(not ideal but it makes my life easier). Citric acid is ideal for hair pH i'd say. Plus added benefits of limonene (in the lemon oil), camphor in rosemary oil, menthol in peppermint oil, and caffeine makes a good mixture

I wash my hair twice a week with glycerin soap and rinse it daily with the lemon juice combo.

The lemon juice isn't too acidic? I would think it would make the hair worse. Right now I'm on a daily ACV rinse and I agree that while my scalp feels good after, the hair is super stringy and harder to manage.

Inaut

Diluted lemon juice? I think the pH is relatively close to that of acetic acid. Lemon juice is 2.0 and acetic is 2.2. Again, I stress dilution

Mossy

Good to know. I will consider this over the ACV. Thanks for the detail.

Mossy

I just thought to ask, does using lemon juice lighten your hair?

Inaut

My hair has darkened so I don’t know... in theory I guess it could especially if in the sun