How bad is finasteride?

Well many people on hairlosstalk did regrow hair with spironolactone, so I guess he had the right idea

How do you separate Spironolacone's effects as an anti-androgen from that of an anti-mineralocorticoid?

If the latter was responsible, then we should also see results with drugs like Eplerenone which have far weaker anti-androgen properties and function mostly as anti-mineralocorticoids, yet we don't.

The benefit of using an AA on your hair is it doesn't matter what androgen tries to attach to the follicle .. its not ripping enzalutamide off.

You should consider yourself very lucky to be able to use that. Most antiandrogens F*** me up and hence my hair is doomed.

johnwester130

How do you separate Spironolacone's effects as an anti-androgen from that of an anti-mineralocorticoid?

If the latter was responsible, then we should also see results with drugs like Eplerenone which have far weaker anti-androgen properties and function mostly as anti-mineralocorticoids, yet we don't.

You should consider yourself very lucky to be able to use that. Most antiandrogens F*** me up and hence my hair is doomed.

that's the million dollar question - did they regrow hair from blocking cortisol or blocking the androgens?

However there is one study showing that says Antimineralocorticoid drugs produce hair growth posted above

wildworld1992

As I continued toying with finasteride over the years to discover what made it work and why it would stop working after only a few weeks to a month or two of use, the time it took to recover from finasteride after discontinuation gradually increased. Eventually it started taking 3-4 months and then seemingly 3-4 years based on the last recovery.
What do you mean by 'toying'? You got PFS and recovered and then again you took fin in order to get PFS and see how you would recover from PFS and looping through the same process multiple times? :oops::eek:

ChemHead

What do you mean by 'toying'? You got PFS and recovered and then again you took fin in order to get PFS and see how you would recover from PFS and looping through the same process multiple times? :oops::eek:
No. Early in my use of fin, recovery was much quicker. It only took maybe 2-3 months. I continued using fin because it completely transformed my hair.. Complete cessation of loss, itch and irritation, made my hair significantly darker, and it nearly doubled my hair shaft thickness within weeks of using it.

It works, but the reason it works is clearly not understood because it has very little to do with DHT. It's also poison. At least for some people like me.

ChemHead

@ChemHead Have you tried high dose iodine again alone to see if that was it. Or the spironolactone again alone?
Neither of those things are it. However, iodine as well as DHT both had acute effects that improved my condition. I suppose the reason they helped is because they caused Some of the key components of the problem to temporarily improve, even though the underlying problem wasn't fixed. It's still possible the DHT may fix the issue if I were to purchase more and take it for longer, since there seem to be enough reports of it working.

Aflac

Neither of those things are it. However, iodine as well as DHT both had acute effects that improved my condition. I suppose the reason they helped is because they caused Some of the key components of the problem to temporarily improve, even though the underlying problem wasn't fixed. It's still possible the DHT may fix the issue if I were to purchase more and take it for longer, since there seem to be enough reports of it working.
Okay thanks for the reply; if you find something that does cure you or improve you dramatically again , would be great to hear it.

I’d still like to try the proviron, followed by HCG since I’ve seen the reports too that it worked for some people. I’m not sure how to get a hold of it yet though.

Jayvee

Okay thanks for the reply; if you find something that does cure you or improve you dramatically again , would be great to hear it.

I’d still like to try the proviron, followed by HCG since I’ve seen the reports too that it worked for some people. I’m not sure how to get a hold of it yet though.

Stanolone works pretty good (most say its better). You can get that from purple panda Labs. I get major cognitive improvements from just 1mg. I have gone higher and felt really good but I dont want to go on HCG so I dropped it back down and some of the benefits lasted. A good approach 'might' be doing cycles with it topically with cordyceps and plenty of calories from good fats, proteins and carbs.

Guess I’m a lucky one. Daily 1mg dose for over a year and a half. Hair is better than ever, no side effects, still making all kinds of gains in the gym.

Mister

Guess I’m a lucky one. Daily 1mg dose for over a year and a half. Hair is better than ever, no side effects, still making all kinds of gains in the gym.
I was also good the first year on fina, the sides creep up very slow for most.

wildworld1992

Stanolone works pretty good (most say its better). You can get that from purple panda Labs. I get major cognitive improvements from just 1mg. I have gone higher and felt really good but I dont want to go on HCG so I dropped it back down and some of the benefits lasted. A good approach 'might' be doing cycles with it topically with cordyceps and plenty of calories from good fats, proteins and carbs.
You dissolve stanolone powder with DMSO?

Jayvee

You dissolve stanolone powder with DMSO?

That's what I am doing now with about 25% isopropyl alcocol. In the past I have dissolved it in warm olive oil and rubbed it on my gums. Both methods work as well for me. If your skin can handle it though I'd do DMSO route, much less hassle. Also I like experimenting applying it to different areas of the body.

wildworld1992

I
That's what I am doing now with about 25% isopropyl alcocol. In the past I have dissolved it in warm olive oil and rubbed it on my gums. Both methods work as well for me. If your skin can handle it though I'd do DMSO route, much less hassle. Also I like experimenting applying it to different areas of the body.
Isn't isopropyl alcohol toxic to your body?Ethanol might be safer. BTW, do you have pfs and how much progress you've made since using DHT?

Jayvee

I

Isn't isopropyl alcohol toxic to your body?Ethanol might be safer. BTW, do you have pfs and how much progress you've made since using DHT?

It's in extremely small amounts so I dont think it's an issue, it's like 25% of 0.2ml so 0.05ml (that could be bad maths) and its every other day too. Olive oil is definitely the least toxic carrier.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals