Topical Dutasteride = no systemic absorbtion??

OP
M

MattFord

My experience is that having hair requires suffering, and there is no way around that. There is literally not a single substance that worked even remotely that didn't cause me side effects or suffering of some sort. If you have baldness in your cards, this is the MO of your body. You have to introduce a significant enough amount of a powerful chemical to disrupt this effect, and the required dose always, invariably, **** up some other system.

I've been experimenting with compounds for 7 years and have not found a single thing that worked that I could tolerate in the long run. I'm not saying that such a compound doesn't perhaps exist, but I haven't found it, and I must've tried several hundred. It seems that if you want to keep your hair with the methods presently available, you must accept some kind of compromise to your quality of life, whether you're aware of it or not.
I am sorry to hear.

In my experience the only thing that has worked rather effectively besides finasteride is botox injections in the scalp perimiter muscles. This eliminated my scalp tension for 2 months and my shedding decreased by 70% (measured with a hair catcher). Since it is such an expensive therapy I couldnt continue with it and it seemed it got less effective over time since I suspect my body developed antibodies to it.

I am reading into the skull expansion theory by Paul Taylor which has me pretty convinced right now. I mean every severe balding man I see has a prominent bulge to his head. He recommends doing comoression exercises which I will try for 3 months before evaluating.

equipoise

My experience is that having hair requires suffering, and there is no way around that. There is literally not a single substance that worked even remotely that didn't cause me side effects or suffering of some sort. If you have baldness in your cards, this is the MO of your body. You have to introduce a significant enough amount of a powerful chemical to disrupt this effect, and the required dose always, invariably, **** up some other system.

I've been experimenting with compounds for 7 years and have not found a single thing that worked that I could tolerate in the long run. I'm not saying that such a compound doesn't perhaps exist, but I haven't found it, and I must've tried several hundred. It seems that if you want to keep your hair with the methods presently available, you must accept some kind of compromise to your quality of life, whether you're aware of it or not.
Great post because it addresses the fact that sometimes, like it or not, there's certain things happening in and around us we just cannot control, should we try, we'll lose the little sanity we had left.

Progesterone

I am sorry to hear.

In my experience the only thing that has worked rather effectively besides finasteride is botox injections in the scalp perimiter muscles. This eliminated my scalp tension for 2 months and my shedding decreased by 70% (measured with a hair catcher). Since it is such an expensive therapy I couldnt continue with it and it seemed it got less effective over time since I suspect my body developed antibodies to it.

I am reading into the skull expansion theory by Paul Taylor which has me pretty convinced right now. I mean every severe balding man I see has a prominent bulge to his head. He recommends doing comoression exercises which I will try for 3 months before evaluating.

The dutasteride from fueclinic is supposed to be side free and work well.

only need to use it once a week too.

i'm thinking of trying it...

have you tried it yet?

Progesterone

I quoted studies. I don't assume. I do imagine there could be some systemic absorption if a lot is applied and of high concentration. One study used a 0.25% in a basic or crude liposomal formula and claimed no to minimal absorption. I have another study that states a 1% gel formula with the same results. I use what I preach here. I have not done DHT blood levels but I am not aware of any absorption. This may make a difference in what you are doing, use silicone PEG10 and a silquioxones.
They help with spreading and keeping drug molecules localized by bonding to the API. By the way I use an Ultrasonic mixer at 70 degrees for certain stages.

Thoughts on topical dutasteride from fueclinic?

it's 0.1% and Trichosol.

there's a guy named Mustang giving it great review all over and says no sides...

Thoughts on topical dutasteride from fueclinic?

it's 0.1% and Trichosol.

there's a guy named Mustang giving it great review all over and says no sides...

I believe he said that it "only" reduced his serum DHT by 10-20% and it was acceptable to him, so it does go systemic...

Progesterone

I believe he said that it "only" reduced his serum DHT by 10-20% and it was acceptable to him, so it does go systemic...

Yes you're right.

He said via blood tests DHT did go down, however he has noted zero side effects at all... which is interesting.

With good results for hair.

Jack Earth

Yes you're right.

He said via blood tests DHT did go down, however he has noted zero side effects at all... which is interesting.

With good results for hair.
Take your time to decide, but if you do try it let us know how it's going I'm curious about it too, 20% dht reduction doesnt sound terrible but I'm still a little afraid to try it.

Progesterone

Take your time to decide, but if you do try it let us know how it's going I'm curious about it too, 20% dht reduction doesnt sound terrible but I'm still a little afraid to try it.

I'm scared, too.

Bought Source Naturals Progesterone cream. Using this.