How bad is bleaching your hair?

OccamzRazer

For a while now I've wanted to bleach my hair then put some blue streaks in it with methylene blue. (Hope that doesn't sound too dumb lol.)

How bad is bleaching? Are there any Peaty ways to make it gentler on the hair?

Thanks!

rothko

its bad for your hair. dont. also im pretty sure MB wont die hair.

makaronai

You could try applying coconut oil to your hair and leave it overnight. Then bleach the hair in the morning without removing the oil. I’ve never tested it myself but seen it mentioned a lot in hair forums. Should lessen the harm to som extent.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

You could try applying coconut oil to your hair and leave it overnight. Then bleach the hair in the morning without removing the oil. I’ve never tested it myself but seen it mentioned a lot in hair forums. Should lessen the harm to som extent.
Thnx, this was exactly the type of thing I was looking for!

Birdie

And keeping the chemicals off your scalp if you can would help. What will you use exactly? Just hydrogen peroxide or what? And will you just do areas, streaks or all of it?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

And keeping the chemicals off your scalp if you can would help. What will you use exactly? Just hydrogen peroxide or what? And will you just do areas, streaks or all of it?
All of it! Ended up applying coconut oil to scalp before and after bleaching. Seemed to work well!

The key to bleaching is to use a salon-quality bleach and developer and use at least a 30 v each time. Also, invest in Olaplex. All their products are excellent for bleaching. The last suggestion I have is to wash your hair once a week and use dry shampoo in between. Keep the bleach off scalp if you can.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

The key to bleaching is to use a salon-quality bleach and developer and use at least a 30 v each time. Also, invest in Olaplex. All their products are excellent for bleaching. The last suggestion I have is to wash your hair once a week and use dry shampoo in between. Keep the bleach off scalp if you can.
Thank you! Yeah, I used a salon-quality product. Will have to look into Olaplex next time.

I did accidentally get some bleach on my scalp, but have been soaking it in coconut oil and lanolin and now, 2 days later, it feels perfect again.

Birdie

Well, :thumbsup: !

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

It will, but not that pretty shade of blue. It will be an ugly green most likely.
Good to know, thankfully I have not used the MB yet lol.

What is it reacting to that makes it turn green?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals