High Dose Iodine, Are We Right

S.Holmes

I no longer agree with the fear of plant compounds that are supposed to be "estrogenic". I have found zero estrogenic effects and I use 10-20 herbs heavily, every day. Only benefits. And then of course most herbs help liver function or digestion so thats even less estrogenic load
Women typically have more problems with estrogen overload. I do. PCOS and uterine fibroids are a serious issue for many of us.

S.Holmes

It took only a few days. I did have cold hands and feet for one or two days but I understand that's normal when you begin therapeutic dosing. I've been working on my thyroid health for 15 years. I found Dr. Peat's work around 2008 so I've had plenty of time to lower stored pufas. I also had a stem cell IV infusion (ethically sourced and covid vax free donor) and that may have helped some too.

I've begun having mild palpitations so I will need to either 1) do lower doses of Lugols, or 2) increase salt again.

I did the mega doses because I was desperate for immediate relief, and it really helped with post covid issues. My recommendation to friends and family, after my short very high dose experiment, is to start low and work up gradually. If there are scary or uncomfortable side effects, back down, increase salt and mag chlor, and move forward gradually.
Regarding palpitations...both potassium AND bromine can cause them but I haven't read that potassium toxicity is an issue even at high doses of Lugols. So I'm thinking the bromine released and in circulation is the likely culprit. So I'm going to see what happens using more sodium and magnesium (chloride). The chloride in both should help detoxify the liberated bromine (according to the iodine docs).

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
It took only a few days. I did have cold hands and feet for one or two days but I understand that's normal when you begin therapeutic dosing. I've been working on my thyroid health for 15 years. I found Dr. Peat's work around 2008 so I've had plenty of time to lower stored pufas. I also had a stem cell IV infusion (ethically sourced and covid vax free donor) and that may have helped some too.

I've begun having mild palpitations so I will need to either 1) do lower doses of Lugols, or 2) increase salt again.

I did the mega doses because I was desperate for immediate relief, and it really helped with post covid issues. My recommendation to friends and family, after my short very high dose experiment, is to start low and work up gradually. If there are scary or uncomfortable side effects, back down, increase salt and mag chlor, and move forward gradually.
Thank you very much for clarifying! Your posts are very informative and helpful.
Very nice, that Iodine was able to heal your thyroid/restore good temperatures within a few days. But I guess that your peating since 2008 and your stem cell infusion also helped.
For me personally, I think I'll have to keep mega dosing iodine for a longer time, because I already have been mega dosing iodine for over a year which certainly helped but did not restore temps/thyroid (maybe because back then I was exposed to toxic mold in my old flat).
Do you take the lugols plainly in water?
I cannot stand the taste and put dropperfuls of lugols in empty capsules (size 000).

Ben.

Thank you very much for clarifying! Your posts are very informative and helpful.
Very nice, that Iodine was able to heal your thyroid/restore good temperatures within a few days. But I guess that your peating since 2008 and your stem cell infusion also helped.
For me personally, I think I'll have to keep mega dosing iodine for a longer time, because I already have been mega dosing iodine for over a year which certainly helped but did not restore temps/thyroid (maybe because back then I was exposed to toxic mold in my old flat).
I cannot stand the taste and put dropperfuls of lugols in empty capsules (size 000).

You took mega doses of iodine for over a year? I am genuinely confused why you think you need to continue it? At high dosages with such a long treatment duration i would personaly conlcude either that it is not "the" answer to the problems or there is something else lacking. Pathogens affected by iodine treatment should be dead and the body itself should be saturated by this point, no?

S.Holmes

I agree about the taste and use capsules as well.

I'm happy to help (if I can). I spent many months researching fluoride poisoning, and eliminated that where I could. Now doing a deep dive into bromine toxicity. There isn't a lot out there but I'll keep digging.

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
You took mega doses of iodine for over a year? I am genuinely confused why you think you need to continue it? At high dosages with such a long treatment duration i would personaly conlcude either that it is not "the" answer to the problems or there is something else lacking. Pathogens affected by iodine treatment should be dead and the body itself should be saturated by this point, no?
Thanks for chiming in. Yes, I did. But I lived in a moldy flat back then and maybe that's why the iodine could not work properly/was not enough. And then there are testimonials of people on the curezone.org forum claiming they had to take mega doses of iodine for a long time/years before they were able to restore good temperatures/metabolism/thyroid. And also some of the iodine docs (I think, Brownstein, Flechas) believe that for some people it takes a lot of time in order to restore good Iodine levels/metabolism/thyroid.

And yes, you're absolutely right, iodine is not the one-size-fits-all solution for me and there are other problems that l have to deal with/find out about. That's why I experiment with many other stuff, e.g. eating more, aspirine, mega doses of Thiamine (along with B- complex), NDT, Selenium, TUDCA, etc.
I still have to fight the good fight.

Last edited:

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
I agree about the taste and use capsules as well.

I'm happy to help (if I can). I spent many months researching fluoride poisoning, and eliminated that where I could. Now doing a deep dive into bromine toxicity. There isn't a lot out there but I'll keep digging.
Thank you and lots of respect to you and your research!
How much B1 do you take?

OP
M

mgrabs

Thanks for chiming in. Yes, I did. But I lived in a moldy flat back then and maybe that's why the iodine could not work properly/was not enough. And then there are testimonials of people on the curezone.org forum claiming they had to take mega doses of iodine for a long time/years before they were able to restore good temperatures/metabolism/thyroid. And also some of the iodine docs (I think, Brownstein, Flechas) believe that for some people it takes a lot of time in order to restore good Iodine levels/metabolism/thyroid.

And yes, you're absolutely right, iodine is not the one-size-fits-all solution for me and there are other problems that l have to deal with/find out about. That's why I experiment with many other stuff, e.g. eating more, aspirine, mega doses of Thiamine (along with B- complex), NDT, Selenium, TUDCA, etc.
I still have to fight the good fight.
Do you think ndt plus iodine will work well over time?

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
Do you think ndt plus iodine will work well over time?
I absolutely hope so and I'm trying right now and of course will keep you updated. But it might work. If I remember Brownstein correctly, he wrote in his Iodine book that in people (who are iodine-deficient) the usage of NDT or synthetic thyroid hormones further increases the lack of iodine.

On the Curezone forum there are/were two very avid posters ("Violien" and "Ginagirl") who took NDT and/or synthetic T3/T4 who were able to decrease (and finally get off) thyroid medication while mega dosing lugols and SSKI.

Have a look here.

As I said, I'll keep you guys updated and I solemnly swear that I will make a post about my metabolism cure here on this forum, IF I ever make it.

S.Holmes

Thanks! Do you take Thiamine HCL or another Form? Do you use powder or capsules or powder in capsules? Do take Thiamine as @mostlylurking in water only and away from sugar? Mostlylurking says that sugar can negate the effects of Thiamine.
I take capsules, Dr. Clark Store thiamine hydrochloride, and Thiamax. I don't worry too much about taking it away from sugar.

S.Holmes

For anyone interested in our iodine experiment. @burtlancast (?) Guests were here for 5 days. There were 11 (up to 15) of us and it was stressful but fun. (A 2- year-old and 2 5-year-olds kept things lively.) During that time I maintained a 350 mg daily dose of Lugols. I had heart palpitations a few nights, but salt and protein stopped them. (Bromine detox can cause heart arrythmia.)
I'm still detoxing bromine through my sinuses (and eyes) but it isn't keeping me awake anymore. I AM taking 1 extra tsp of salt (divided) and extra magnesium (chloride and glycinate) plus Vit C (4-5 grams) to tackle the free bromine and remove it quickly.

Some of my family members are also increasing their iodine doses. They are also having symptoms of bromine detox. Free bromine is very caustic and will burn on the way out. This scares people and they blame the iodine for it when the iodine is purging the toxic substance. When bromine is stored in the tissues I think the body puts a little here and a little there, but once larger amounts go into circulation it can be uncomfortable. We've had burning throat (me, 3 days), burning eyes and fever, a couple have had itchy burning rashes, and one had boil like eruptions. ALL are symptoms of bromine toxicity (Materia Medica). Fortunately these don't last very long. Once the bromine is cleared so are the unpleasant effects (it may happen in waves). To reduce these, one can work up slowly and then back down to a maintenance dose when necessary.

The experiment continues.

OP
M

mgrabs

For anyone interested in our iodine experiment. @burtlancast (?) Guests were here for 5 days. There were 11 (up to 15) of us and it was stressful but fun. (A 2- year-old and 2 5-year-olds kept things lively.) During that time I maintained a 350 mg daily dose of Lugols. I had heart palpitations a few nights, but salt and protein stopped them. (Bromine detox can cause heart arrythmia.)
I'm still detoxing bromine through my sinuses (and eyes) but it isn't keeping me awake anymore. I AM taking 1 extra tsp of salt (divided) and extra magnesium (chloride and glycinate) plus Vit C (4-5 grams) to tackle the free bromine and remove it quickly.

Some of my family members are also increasing their iodine doses. They are also having symptoms of bromine detox. Free bromine is very caustic and will burn on the way out. This scares people and they blame the iodine for it when the iodine is purging the toxic substance. When bromine is stored in the tissues I think the body puts a little here and a little there, but once larger amounts go into circulation it can be uncomfortable. We've had burning throat (me, 3 days), burning eyes and fever, a couple have had itchy burning rashes, and one had boil like eruptions. ALL are symptoms of bromine toxicity (Materia Medica). Fortunately these don't last very long. Once the bromine is cleared so are the unpleasant effects (it may happen in waves). To reduce these, one can work up slowly and then back down to a maintenance dose when necessary.

The experiment continues.
Cant you just stay at a dose of around 10-25mg of iodine and slowly let the bromine leave your system? i wonder what the duration difference in removing iodine on 100s of mgs vs a couple mgs

S.Holmes

Cant you just stay at a dose of around 10-25mg of iodine and slowly let the bromine leave your system? i wonder what the duration difference in removing iodine on 100s of mgs vs a couple mgs
I could, but I'm comfortable where I am (for now). I've done lower doses of Lugols off and on for years, but I apparently never really dealt with the bromine (and possibly fluoride) issue(s) at those lower doses. Some of the iodine "experts" at Curezone say that therapeutic doses begin at 200 mg. Anything less and no recovery is possible. I'm testing their claim. It just seems to depend on how toxic you are and for how long.

Most of my family members are taking under 50 mg and are still having bromine detox issues. They're younger than me so seem to be having some success at the lower doses. They have all been eating a Peat inspired diet, drinking purified water and buying mostly organic food for almost 15 years, so I think those things have helped. (And they have been on homeopathic remedies their entire lives but that's a topic for another thread.)

OP
M

mgrabs

I could, but I'm comfortable where I am (for now). I've done lower doses of Lugols off and on for years, but I apparently never really dealt with the bromine (and possibly fluoride) issue(s) at those lower doses. Some of the iodine "experts" at Curezone say that therapeutic doses begin at 200 mg. Anything less and no recovery is possible. I'm testing their claim. It just seems to depend on how toxic you are and for how long.

Most of my family members are taking under 50 mg and are still having bromine detox issues. They're younger than me so seem to be having some success at the lower doses. They have all been eating a Peat inspired diet, drinking purified water and buying mostly organic food for almost 15 years, so I think those things have helped. (And they have been on homeopathic remedies their entire lives but that's a topic for another thread.)
Interesting! Have you done the loading test to see how much bromine you have? I did one 2 years agi

S.Holmes

Interesting! Have you done the loading test to see how much bromine you have? I did one 2 years agi
The toxin and heavy metals testing I did a few months ago included fluoride and iodine but not bromine. I'll ask the doctor why it wasn't included.

OP
M

mgrabs

The toxin and heavy metals testing I did a few months ago included fluoride and iodine but not bromine. I'll ask the doctor why it wasn't included.
This was mine

Attachments

• 5480C376-CF7B-4D9B-B51E-E8F8EA6985D1.jpeg
    5480C376-CF7B-4D9B-B51E-E8F8EA6985D1.jpeg
    294.4 KB · Views: 23
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals