High Dose Iodine, Are We Right

S.Holmes

I would try extra salt and magnesium chloride. Also maybe extra sugar.

Oops, wrong spot for that response. I still don't know after all these years how to delete a comment here.
The bromide detox can be brutal. Chloride (sodium and magnesium) will work synergistically with iodine and carry the bromide out of your body.

OP
M

mgrabs

The bromide detox can be brutal. Chloride (sodium and magnesium) will work synergistically with iodine and carry the bromide out of your body.
So wild. How the body just has bromine just stuck. Is there actual evidence on how bad it is for the body? Its crazy how its never discussed

S.Holmes

So wild. How the body just has bromine just stuck. Is there actual evidence on how bad it is for the body? Its crazy how its never discussed
Not sufficient iodine in the diet to oppose it. Nearly all commercial bread products use it as a dough conditioner. They used iodine in bread years ago. My favorite soda as a child was Mountain Dew, also the chosen beverage of millennial gamers. It was in Gatorade. Both made with bromated veg oil. Besides food and drinks it's ubiquitous in manufactured products. I roll my windows down in my car to reduce outgassing fumes. I think you get the picture.

S.Holmes

This is the last time before the holiday weekend I'll have time to check in here. So...this is where I am. I did a week on 500 mg up to 1 gram (2 days) of Lugols. Nothing in recent years has helped me as much as this has and I've done nearly everything. I did have some brutal die off but increased salt, mag chloride, and vitamin C and it got better.

Since I can sleep lying down again, and am feeling so much better I'm going to reduce and stay on a 300 to 400 mg daily dose for now and see what happens.

Just to let everyone know, I take 200 mcg selenium, HIGH doses of B1, B2, B3, Magnesium, and vit C daily along with a few other sups. I wouldn't try taking high doses without the "symporters."

Hope this can help someone and that everyone has a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
This is the last time before the holiday weekend I'll have time to check in here. So...this is where I am. I did a week on 500 mg up to 1 gram (2 days) of Lugols. Nothing in recent years has helped me as much as this has and I've done nearly everything. I did have some brutal die off but increased salt, mag chloride, and vitamin C and it got better.

Since I can sleep lying down again, and am feeling so much better I'm going to reduce and stay on a 300 to 400 mg daily dose for now and see what happens.

Just to let everyone know, I take 200 mcg selenium, HIGH doses of B1, B2, B3, Magnesium, and vit C daily along with a few other sups. I wouldn't try taking high doses without the "symporters."

Hope this can help someone and that everyone has a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Awesome testimonial! Thank you so much for sharing! You have a merry christmas, too! :)
May I ask how much salt (approximately), magnesium, B1, B2, B3 do you take?

And do I remember correctly that you don´t take thyroid hormones, "only" iodine and co-factors?
Did you have (occasional) problems with acid reflux when mega dosing iodine? Right now, I´m struggling with a bit of nasty reflux.

youngsinatra

What I don’t get is that in the research is that thyroid function is better with LESS iodine intake?

And thyroid function is better with LESS selenium intake aswell.

And LESS iodine intake is associated with reduced risk for autoimmune disease thyroiditis and subclinical hypothyroidism.

We need the trace minerals, but in low amounts. Even people with hashimoto take 100-150mcg during pregnancy for proper development of the child.

I have people I interacted with that seemed to have problems with iodine after years of megadosing:

IMG_6556.jpeg

And another gentleman that had a severe thyroid storm after years of megadosed iodine. (Brownstein Protocol)

IMG_6555.jpeg

So… my issue is NOT that iodine potentially destroys the thyroid gland, as you can see the last graphic showing no antibodies (although I have seen that going absolutely high) but my problem is that it does not seem to benefit the thyroid function in excess. So why bother at all with this?

My 2ct to this.

Last edited:

Kocky777

Forum Supporter
What I don’t get is that in the research is that thyroid function is better with LESS iodine intake?

And thyroid function is better with LESS selenium intake aswell.

And LESS iodine intake is associated with reduced risk for autoimmune disease thyroiditis and subclinical hypothyroidism.

We need the trace minerals, but in low amounts. Even people with hashimoto take 100-150mcg during pregnancy for proper development of the child.

I have people I interacted with that seemed to have problems with iodine after years of megadosing:

View attachment 59514

And another gentleman that had a severe thyroid storm after years of megadosed iodine. (Brownstein Protocol)

View attachment 59515

So… my issue is NOT that iodine potentially destroys the thyroid gland, as you can see the last graphic showing no antibodies (although I have seen that going absolutely high) but my problem is that it does not seem to benefit the thyroid function in excess. So why bother at all with this?

My 2ct to this.
With all respect to your post and thoughts, I think it could be possible that "Follow the science" (on iodine, on mrna vaccines, on cancer) is sometimes counterproductive because studies are paid for by illdisposed BIG PHARMA (TM) agents or the study designs can be skewed/flawed (intentionally). But not every study is "bad", of course and you might be right about iodine, who knows...

youngsinatra

„Healthy men were fed foods naturally high or low in selenium for 120 d while confined to a metabolic research unit. Selenium intake for all subjects was 47 microg/d (595 nmol/d) for the first 21 d, and then changed to either 14 (n = 6) or 297 (n = 5) microg/d (177 nmol/d or 3.8 micromol/d) for the remaining 99 d, causing significant changes in blood selenium and glutathione peroxidase. Serum 3,3',5-triiodothyronine (T3) decreased in the high selenium group, increased in the low selenium group, and was significantly different between groups from d 45 onward. A compensatory increase of thyrotropin occurred in the high selenium group as T3 decreased. The changes in T3 were opposite in direction to those reported in rats, but were consistent with other metabolic changes. By d 64, the high selenium group started to gain weight, whereas the low selenium group began to lose weight, and the weight changes were significantly different between groups from d 92 onward. Decreases of serum T3 and compensatory increases in thyrotropin suggest that a subclinical hypothyroid response was induced in the high selenium group, leading to body weight increases.

Increases of serum T3 and serum triacylglycerol accompanied by losses of body fat suggest that a subclinical hyperthyroid response was induced in the low selenium group, leading to body weight decreases
.“

Very interesting well-put human experiment. Not on iodine, but selenium.

S.Holmes

Awesome testimonial! Thank you so much for sharing! You have a merry christmas, too! :)
May I ask how much salt (approximately), magnesium, B1, B2, B3 do you take?

And do I remember correctly that you don´t take thyroid hormones, "only" iodine and co-factors?
Did you have (occasional) problems with acid reflux when mega dosing iodine? Right now, I´m struggling with a bit of nasty reflux.
I have a few minutes before it gets crazy around here (holiday guests) and didn't want to leave you hanging. I take 1/4 tsp of salt twice a day. (I may increase it.) Taking 500 plus mg of niacinamide. Will have to get back to you on the other two.

My throat felt like it was on fire for about 3 days. Since bromine is stored in mucus membranes where it does tremendous damage, I'm fairly certain the burning was a detox of the substance. (Fluoride on the other hand gets stored mostly in teeth and bones.) If the burning is bad, if I were you I might back down a bit on the dose and work back up slowly.

I took thyroid hormone for years, mostly T3, but it didn't seem to help so I stopped. And now my temperature seems to be responding well to the iodine. It's holding steady around 98.6 during the day and my hands and feet have been warm.

S.Holmes

I have a few minutes before it gets crazy around here (holiday guests) and didn't want to leave you hanging. I take 1/4 tsp of salt twice a day. (I may increase it.) Taking 500 plus mg of niacinamide. Will have to get back to you on the other two.

My throat felt like it was on fire for about 3 days. Since bromine is stored in mucus membranes where it does tremendous damage, I'm fairly certain the burning was a detox of the substance. (Fluoride on the other hand gets stored mostly in teeth and bones.) If the burning is bad, if I were you I might back down a bit on the dose and work back up slowly.

I took thyroid hormone for years, mostly T3, but it didn't seem to help so I stopped. And now my temperature seems to be responding well to the iodine. It's holding steady around 98.6 during the day and my hands and feet have been warm.
This is bromine:
1000005757.jpg

OP
M

mgrabs

Thats incredible. Getting temps like that. How would one know to up their iodine dose? I seem to be fine with the 12.5mg the past week. Not sure if one should stay here or keep going up & maybe double to 25mg

Peater

I put 4 drops of 15% Lugol's on my inner arms and rubbed it in (By rubbing them together) and was so warm in bed I had to open the window (It's winter here). My heart beat was a little 'strong' for comfort, not fast, just powerful. I had a little cypro (Literally 1mg or so) just to bring on some relaxation. I do take a little NDT, but the heat production was so close the Lugol's I am happy to attribute it to that.

DonLore

Some of the herbs, if not most, are estrogenic. I'm fairly certain I don't need MORE estrogen. I am however taking milk thistle to help protect my liver.

I made it up to 882 mg of Lugols yesterday. I'm definitely "retracing." Today I'm going to go for 1 gram.
I no longer agree with the fear of plant compounds that are supposed to be "estrogenic". I have found zero estrogenic effects and I use 10-20 herbs heavily, every day. Only benefits. And then of course most herbs help liver function or digestion so thats even less estrogenic load

Kocky777

Forum Supporter

Merry Christmas and thank you so much for your detailed answer, that helps alot!
Do you remember how long (on iodine) it took you to hold the 98.6 degrees steadily?

OP
M

mgrabs

Merry Christmas and thank you so much for your detailed answer, that helps alot!
Do you remember how long (on iodine) it took you to hold the 98.6 degrees steadily?
Curious to hear as well

S.Holmes

It took only a few days. I did have cold hands and feet for one or two days but I understand that's normal when you begin therapeutic dosing. I've been working on my thyroid health for 15 years. I found Dr. Peat's work around 2008 so I've had plenty of time to lower stored pufas. I also had a stem cell IV infusion (ethically sourced and covid vax free donor) and that may have helped some too.

I've begun having mild palpitations so I will need to either 1) do lower doses of Lugols, or 2) increase salt again.

I did the mega doses because I was desperate for immediate relief, and it really helped with post covid issues. My recommendation to friends and family, after my short very high dose experiment, is to start low and work up gradually. If there are scary or uncomfortable side effects, back down, increase salt and mag chlor, and move forward gradually.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals