Getting Ripped With Dr Peat

managing said:
Vision: I'm game to try, but you need to fill in some blanks:

1. replace testosterone and any other hormones with pregnenolone
Dosage, time of day, times per day?
a total of 1-3 grams of pregnenolone a day, stirred with a little coconut/MCT oil and taken with meals.

2. overfeed with almost hourly pints of nonfat milk and sugar water mixed with fructose and salt (total of 150 grams of protein and 600 grams of sugar per day)
I assume you don't wake up every hour at night to do this? Can you elaborate your sugar+water+fructose+salt formula?
Only if you do happen to wake up, should you have a drink. Mix one part sucrose into one part simmering water. For every tablespoon of this sugar water, add one tablespoon fructose and salt to taste.

3. drink water only when thirsty (plenty of water in your milk)
4. supplement with two tablespoons of coconut oil mixed with MCT (50/50), 3 ounces of liver and cascara.
Doses, time of day, times per day?
coconut/MCT oil should be at night, and the liver early in the day. Take cascara as needed until you have rapid peristalsis (but not diarrhea).

5. scale the training back to non-stress maintenance mode (you don't need more LBM)
If you do need/want more LBM?
I promise you muscle will grow naturally with most non-stress activities, as long as you're sufficiently overfeeding and slightly hyperthyroid (wake up temp should be 98.4) - unless you suffer from stress. Over-training only sends a cascade of stress hormones surging through you, which it takes days or weeks to "recover" from.

6. use a high quality thyroid extract in small amounts spread throughout the day
If substituting pure T3?
a few micrograms of T3 per hour, always with plenty of sugar, plus 40 mcg of T4 and 10 mcg of T3 once a day

7. avoid stress in your life, including excessive alcohol, resistant starch, or PUFAs. If you stick to the nonfat milk and sugar, you'll avoid most stress. If you still feel stress, try lisuride (a legal form of LSD without any risk of overdose).
Where can you get lisuride? Acceptable substitutes?
PM me for the source I use. I don't know of an exact substitute, unless you live in a place where LSD happens not to be illegal. But my first post in this thread suggests other supplements for coping with stress (progesterone, caffeine, aspirin, activated charcoal).

I am 6'2", 205lbs, BF 21%.
So you've got 162 lbs. of lean body mass. This means you will have the Brad Pitt Rip of 7% body fat when you are 174 lbs, as long as you don't lose your current lean body mass from underfeeding or stress.

Why all the disagreement here about whole milk vs skim (2%, 1%)?
When you drink a gallon or more of milk the PUFAs in milk add up, and PUFAs are the mortal enemy of getting ripped, and of being healthy in general.

Any other foods in this regimen, or is it a nearly liquid "diet"?
You can make farmer's cheese or cottage cheese from your gallon of milk. I think tara has posted about how she does this. Be careful about commercial versions of cheese since they may contain enzymes or other additives that create endotoxic stress. Do you like well boiled skinned potatoes, with nonfat milk mixed in? Gelatin and milk and sugar water make a pudding.

[Edit: we'd also like to get some Vitamin C from the juice of ripe oranges (but unripe fruit is loaded with endotoxic stress), and some iodine and trace minerals from a few oysters once a week. And add Vitamin E to the pregnenolone and oil.]

Peating should feel like you are having the time of your life: pleasantly full and stress-free.

Daimyo

@VoS
Thanks for the guide. I'll try to incorporate some points in about 2 months, when I will go to Vietnam. I want to do few more "blasts" (on top of test i will add some more stuff) before I try to get off testosterone. It's better to stay on and not doing "cycles". Then having high natural testosterone level will be beneficial for keeping gains.

Will nutrients in liver and milk be enough?
Does your diet have gelatine in it?

Daimyo said:
@VoS
Thanks for the guide. I'll try to incorporate some points in about 2 months, when I will go to Vietnam. I want to do few more "blasts" (on top of test i will add some more stuff) before I try to get off testosterone. It's better to stay on and not doing "cycles". Then having high natural testosterone level will be beneficial for keeping gains.

Peating done this way lets you achieve natural testosterone levels that are quite high, in the range of 1000-1500 ng/dl. But such high natural testosterone requires that you have extremely low stress, as measured, for example, by prolactin. The idea is that the body can only afford to secrete high testosterone when the environment is safe and stress-free. When confronted with stress, the body turns to the stress hormones of the adrenal gland, which have the effect of reducing testosterone.

Daimyo said:
Will nutrients in liver and milk be enough?

Yes, for nutrients we'd also like to get some Vitamin C from the juice of ripe oranges (but unripe fruit is loaded with endotoxic stress), and some iodine and trace minerals from a few oysters once a week. And add Vitamin E to the pregnenolone and oil. [Thanks for catching this, I'll edit the guide to reflect your comment!]

Daimyo said:
Does your diet have gelatine in it?

This guide assumes that you are young and don't yet suffer from degenerative illnesses. Those with degenerative illnesses may want to start peating with smaller amounts of milk and sugar, and add gelatin protein instead, which may be easier to digest, and gradually build up; and if diet alone doesn't work, may also want to use more stress antagonists, such as progesterone, magnesium, caffeine, aspirin, activated charcoal, and possibly even more E, K2 and thiamine and niacinamide - and of course, more CO2, which is the master hormone that controls all others.

jyb

visionofstrength said:
Yes, for nutrients we'd also like to get some Vitamin C from the juice of ripe oranges (but unripe fruit is loaded with endotoxic stress)

Are you sure? I thought that oranges are relatively safe in that regard, though probably you wouldn't get as much nutrients if unripe.

jyb said:
Are you sure? I thought that oranges are relatively safe in that regard, though probably you wouldn't get as much nutrients if unripe.

I think it's hard to be sure. How ripe is unripe? Generally, though, it seems high levels of acids in unripe fruits (citric, malic, tartaric) or perhaps other unknown allergens, by whatever means, lead to mild endotoxemia and prevent the liver from making T3.

OP
C

Curt :-)

@visionofstrength, loving your posts mate. Great info. I am switching to a diet of mostly non fat milk, plus some oysters, eggs, etc, for extra nutrients. I will report any changes :):

jyb

visionofstrength said:
I think it's hard to be sure. How ripe is unripe? Generally, though, it seems high levels of acids in unripe fruits (citric, malic, tartaric) or perhaps other unknown allergens, by whatever means, lead to mild endotoxemia and prevent the liver from making T3.

An average grocery store orange of the juicy type. Don't know how ripe they are, but the juice is drinkable there is at least some sugar in them. How can an acid lead to endotoxemia?

jyb said:
visionofstrength said:
How ripe is unripe? Generally, though, it seems high levels of acids in unripe fruits (citric, malic, tartaric) or perhaps other unknown allergens, by whatever means, lead to mild endotoxemia and prevent the liver from making T3.

An average grocery store orange of the juicy type. Don't know how ripe they are, but the juice is drinkable there is at least some sugar in them.

Average grocery store citrus tends to be picked green and will then color up from gases even as much as six months later, but the good news is it ripens from the inside out, so at least the inside should be ripe. But for daily peating of 600 grams of sugar, I prefer sugar: you know what you're getting, and the bang for the buck is greater.

jyb said:
How can an acid lead to endotoxemia?

My sense is there is a constant signalling process of the collective consciousness of plants and animals. Eating ripe fruit signals a surplus of food and increases the animal's metabolism (via making t3), while eating unripe fruit signals a scarcity and slows the animal down (via endotoxemia).

While the mechanisms of this signalling are not known, acids and allergens are some candidates we've identified as possibilities, and there may be others we don't know about yet - but this entire consciousness of nature seems mediated somehow by levels of CO2.

managing

I am planning on trying this as soon as I can get the proper materials together. To potentially add to your guide is some discussion of how it can go wrong, things to watch for, potential adjustments, maybe whether it should be eased into, or jumped into all at once.

Not trying to be a downer, just like to look at the whole picture.

My main concern is as someone who has had insulin resistance issues. 600 grams of sugar in 16 waking hours is 37.5g/h. That isn't off the charts, but I am expecting trouble managing it. But I am also concerned that easing into it could be wrong headed (as could diving into it).

managing said:
My main concern is as someone who has had insulin resistance issues. 600 grams of sugar in 16 waking hours is 37.5g/h.

The diagnosis of "Insulin-resistance" involves the failure to convert glucose, or starch made up of glucose, efficiently to glycogen, mostly in the presence of some sort of stress; and as the body runs out of glycogen, insulin is secreted and glucose is then stored as fat.

It's as if the body is trying to conserve energy in anticipation of whatever stress is present. For example, the very act of eating resistant starch may itself signal stress, since resistant starch is designed by above-ground plants to be difficult to digest. In turn, the process of digesting resistant starch may send some signal to your liver to slow down the metabolic process of making T3.

But the peating routine is really designed to avoid insulin resistance/glucose intolerance entirely, because the sugar water/fructose combo is only about one quarter glucose. The other three quarters of fructose bypasses the glucose to-fat path, and protects the body from running out of glycogen. Plus, it's pretty hard to run out of glycogen when you are having sugar every hour. (Of course, you still can, if you over-train.)

One more reason why you may not handle sugar well is the amount of PUFAs in your tissue, which can range as high as 20%, but should be as low as 2% or less. PUFAs interfere with the efficient metabolism of glucose, and also cause glucose to be converted to fat.

Time out for rant: The marketing of PUFAs is a scam perpetrated on the public so that the ten major food corporations, which control all national food brands in the US, can extract enormous profit from the waste products they would otherwise need to pay to dispose of -- namely, vegetable and fish oils. Indeed, RP asks why such degradation of the food supply cannot be punished as a crime.

Back on point: This is why it's so important to minimize PUFAs with nonfat milk and sugar, and grow muscle naturally with non-stress training. Non-stress activity of growing muscles is the best way to absorb PUFAs harmlessly. It's also why you need coconut/MCT oil, which is made up of saturated fatty acids that push PUFAs aside.

Finally, if you've been diagnosed with a condition such as "insulin-resistance" or "pre-diabetes", then you may have some other, underlying degenerative condition brought on by stress, perhaps in an early stage. If so, it certainly doesn't hurt to supplement with other stress antagonists (CO2, progesterone, gelatin, caffeine, aspirin, activated charcoal, and vitamins E, K2-MK4 and niacinamide). Here, the enemy of your enemy is your friend.

dukez07

Just drink skimmed milk. It works for me. Insulin is one of the most anabolic hormones in the body. Keep your fat intake low, and drink lots of milk. I have seen growth over the last 9 months. I don't work out at all (too lazy), and yet I am ripped. I'm not in the same league as body builders, but then, that's not my scene.

Milk with more fat will lower your body's response to insulin. Oh, and the growth hormones in milk also play their part.

Whether the rapid growth from milk consumption is healthy, that's a completely different topic.

Filip1993 said:
How much fresh OJ do you supplement with everyday?

I don't have a trusted source of fruit so I have only what I seem to want. Perhaps because it's not completely ripe, it seems I just don't want more than maybe a cup or two a day on average. I mix it with gelatin and salt to taste.

aquaman

visionofstrength said:
Mix one part sucrose into one part simmering water. For every tablespoon of this sugar water, add one tablespoon fructose and salt to taste.

So literally one cup of water with 1 cup sucrose?

aquaman said:
So literally one cup of water with 1 cup sucrose?

Yes, anything much more than that and it becomes super-saturated, and then crystallizes again when it cools.

BingDing

Not that it makes a bit of difference to this thread, but 4 cups sugar and 2 cups water makes almost exactly a quart of syrup, which is handy if you have a glass quart that milk came in. Doesn't recrystallize. I start them cold together, just as it comes to a boil the sugar melts and it turns clear.

It's an interesting phase change experiment if you're a science nerd; the temperature is well over 212*, why does the water not boil until the sugar melts?

To get back on topic, the Clarence Bass program is working great for me. I did lat pulldowns and curls on Friday, it took about 5 minutes.

BingDing said:
4 cups sugar and 2 cups water ... Doesn't recrystallize.

Ah, your experience trumps. :hattip I was merely calculating from solubility tables* and I had heard that bartenders mix simple syrup at 5/4.

BingDing said:
the Clarence Bass program is working great for me. I did lat pulldowns and curls on Friday, it took about 5 minutes.
But yes, more importantly, what, a 5 minute workout? Gotta love it! How did you learn the Clarence Bass protocol?

[*185 grams of sugar saturates 100 ml of water at the temperature of cold milk, and a ml of sugar weighs 1.56 grams. So maximum saturation by volume of sugar should be (I thought) 185/1.56 (or 119 ml), or a little more than 1 to 1.]

BingDing

You had it right for dissolving at room temperature, VoS. Heating the sugar to its melting point is different; when the syrup cools it becomes a subcooled liquid. You can use any proportion of sugar and water you want. The first time I tried it I used 4 parts sugar and 1 part water. It worked, but it did start to recrystallize after a couple days. Be a good recipe to make rock candy, I'd guess.

dd99 talked about Clarence Bass upthread, he got good results with it. And I'll thank him again for the tip!

dd99

You're welcome, bingding! Glad it's helping.

I'm applying the Bass program to kettlebells now. Once or twice a week (depending on energy levels and motivation), I do:

Workout A: double swings, double front squats, double clean and press, chinups, Turkish getups
Workout B: double swings, double lunges, double floor press, renegade rows, Turkish getups

I do one set to - as Dan John, the great strength coach, puts it - a 'comfortable stop', i.e. not to failure, but getting towards it. With a bit of mobility work beforehand (rocking, rolling, crawling and hangs), the whole workout takes about 15 minutes.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals