Is the Ray Peat "diet" a difficult diet?

Beebop

narouz said:
Well, it was a bit of mental feat for me to make myself think RAW kale tasted good.

I once ate raw kale and knew exactly how my body felt about it! :toiletclaw :lol:

Jenn said:
So we have to take a longer view and pay attention to how we feel after eating what we think tastes good.

I agree with this.

I didn't use to think I had cravings. Now I notice I do, some large, some subtle.
When I had my first cup of coffee in a decade a few weeks ago I craved MOAR coffee all day! :coffee

I started eating a bit of cheese this past year at a time when I thought I had a dairy allergy. The cheese made me feel so good that I carried on eating it. But it caused me a fair bit of anxiety. I think I was still imagining some of the horrible things I'd been told about cheese. Now I'll eat cheese all day long! Punctuated only by eating ice-cream :D

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Rolan

kiran said:
You're right narouz, kale tastes good. Makes me feel bad if i eat too much, but still tastes good.

To me, raw Kale is inedible due to the bitter taste and prickly texture of it's leaves. Only frying with a s**t load of butter makes it remotely edible, and even then it's like eating my cat's string ball. Little wonder Vegans need to juice the s**t outta everything.

The same goes with most raw vegetable with the exception of, perhaps ironically, raw carrot. Broccolli? Try burping after chewing a stem - smells BAD. That said, I remember once eating my Mum's raw cauliflower, and noticing how tender and soft it was. So perhaps it's in the source... :?

Rolan

Jenn said:
I think women do have different needs then men. We have ovaries and they do not. We bleed monthly, they do not.

I don't want to be the same as a man, nor treated as such.

I have often thought of this when looking at vegans. I've seen many raw vegan woman and notice how they actually look really good(for the time being atleast, or perhaps just the younger ones), but then see the men and think how terrible and weak they ALL look. RawBrahs the exception :lol:

montmorency

We went to a cafe not far from the seaside in Boscombe Down (near Bournemouth) recently. It was called the "Boscanova", which we thought pretty good.

It was slightly hippyish and alternative, and offered (among many other things) "full English" breakfasts in 3 different versions:

1. Your standard "full-English" with bacon, sausages, egg, etc (I think including black puddings...a sinful but nice delicacy).

2. "Vegetarian full-english". Vegetarian fake sausages and things, egg. leaves and stuff.

3. "Vegan full-English". Vegan fake everything, no egg, leaves and stuff.

There were three of us, so like the 3 bears, we each had one of the above, and I thought I'd be a devil and try the vegan one.

It actually tasted quite nice. As I was hungry I even swallowed down the bread-y thing, whatever it was, although I normally avoid bread, and have done for years. I dread to think of whatever PUFAs were involved. I will have to find some way or other of burning them out, but to be honest, it tasted fine, and I felt no ill-effects..

Oh yes, and the women in there looked great. I don't know if they were actually vegans though. My daughter mocked my pronunciation of vegan (VAYgan, instead of VEEgan). Hey, ho, women are from Mars, men are from VAYgan...or whatever it is. Tomaytos, tomahtoes, they are still members of the nightshade family. Let's call the whole thing off...

It was great to be at the seaside. A fantastic sunshine and vitamin D fest. And the opportunity to "earth" or "ground" on wet sand.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals