Improving Liver Function Before Going Full Peat? Dealing With Abdominal Fat

nikotrope

Peata said:
especially because of the bloat from all the liquid.

It reminds me that I couldn't handle drinking lots of liquids and felt bloated at 500ml milk (more in the afternoon than the morning) even with lots of sugar and salt with it. And can now drink up to 1l without a problem.

narouz

Peata said:
...I love how I feel on the caffeine - energy, alertness, talkative, feel more social in a group, a little more motivation (except I can't focus on "close work" like writing as much until later in the evening when most of it has worn off), and a lot more dancing when I'm alone. But, it has its negatives too.

Thank you, Peata.
So...the descriptor that comes to mind, often,
with caffeine is "wired."
Do you feel wired on the caffeine at the dosage you're taking?

I think maybe I sensed this in the background of niko's characterization...?

And what about its appetite suppressing properties--
it does have that, doesn't it?
niko said he didn't keep up,
eating enough for his increased metabolism....

narouz said:
Thank you, Peata.

It looks like you're quietly trying to start a debate between coffee and caffeine. Feel free to start another topic so this doesn't get derailed. Otherwise the reason most of us use caffeine tablets/powder is to accurately measure our dosage and/or for convenience. Simple.

narouz

cantstoppeating said:
It looks like you're quietly trying to start a debate between coffee and caffeine. Feel free to start another topic so this doesn't get derailed. Otherwise the point most of us use caffeine tablets/powder is to accurately measure our dosage and/or for convenience. Simple.

Actually...I'm not.
But thanks for sharing.

So anyway, getting the liver in good shape before going full into Peating, I've gleaned the following:

• moderate amounts of sugar
  • reduce glucose (eliminate starch), and focus on consuming fructose (fructose powder, oranges, watermelon)
  • caffeine
  • vitamin K2
  • Vitamin B1 (thiamine) & B2 (riboflavin)
  • taurine

Hat tip to Haidut's recent insights:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5842&p=69619#p69619

nikotrope

thiamine = b1

I would also add glycine in addition to taurine. And niacinamide also to lower free fatty acids and helps with sugar burning and glycogen storage in the liver. And aspirin and vitamin E to block estrogen which will help the liver.

I've just bought energin from haidut to get b vitamins without focusing on one specifically. I also just got estroban because getting liver in Japan is not easy (they sell beef liver like sashimi, cut in thin pieces and you eat that raw!)

Peata

narouz said:
Peata said:
...I love how I feel on the caffeine - energy, alertness, talkative, feel more social in a group, a little more motivation (except I can't focus on "close work" like writing as much until later in the evening when most of it has worn off), and a lot more dancing when I'm alone. But, it has its negatives too.

Thank you, Peata.

I guess you could call it wired. It was affecting my sleep - couldn't fall asleep well, would wake up in night, sleep didn't feel deep. And was having some anxiety feelings during the day. So I lowered the amount I'm supplementing and it's all fine now. I'm still getting 400 mg. or more but getting it in coffees more than the supplement now. (instead of 200 mg x 2 of supplement and a latte.... now I'm doing x cups of coffee, latte, and 100 mg. supp)

I could feel some appetite suppression but i ate anyway at regular intervals because I didn't want to run into headaches from not supplying enough fuel, like what happened with the niacinamide experiment.

Peata

ARO pure caffeine capsules. Then Jet Alert tablets because I could cut them easy and not have to open capsules and pour out powder.

Peata

nikotrope said:
And niacinamide also to lower free fatty acids and helps with sugar burning and glycogen storage in the liver. And aspirin ...which will help the liver.

I'm still not sure on niacinamide and aspirin for those who already have liver problems. I tried them both and did not receive any benefit, (it's possible things worsened, but I don't know for sure). But I thought I read somewhere on the forum that taking those while having liver issues could prevent the effect we want. So i'm confused on that is all. I will have to search for it unless someone already knows.

haidut

Forum Supporter
cantstoppeating said:
So anyway, getting the liver in good shape before going full into Peating, I've gleaned the following:

• moderate amounts of sugar
  • reduce glucose (eliminate starch), and focus on consuming fructose (fructose powder, oranges, watermelon)
  • caffeine
  • vitamin K2
  • Vitamin B1 (thiamine) & B2 (riboflavin)
  • taurine

Hat tip to Haidut's recent insights:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5842&p=69619#p69619

If you need more options, I would add to the mix phosphatidylcholine (4g daily in divided doses) and butyric acid. You can get phosphatidylcholine from most vitamin stores and butyric acid is available from some vendors online. Both substances are prescribed in some European countries and Malaysia for various liver conditions including fatty liver.

dd99

Sorry for a potentially stupid question, but when people say x mg of caffeine doesn't give them jitters, etc and that demonstrates a healthy liver, is that caffeine with sugar or is the test caffeine on its own? Because even a few hundred mg of caffeine on its own would give me jitters but 500mg a day with food is fine.

nikotrope

I never take caffeine without food but in the morning I take 200mg caffeine with only an cup of OJ and I don't get jittery. At that point I think I could take it without food. But if your glycogen stores are full and your liver is healthy, taking this kind of dose on an empty stomach is not a problem.

north

I took the caffeine niacin amide aspirin combo, and at first i felt good but after a few days i started getting serious fatigue and sleep issues... No jittery effect at all, just felt very mentally and physically fatigued... I stopped the high caffeine (and the others) and it subsided within 36-48 hours.
I guess it stimulated cortisol or something like that...

narouz

Peata said:
narouz said:
Peata said:

Thank you, Peata.

I guess you could call it wired. It was affecting my sleep - couldn't fall asleep well, would wake up in night, sleep didn't feel deep. And was having some anxiety feelings during the day. So I lowered the amount I'm supplementing and it's all fine now. I'm still getting 400 mg. or more but getting it in coffees more than the supplement now. (instead of 200 mg x 2 of supplement and a latte.... now I'm doing x cups of coffee, latte, and 100 mg. supp)

I could feel some appetite suppression but i ate anyway at regular intervals because I didn't want to run into headaches from not supplying enough fuel, like what happened with the niacinamide experiment.

Thanks, Peata.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Peata said:
nikotrope said:
And niacinamide also to lower free fatty acids and helps with sugar burning and glycogen storage in the liver. And aspirin ...which will help the liver.

I'm still not sure on niacinamide and aspirin for those who already have liver problems. I tried them both and did not receive any benefit, (it's possible things worsened, but I don't know for sure). But I thought I read somewhere on the forum that taking those while having liver issues could prevent the effect we want. So i'm confused on that is all. I will have to search for it unless someone already knows.
I do wonder Peata if the niacinamide and aspirin were working in opposition to the metformin and causing some issues for you. I would be interested to hear from someone more versed in pharmacology on that train of thought. :?:

Peata

Maybe someone has info. I just know the Metformin used to do something, but it seemed to stop, maybe 2013/2014 for sure. Another time or two I seemed to get insulin resistance from SSRI's and so I don't know if it was working then either. I went off it several times but eventually went back on because i thought being on it was better just in case. Once again, I'm conflicted on whether to continue with it.

Peata

My tongue startled me when I saw it in the mirror tonight because it's vibrant, healthy color all over. I'm used to seeing a patchy, thick white coating that doesn't brush off.

I read somewhere that its representative of what's going on in your GI tract. Maybe it's because I stopped eating starch.

tara

Peata said:
My tongue startled me when I saw it in the mirror tonight because it's vibrant, healthy color all over. I'm used to seeing a patchy, thick white coating that doesn't brush off.

I read somewhere that its representative of what's going on in your GI tract. Maybe it's because I stopped eating starch.
Nice. :)

OP
P

panda

Well, abdominal fat continues increasing. Waist=43 and Weight=237 now, which is worrying me and it's kind of stressful.
In the last 2 weeks, I think I gain like 6 pounds, I need to think hard about what happened. That's the thing, with so many variables and some pretty important (like the withdrawal of benzos, anxiety, depression), it's pretty hard to point out which is causing what.
I'd say, in general I feel good, still I'm pretty concerned with the abdominal fat, pretty hard for me to think that increasing inches it's a sign of health.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals