Glycogen Storage Vs Hyperinsulinemia

I'm trying to wrap my head around all of the mechanisms of hypoglycemia.

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/921258-treatment
"The glucose output from the liver is 2-3 mg/kg/min in adults. Infants and children have a greater need for glucose and have a maximal output estimated at 5-7 mg/kg/min. Patients with hyperinsulinism may require very high glucose infusion rates (20-30 mg/kg/min) to maintain normoglycemia. Attempts should be made to keep blood glucose levels at 60 mg/dL or higher at all times."

If you have too much insulin in the blood, you constantly draw more glucose from the liver a minute than a healthy adult?

So even if you have the best glycogen stores, it seems like the high insulin levels are constantly draining your glycogen and stressing the liver.

Also: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11916913

"We conclude that intraislet hyperinsulinemia prevents the glucagon response to hypoglycemia despite an intact autonomic response and a low alpha-cell glucose concentration."

So too much insulin in the blood does not allow for proper glucagon response to raise blood sugar when it gets too low. You feel faint or pass out instead of enduring the stress like a healthy person.

I know we eat frequently to keep blood sugar stable but can eating too frequently be a cause of hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance? Most hormones in the body follow some type of cycle and are never constant. If you are constantly snacking, sure blood sugar is stable in the short term but insulin will always be in the blood. There would not be any "charge/discharge" to keep the cell sensitive to insulin. Where does leptin fit into the picture?

I know fructose is known to not stimulate insulin short term, but it is accused of causing hyperinsulinemia in the long term by some. I noticed the only way you can live off of fructose or sucrose for a majority of carbs is to eat it very frequently.

Anyone have any thoughts?

OP
E
"Although fructose does not stimulate insulin secretion in the short term (41), the insulin resistance and obesity induced by long-term fructose feeding in experimental animals induces compensatory hyperinsulinemia. Blakely et al (93)"

I know in this study the rats were fed pure fructose, but many people on this forum supplement the same thing lol.

Mauritio

bump

InChristAlone

"Although fructose does not stimulate insulin secretion in the short term (41), the insulin resistance and obesity induced by long-term fructose feeding in experimental animals induces compensatory hyperinsulinemia. Blakely et al (93)"

I know in this study the rats were fed pure fructose, but many people on this forum supplement the same thing lol.
Maybe fructose is what caused my reactive hypoglycemia!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals