"training Our Bodies To Deal With Glucose"

SQu

that's what I.thought, that the return of hunger was a sign of a normalizing appetite and metabolism? Throughout my years of worst metabolic damage and energy problems I've felt little hunger or appetite for anything. Lack of such signs is not correlated with better health in my case.

OP
managing

managing

Glitche: "Give me a run down of what you'd do for exercise."

Dumbells. Not entirely concentric, but I focus on the concentric portion, ie, returning the weight to neutral I do a 5 count.
Flat Bench, standing curl 10 x 3

Chest Expander. Again, 5 count through release 10 x 3

Kettle Bell Swing. 20 x 3. No real way to make this emphasize the concentric movement, but I love what it does for lower body and core strength.

OP
managing

managing

such saturation: Thanks. I've only been really pushing the sugar issue for a few weeks (mostly with success), so 50g of sugar would still cause too much of a BG spike for me. But in coming days I may try a small dose of niacinamide with 25g sugar and see how that goes.

Gl;itch.e

managing said:
Glitche: "Give me a run down of what you'd do for exercise."

Dumbells. Not entirely concentric, but I focus on the concentric portion, ie, returning the weight to neutral I do a 5 count.
Flat Bench, standing curl 10 x 3

Chest Expander. Again, 5 count through release 10 x 3
Im a little confused with your description there. So you mean you are doing a slow 5 second "raising/concentric" followed by a quick "lowering/eccentric"? If so theres no reason to go so slow on the concentric portion. Lift quickly and lower under control, but not so slow that you cause too much eccentric time under tension and excessive muscle damage.

Kettle Bell Swing. 20 x 3. No real way to make this emphasize the concentric movement, but I love what it does for lower body and core strength.
Likewise explosive/quick movements are great for the concentric portion of exercises. It recruits more total muscle fibres than lifting slowly.

Looks like you might be training at home. You need something more difficult for the larger muscles of the legs and back in order for maximum glucose use and storage capacity. if you think about it, working the arms (which might account for 10-15% of total muscle mass) isnt going to effect glucose usage as much as working legs and back (which might account for upwards of 70% of total muscle mass).

OP
managing

managing

Sounds like I got concentric and eccentric backwards. Easy to remedy. Good to hear that the kettle bell swing is more concentric than I thought. That is the best option I have for my core and lower body right now. That and the chest expander (you know, two handles connected by springs).

Gl;itch.e

managing said:
Sounds like I got concentric and eccentric backwards. Easy to remedy. Good to hear that the kettle bell swing is more concentric than I thought. That is the best option I have for my core and lower body right now. That and the chest expander (you know, two handles connected by springs).
The best concentric exercises (without a significant eccentric portion) you could do would be some form of dragging (either pushing or pulling a sled, tire etc) and throwing something heavy (large rock, medicine ball etc).

Suikerbuik

From another point of view. Virusses (EBV at least) can induce the warburg effect. Although since following some advices given by Peat which have taken care of all my warts by now (warts are known to be caused by virusses). I think this aspect could certainly be of much more importance compared to food, which many people are already applying. This example also explains, just a little bit though, what I mean with the 'involvement' of the immune system (this is just a small single piece of the whole). And the complexity of mitochondrial issues, as seen in the first pages you can see what HIF1a does to mitochondrial development (the link).

Summarized in one of those paragraphs:
.... where there is adequate oxygen but high levels of HIF-1α. This results in the inhibition of the mitochondrial transcription factor, TFAM, which inhibits the expression of mtDNA. As a result, mitochondria do not produce the proteins encoded in mitochondrial DNA that are required for “forward electron transport” and ATP production.

BACKGROUND:
Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) encodes six nuclear transformation-associated proteins that induce extensive changes in cellular gene expression and signaling and induce B-cell transformation. The role of HIF1A in EBV-induced B-cell immortalization has not been previously studied.
METHODS AND FINDINGS:
Using Western blotting and Q-PCR, we found that HIF1A protein is stabilized in EBV-transformed lymphoblastoid cells. Western blotting, GST pulldown assays, and immunoprecipitation showed that EBV-encoded nuclear antigens EBNA-5 and EBNA-3 bind to prolylhydroxylases 1 and 2, respectively, thus inhibiting HIF1A hydroxylation and degradation. Immunostaining and Q-PCR showed that the stabilized HIF1A translocates to the nucleus, forms a heterodimer with ARNT, and transactivates several genes involved in aerobic glycolysis. Using biochemical assays and Q-PCR, we also found that lymphoblastoid cells produce high levels of lactate, lactate dehydrogenase and pyruvate.
CONCLUSIONS:
Our data suggest that activation of the aerobic glycolytic pathway, corresponding to the Warburg effect, occurs in EBV-transformed lymphoblastoid cells, in contrast to mitogen-activated B-cells.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22848707

tara

Suikerbuik said:
From another point of view. Virusses (EBV at least) can induce the warburg effect. Although since following some advices given by Peat which have taken care of all my warts by now (warts are known to be caused by virusses). I think this aspect could certainly be of much more importance compared to food, which many people are already applying. This example also explains, just a little bit though, what I mean with the 'involvement' of the immune system (this is just a small single piece of the whole).
Care to elaborate on what helped deal with warts?

Gl;itch.e

tara said:
Suikerbuik said:
From another point of view. Virusses (EBV at least) can induce the warburg effect. Although since following some advices given by Peat which have taken care of all my warts by now (warts are known to be caused by virusses). I think this aspect could certainly be of much more importance compared to food, which many people are already applying. This example also explains, just a little bit though, what I mean with the 'involvement' of the immune system (this is just a small single piece of the whole).
Care to elaborate on what helped deal with warts?
Yeah, way to leave us hanging Suikerbuik! :):

jet9

I do use a glucometer. Right now, I sip OJ, milk, eat fruit, all day. I have learned to throttle it so that my BG stays between say 100 and 110. It doesn't take much sugar for this. This is great, and really makes me feel good. But now I want to build up so that if I am going to be away from a steady sugar source, I can frontload and last longer and not experience a huge spike or crash.
and
OJ and whole milk are my main sources of daily sugar. A little at a time. Oddly enough, I tolerate starch well in the evening (just had a fine plate of sweet potato fries), but not during the day. The tamale was a test, which I failed. Because I have seen signs of improvement. But not enough for a tamale.
Thanks for the Vit A/K tip. Good to know. What is the mechanism by which Coca Cola will reduce serum calcium? Is it the phosphate (in which case all sodas would work)?

could you provide updates to your experiments ?
In the end did you find that "spread out" sugar consumption is best for your blood sugar levels or did you find a way to "frontload and last longer" ?
Also did you find a way to improve starch tolerance to tolerate it earlier in the day ?

Philomath

From another point of view. Virusses (EBV at least) can induce the warburg effect. Although since following some advices given by Peat which have taken care of all my warts by now (warts are known to be caused by virusses). I think this aspect could certainly be of much more importance compared to food, which many people are already applying. This example also explains, just a little bit though, what I mean with the 'involvement' of the immune system (this is just a small single piece of the whole). And the complexity of mitochondrial issues, as seen in the first pages you can see what HIF1a does to mitochondrial development (the link).

Summarized in one of those paragraphs:

Epstein-Barr virus immortalization of human B-cells leads to stabilization of hypoxia-induced factor 1 alpha, congruent with the Warburg effect. - PubMed - NCBI
I wonder if this is why anti-viral drugs like Mebendazole and Fenbendazole are effective in treating cancer

OP
managing

managing

and

could you provide updates to your experiments ?
In the end did you find that "spread out" sugar consumption is best for your blood sugar levels or did you find a way to "frontload and last longer" ?
Also did you find a way to improve starch tolerance to tolerate it earlier in the day ?
That wsa a long time ago. I was coming from low carb, which is why I was having trouble with carbs and sugar. Little by little, became more capable of handling them w/o blood sugar spikes. I pretty much do as I want/need now. I think it was just important to ease into it. A little bit, all day long and then building up at mealtime little by little worked.

jet9

That wsa a long time ago. I was coming from low carb, which is why I was having trouble with carbs and sugar. Little by little, became more capable of handling them w/o blood sugar spikes. I pretty much do as I want/need now. I think it was just important to ease into it. A little bit, all day long and then building up at mealtime little by little worked.
You handle both sugars and starches now well ? Including starches in the morning ?
(For some reason I still can’t do starches in the morning without crashing 3 hours later)

OP
managing

managing

You handle both sugars and starches now well ? Including starches in the morning ?
(For some reason I still can’t do starches in the morning without crashing 3 hours later)
Yes. That is likely to be related to cortisol, which is highest in the morning. Have you measured morning/fasting blood glucose?

jet9

Yes. That is likely to be related to cortisol, which is highest in the morning. Have you measured morning/fasting blood glucose?
yes,

when i eat starches (potatoes, sweet potatoes) only for dinner and exercise during the day my blood sugar upon walking up is ~72 mg/dl.
when i eat lots of wrong fruits during date (date spike me) + starches for dinner than by blood sugar upon walking up is ~90 mg/dl
when i eat only fruits without starches than my blood sugar upon walking up ~75 mg/dl

Seems like i do better eating either only fruit or only starches, at least blood sugar wise.

OP
managing

managing

yes,

when i eat starches (potatoes, sweet potatoes) only for dinner and exercise during the day my blood sugar upon walking up is ~72 mg/dl.
when i eat lots of wrong fruits during date (date spike me) + starches for dinner than by blood sugar upon walking up is ~90 mg/dl
when i eat only fruits without starches than my blood sugar upon walking up ~75 mg/dl

Seems like i do better eating either only fruit or only starches, at least blood sugar wise.
I would consider trying things that lower your cortisol in the AM (or the night before). Still working on finding what is optimal for me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals