Stress: How Reversible Is The Damage From It Really?

It's touted a lot that stress is a major contributor to illness and possibly even lowered lifespans. I mean there are countless other factors, but let's simply look at this from a "stress as an organism damaging mechanism" angle -- hopefully that makes sense! Let's think of stress as anxiety, long work hours, trauma, fear, natural distresses and etc.

Some will see stress as a partially or fully adaptive thing (what doesn't kill me makes me stronger) -- others more so as any distress being damaging possibly indefinitely.

My immediate ideas are: Is stress damaging because it causes irreversible damage? Or is it damaging because it spirals in to further destructive mechanisms? How and to what extent? I mean you can look at genes and see there are apparently correlations with poverty and epigenetic markers of some sorts, however that works for/against one.

Does this mean "stress damage" is written in our DNA/genes, you could say? But is that problematic even, just because you could (looking at this in a computerized sense) "store" stress somehow as a "marker" of some purpose in memory, genes, etc.? I don't think looking at it this way is right.

It's talked about avoiding it a lot here. But is that only because it's presumed to be irreversible 100%? In other words, "once the damage is done....." If you presume it affects your lifespan, obviously you'd be inclined to avoid it. But I don't know if anyone knows for certain how this method of action works with stress and lifespan deliberately and/or why/how. Like we could say we know it contributes to 'X' but we don't fully know what can be done to render this ineffective.

Because we follow the bioenergetic model here. If we repair and revitalize indefinitely, why should any stress matter so long as it doesn't act as a direct impediment/destructive agent deliberately affecting our longevity?

Supplements are presented as a means to "combat stress." Are we combating it successfully? If so, why avoid it? I want to know if avoiding stress is more a mechanism to extend life, or a way to avoid pitfalls throughout it, lifespan unaffected?

If I knew I could break past 100 guards and nothing from that experience would have any directly attributable, ultimate outcome that I knew would affect my life, why avoid it? I wouldn't like how it feels, but the stress wouldn't be the prime suspect in my decay in this sense.

The "avoid stress" argument seems partially reasoned as if stress is a guaranteed impediment that one cannot reverse. Is this not against the Peat sense? I mean, sure, avoid it if it's not good for you -- but should we treat it like something we can't "get rid of" in a damage sense, psychologically/genetically/etc.?

I don't think we should always view stress as something that must be forever weighing on us, any way you want to look at it. Like if we imagine stress as painting with a permanent marker on a wall, we can't simply wipe it off easily -- therefore we would avoid any permanent markers/using them on walls because once they're put their, they cannot be "cleaned" of the mark/permanence of them.

I've heard of stories of horribly stressed/weakened/damaged people who turn everything around and it even shows on their face/body movements/etc. (that stress is like a thing of the past for them -- they've "healed it away" in a sense).

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals