Thyroglossal Duct Cyst And I Have No Gallbladder. Any Input?

morgan#1

I am so grateful for RPF, I'm hooked. It's like an adrenaline rush for me. Because I just started peating, I'm dealing with a lot now, no energy, so tired in am and then I get solid energy for a bit. This forum has saved me; I've been listening to a lot of Ray and whatever interviewer he has. So, so good and the truth is very exciting. It's like a hope that in itself gives me energy. I feel so relaxed now after I've been peating, unfortunately I get tired to often for my liking. But I know that the body is getting used to things. When I was introduced to Ray Peat I had an agenda (it was a little more than 3 years ago): I wanted my hormones in balance, and I heard that Ray and Dr. Lee were progesterone advocates. And my progesterone was non-existent. I had no idea about the repercussions of diet on my life and hormones. Probably my life is like a marionette of my hormones, so I'm trying to settle in and be really happy, not adrenaline or cortisol "happy". my mind is so much better and I know I'm finally down the right path. I was an adrenaline junky, worked out 6 days; weight lifting for 30, cardio for 45 to 60, dripping with sweat. Now, I've stopped that. The ironic thing is that I'm too tired! I was bulimic for about 20+ years. That stopped more than 3 years ago. But I was still damaging my body, although I was eating around 2,500 calories. I was going to the gym 5-6 days and still doing massive cardio. Looking back, all I wanted was to feel better, adrenaline and cortisol can definitely do that!
Let's see. If anyone reads this and wants to chime in, (random order).
One of the reasons I'm writing this is because I had a thyroglossal duct cyst (operated on) when I was around 5.

TSH is 1.5
T3 is 124 (range is 80-200)
asked for T4, of course they didn't do it
Prolactin is 9.4 (r 5-23)

So this from a layperson's view seems to be fine, maybe even more than fine.

As well I don't have a gallbladder. I had it taken out in my bulimia days, I gather the hordes of fatty foods did a number on my organs. That was around 15 years ago.

As a side note I've found through Cronometer that I'm ingesting a lot of vitamin A and K. K is because I eat spinach with my eggs in the morning. Are there any symptoms or repercussions to look out for. I'm just not clear on what to look out for. On Cronometer I'm eating around 3,000 calories and 300-500 grams carbohydrates and 100-120 grams protein. Interesting that I'm not gaining any weight. Amazing how peating, each food is for a specific purpose, minerals and vitamins in balance. Any questions about what I eat, or suggestions to what I might eat to make my diet more optimal would be gladly appreciated. Oh I'm female 5'4, muscular weighing 116...I wanna push to 120 but I'm not quite ready. I do have a hard time waking up, I gather that's because of my (assumingly) high cortisol. As well I have an issue with left ear, I gather that's from gut bacteria. I'm taking a few supplements, if you wanna know specifics let me know. I am taking progesterone (around 60mg) almost every day. I give myself a break for a few days, I'm thinking then it will be more potent (could be wrong?). Also I'm taking pregnanolone and DHEA. Ok, whoever read this far, thank you!

Stilgar

I think bulimia, thyroid cysts, gallbladder problems etc all stem from a high endotoxin load, increasing estrogen, serotonin etc. It is a hard vicious cycle to get out of, and sounds like you have struggled from an early age. I developed a large thyroid cyst/cancer, had a long phases of anorexia, loved long endurance cardio, and they were definitely all linked to my gut. Your body makes you adapt in strange ways, because your body perceives it as a temporary relief of your poor energy state. Long-term is where the damage starts. You are doing well to be eating 3000 kcal, and your cronometer stats seem great. Try not to focus on the macros too much - try to focus on what feels good.

Do you do the carrot salad? Do you take thyroid? Have you tried some penicillin for your ear? I wouldn't mind betting your tiredness is probably from your gut slowing metabolism. You could take a little T3 to drop your TSH to below 1, but it is only very marginally elevated, so some extra coffee or coconut oil might do the trick.

I'd also drop your supplements, unless you know they are very pure. DHEA can be estrogenic if your health isn't good. Pregnenolone and thyroid should be ok.

OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

Hi Stilgar,

After I wrote this I got my labs back and I've never had estrogens this low before! I was around 6 days away from my cycle (maybe ovulatory or luteal). I gather low estrogens in my blood, could mean more in my tissues, but I usually have something in my blood. I guess I've been doing a good job peating! But seriously, I'm nervous; my LH and FSH are low, so I'm not in premenopause. I just don't know whether to be excited or scared by the extremely low estrogens. My progesterone is lower than I'd like, and I would like to get that up, and my reaction to having such low estrogens is to be perplexed. If anyone knows anything about that one, I would LOVE to hear it, all ears.
Thanks for your response. I appreciate it

Attachments

• IMG_2563.PNG
    IMG_2563.PNG
    37.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2564.PNG
    IMG_2564.PNG
    50.1 KB · Views: 19
OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

I religiously do the carrot, and I don't take any thyroid. All the doctors that I've seen have been out to lunch. One doc said why do you want to have your hormones tested? To which I replied "don't you want to know your body?" And she also said, she's never heard of progesterone oil or cream.

With the ear issue, I've been through a cycle of amoxicillin and now she has me on ear drops (with penicillin)

Stilgar

Is the penicillin helping?

What do you eat day to day? Rough outline of a days meals?

Estrogen levels can be high in the tissues but low in the blood. It is not necessarily accurate as a marker by itself of your estrogen levels.

OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

Is the penicillin helping?

What do you eat day to day? Rough outline of a days meals?

Estrogen levels can be high in the tissues but low in the blood. It is not necessarily accurate as a marker by itself of your estrogen levels.

OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

IMG_2598.PNG IMG_2599.PNG IMG_2600.PNG Stilgar,
The penicillin is not really working. I think it clears a lot of things out that I don't want. But my ear has started to get better, popping and such. But usually when I get my hopes up, you know!
I'll post a few days ago what I ate on chronometer, I eat about the same every day. I know I should drink more milk and juice. But I just came across something on fructose, and that might really be something for me, I need something to kick start my sluggish liver into gear. I've spent so long restricting and 7 mile to a go runs. I've gained a lot (but it's stabilising) and I've been eating close to 3,000 calories. But only recently have I completely cut way back on gym time and taking peating very seriously. I kind of half know what's going on. But with my body, I just don't know...no energy in am, sleeping around 8-9 hrs (not soundly, wake up to pee). And then during the day I get exited about life and then I get really down, I hate not being able to figure this out. Mainstream doctors are zero help. thanks for looking...

OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

I wonder if there's any reason for estrogen unless it's to reproduce? I've looked at Peat's writings and I just can't decipher anything. I think I need to have the cholesterol to make hormones. I think that's the bottom line. I thought that meant eating more butter, eggs, coconut oil. But I gather it's sugar/fructose getting my liver ready to produce? No clue. I am taking EstroBan and eggshell calcium (just started with the eggshell deal) as well I'm taking 60-80 progesterone as well as dhea & pregnenolone oil

Stilgar

That is an impressive amount of food! Well done!

Your pufa is quite high- do you regularly eat that much peanut butter and avocado and wheat germ oil? If it is a once in a while thing you'll be ok, but it could be contributing if it's a regular thing.

Also, how does your digestion feel? Are you hungry for all that food, or are you trying to hit nutrients and figures? Sometimes a simpler diet can help you to figure out what might be causing endotoxin.

What's your daily temperature and pulse? How's your mood etc?

OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

I have no appetite at all! Even in the am. Nothing, except if my boyfriend smokes some weed with me. That's why I have all those rice cakes peanut butter and jam and at least a cup of gummy bears, all of those calories come after I've been smoking with him at night. And then a really good night's sleep. Someone (Amazoniac) mentioned to be thiamine deficiency for appetite (especially because of my past eating issues). Just started with the thiamine... I eat avacado a few times a week, just a couple slivers, and the wheat germ oil I use that as a supplement, take 1 tsp a day. Vitamin e. Tell me if I'm wrong? Thanks so much for replying

Stilgar

It is a tricky situation. You should know within a few doses if the thiamine is helping.

I asked Ray about appetite once after feeling frustrated that I was always eating against my appetite in order to get enough protein, calories etc and he just said 'I think it is important to eat to appetite'. He said your digestive fire is essentially strongest when your appetite is high. It made sense to me because I was always desperate to fast, to eat less, and even to eat once a day. I think it is a signal of gut distress and you can believe you have every deficiency, but gut problems are more common. I try now if I lose my appetite, to make potato juice, and give my gut a rest until my appetite comes back. I then do really digestible stuff like cream and apple sauce and Parmesan cheese.

I also found weed a total relief, and tobacco too. It was the only way I could get a good nights sleep.

It might not apply to you- but you could try potato juice for a day or too?

OP
morgan#1

morgan#1

Thanks for your suggestions. I think I'll keep up the calories. I would hate to go in my mind backwards, as far as the eating is concerned. But maybe I could add in the potatoes, I do eat those often. I'll try potato-juice as a supplement per-say. Like the carrot, sliced with coconut oil and vinegar. Hopefully it cleans whatever is dragging me down. I really miss those stress hormones. Thanks for trying to help me figure it all out. I guess my body's taking its time to repair itself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals