Getting Ripped With Dr Peat

OP
C

Curt :-)

I've been drinking 2 litres of non fat milk with lots of sugar and salt, plus some eggs, coffee, rice, juice and coke.
I feel, in a word, hungry lol. I guess I am not eating enough calories to keep up with the increased metabolic rate.

Side note; I've started taking an aspirin every few hours. It really helps reduce DOMS! Gonna start training harder :):

SAFarmer

Really like this thread ! :thumbright
However I think it's time for the "ripped" to show their bodies ! :) :pics
Maybe it will start a new revolution and stop this anti sugar madness currently going on in this world. :carrot2

Curt :-) said:
I feel, in a word, hungry lol. I guess I am not eating enough calories to keep up with the increased metabolic rate.

If your wake-up body temp is less than 97.8 (hypothyroid), you may only need 80-100 grams of milk protein. But as you strive to become slightly hyperthyroid, with a wake-up body temp of 98.4, you may need 150-200 grams of milk protein.

If you've already had your hourly tablespoon of sugar (and salt to taste) and still feel hungry, then by all means, have another! and another! :partydance You really can't overeat as long as you're having the sacred foods of milk and sugar and salt to taste. Building muscle is largely a process of training yourself to eat more milk protein and sugar.

The pervasive marketing of our degraded food supply somehow manipulates us to eat less of the milk and sugar we need most, while we consume instead what we see others all around us eating: grains and seeds that cows and chickens would not prefer, muscle meat stripped clean of its cartilage and better left for scavengers, and unripe fruit a hungry orangutan would shun. All of these, last resorts that signal to our bodies we are at risk of starving - and to hurry and store fat.

Filip1993 said:
How many grams of white sugar do you average every day visionofstrength?

I find it's more convenient to measure by volume and so when I'm having a good day, I can do about 16 tablespoons, or roughly one cup (dissolved in water). I think by weight that comes to about 200 grams. But if I'm away from home or for whatever reason can't get enough milk protein, then I substitute more sugar to make up for the protein I may be missing.

The one thing you need to avoid is to have your body run out of energy and start converting your own muscle protein to energy, and do other bad things as it tries to slow down your metabolism. This is especially important when you are taking a thyroid extract, since the combination of low sugar and high thyroid is very stressful.

This is why I feel that when peating doesn't work for someone, he or she is either not getting enough thyroid extract, or getting too little milk protein and sugar. Peating works by increasing thyroid and milk and sugar in concert. :rockout

Filip1993

Thanks for your answer! Do you get the rest of your carbs from milk and fructose powder? (I read that you get around 600 grams of carbs a day, if my memory serves me right).

G

gummybear

Protein!

[BBvideo 560,340:1aypjtb5]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N60utqXf5HQ[/BBvideo]

Filip1993 said:
Thanks for your answer! Do you get the rest of your carbs from milk and fructose powder? (I read that you get around 600 grams of carbs a day, if my memory serves me right).

It seems I'm under 600 grams of carbs, if cronometer is right.

jaywills

Visionofstrenghth, thanks for your frequent replies. I am following with much interest. May i just ask what your body composition is like. Are you lean/carrying a lot of muscle? Also, have you ever been overweight/tend to 'store fat easy'?.

dd99

Thanks for posting your cronometer breakdown, visionofstrength.

Do you supplement K and manganese, or are you not concerned about deficiencies?

And, regarding ratios, I can see you're good on the calcium:phosphorous ratio, but do you not try to achieve the vitamin A:D ratio of around 5:1 mentioned in the forum? And your sodium:potassium ratio is so high - that's a lot of salt!

dd99 said:
Do you supplement K and manganese, or are you not concerned about deficiencies?

I'm not sure which Vitamin K it is that cronometer means? But I do supplement mixed tocopherols of Vitamin E (800 mg) and K2-MK4 (30 mg). In yesterday's diet I didn't include the weekly oysters, which give a little more manganese.

dd99 said:
And, regarding ratios, I can see you're good on the calcium:phosphorous ratio, but do you not try to achieve the vitamin A:D ratio of around 5:1 mentioned in the forum?

I don't think you can know how much D3 you're getting because it should be coming from the sun, and not only your diet.

dd99 said:
And your sodium:potassium ratio is so high - that's a lot of salt!

I salt to taste so I don't really know how much I use. But yes, I think I may have enthusiastically overstated the salt a little :oops: I do try always to err on the side of too much salt, and hopefully never have too little. I've noticed that almost any craving I have can be resolved by a little more salt.

jaywills said:
Visionofstrenghth, thanks for your frequent replies. I am following with much interest. May i just ask what your body composition is like. Are you lean/carrying a lot of muscle? Also, have you ever been overweight/tend to 'store fat easy'?.

I am lean, even ripped, with a lot of muscle I've only just gained since peating the last four or five months or so. Yes, I have been overweight before, which led to my no-carb ketogenic diet, which led to me shrinking to 145 lbs. when I'm average height, and becoming very stressed, which finally led me somehow, thankfully, to this elegantly simple idea of thyroid extract, pregnenolone, lots of sugar and lots of certain of the amino acids, salt to taste and a tablespoon or two of saturated fat. And just a few supplements. How easy, how simple is that, for health that is all but ideal?

I do also credit CO2 and red light as making a contribution more difficult to measure, though greater I feel even than diet. I use the CO2 device written about here for much of the day and all night, and I enjoy a redlight all day, and much of the night.

jaywills

Thank you visionofstrength, and congratualtions on your progress. How much thyroid extract do you take a day if you dont mind me asking? I have just started dosing T3, and on around 18mcg a day split into equal doses. I am currently aiming to put on muscle at the moment with minimal fat gain. I am eating starches, namely potatoes. I find that if only drink/eat sugar/fructose and milk I cannot sleep a wink at night. Hence the starch consumption. With starch i sleep like a baby. Without starch, my adrenaline seems to be sky high. Have you experienced this personally and if so any suggestions?

jaywills said:
How much thyroid extract do you take a day if you dont mind me asking? I have just started dosing T3, and on around 18mcg a day split into equal doses. I am currently aiming to put on muscle at the moment with minimal fat gain.

If you are using t3 be sure to nibble it so you take no more than a few milligrams per hour, and once a day, try a t4 and t3 combo (approximately 40 milligrams:10 milligrams).

jaywills said:
I am eating starches, namely potatoes. I find that if only drink/eat sugar/fructose and milk I cannot sleep a wink at night. Hence the starch consumption. With starch i sleep like a baby.

Potatoes are tubers that are safe to eat, if well-boiled and skinned, but they provide less than 19 grams of protein per pound, so you may need 8 pounds a day or more.

jaywills said:
Without starch, my adrenaline seems to be sky high. Have you experienced this personally and if so any suggestions?

Yes, when I first came off the no-carb ketogenic diet, my adrenaline had been so high for so long that my adrenals were close to exhaustion. Your adrenaline may be high in response to many kinds of stresses, including endotoxemia from whatever you have eaten recently, or from lack of nutrients, especially now that you are using t3. The more t3 you use, the more your body requires sugar, certain amino acids (those found in abundance in potatoes and milk), B vitamins (from liver) and salt.

But sugar is protective and a stress antagonist. The simple thing to do when you can't sleep, is try more sugar, perhaps with gelatin and aspirin and salt. And if you still can't sleep, try more of the same. And :partydance like that until all stress fades away, and you fall asleep. And then you may sleep the sleep of angels.

5magicbeans

visionofstrength said:
jaywills said:
Visionofstrenghth,
I do also credit CO2 and red light as making a contribution more difficult to measure, though greater I feel even than diet. I use the CO2 device written about here for much of the day and all night, and I enjoy a redlight all day, and much of the night.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would explain in detail which "CO2 device" you are referring to and also which redlight you use.

dd99

5magicbeans, check out page 2 of this thread. visionofstrength details the CO2 device there.

5magicbeans said:
I would greatly appreciate it if you would explain in detail which "CO2 device" you are referring to and also which redlight you use.
PM me for the links? (I am not an affiliate for these products)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals