Peating My Head Against The Wall

XPlus

I’ve come to experimenting with Dr. Peats ideas from a Paleo/low carb/anti-candida experiment. Ray is god send and your discussion have been tremendously helpful in implementing his ideas. So, thank you to everyone on this forum.

I can see how Dr. Peat’s protocols wonderfully address the complete physiology of a person. Still, for those of us looking for help with their digestive troubles, there is only little to help. Most information are scattered and conflicting at times. Don’t see many people coming to RP from the candida route. I decided to start this thread for the purpose of expanding a little on the holistic interpretations of Dr. Peat’s work so that they could be beautifully applied to a resolve digestive disorders. Therefore, I’d like to share my experiences and thoughts. Also, I’d like to get your perspective, as well.

I’ve been gradually experimenting with RP’s guidelines for less than a month. At the beginning, it was great. Last few days I’ve had terrible digestion – gas, bloating. I can partially blame Dr. Mercola’s unnecessary use of guar gum in his products. Still, I find it difficult to stick to Ray Peats protocol on an impaired digestive system.

Thyroid
I’ve been able to take my temperature and heartbeat to near optimal levels rather quickly (i.e. 75-95pbm and 97-98.6f). Pulse feels more on the sluggish side compared to temp. Hopefully I can maintain this and improve upon it. I think it’s the milk, sugar, salt that did the trick for me. Have not started any medication yet. I think cynoplus is on the way.
I can feel that there’s pressure where my thyroid glands are. Can anybody relate to this.

Mood
On a low-carb diet I felt worn out most of the time but I was adapted to the feeling. This could be related to the adaptive stress proposition of Dr. Peat. Sleep was never enough.
On a peat diet I feel much better but I could easily be irritated. Actually, It’s not that I don’t find things to irritate me on paleo. It just wouldn't be physiologically possible go from feeling worst to worse. Sleep is also much better now.
Sometimes when my mood is down, some quick sugar fixes it. Is it that I’m not taking enough sugar?

Hair loss.
Too much stress, exercise, bad dieting and the screwed up sleep must have been to blame. However, on a not-so-strict paleo I’ve been doing able to improve my hairline in the past few months. Unfortunately, after trying RP’s ideas I can see that shedding have increase. This is combined with feeling extraordinarily sexually aroused. This could be the sign of excess estrogen (i.e. shift in hormones).
On a side note, I’m speculating that my hair loss could be due to lack of either or both sunlight and vitamin D. The time when I started paleo, I used to suntan often. Now it’s winter, I don’t get much sunlight. Does anyone have good thoughts on this.

Water
How bad is fluorinated water really. Should it be avoided like the plague. I can’t seem to get any non-fluorinated water here. Unless it’s Evian and other expensive imported bottles.

Coffee
Feels great no doubt. I’ve not had much trouble with it at the start but as with everything else, the more my digestive system deteriorates, the less pleasant it becomes.

Orange Juice
This is definitely one of the greatest of Ray Peat’s recommendation. I had not much trouble with it when I started Peating. However, when my stomach’s health started deteriorating again, very recently, I could see the problem with pectin. No matter how much I filter the juice using fine cloth and plastic meshes I don’t seem to be able to get rid of it completely.
Some quick search shows that pectinase could bind to the pectin and they’d precipitate making filtration easier. Problem with pectinase is that it’s a microbial product. Possibly from the same species is used to make the microbial rennet for cheese making (i.e. Aspergillus niger) .
Dr. Peat seems not to be in favor Microbial enzyme food processing. Obviously for a good reason.
Some more on enzymes and orange juice
viewtopic.php?t=489

Ice Cream / Guar Gum
This is absolutely a terrible additive. It’s also unnecessary. Does more harm than good. A brief research shows that this is a type of fiber. Added as a thicker or gelling agent to foods. You’d find it in Ice Creams (e.g. Baskin Robbins), some coconut milk/creamcans (even organic ones) and Mercloa “Premium” Products . Surprising that some health foods have this. It isn't necessarily allergenic. However, it definitely overfeeds the wrong ***holes down there (i.e. more endotoxins)

Luckily, Haagen Dazs does not have guar gum

Cheese
I’ve been a big fan of Kerrygold for a while now. They make cheese from grass fed cow’s milk and it tastes great. At the beginning, when I started to have improved digestion from low-carbing and anti-fungal treatments, I sensed a little irritability eating the cheese. I thought this could be from the lactose intolerance (i.e. cheese would still retain trace amounts of lactose relative to preparation method and age). That made sense as I have developed lactose intolerance after gastrointestinal infection/antibacterial course.
I tried a little Kerrygold cheese after my stomach started a getting a little worse on the Peat’s protocol. I can tell it’s mildly irritating. This is where I can relate to the Microbal rennet Dr. Peat despises of. See viewtopic.php?t=2529

Lesson: when it comes to Kerrygold, just stick to the butter.

Milk
I’ve been consuming little raw dairy on my paleo days. I’d say that it helped my digestion a little Unfortunately I can’t get my hands on it often (although it’s mostly grain fed). So I decided to experiment with commercial fresh milk. I started drinking large amounts of it. It was surprising to see that I’m no longer lactose intolerant. Also, I was lucky to find one brand that does not seem to be allergenic to me. This proves Dr. Rays theory that some people can resolve lactose-intolerance by consuming more milk.
Problem with commercial milk is the added vitamin that are of questionable quality

Raw milk is the best bet. Ideally grass-fed. Would skim the cream if weightwatching.

Sugar
Initially it felt great. It was surprising that it gave me no digestive problems. This is probably since it doesn't have fiber in it and therefore does not feed the basterdia. However, when my digestive system got a little sensitive, I felt the extra sugar did not help.

PUFA
The nuts should be almost eliminated
How much olive oil would be tolerable. Them Italians and Medertanian Arabs seem to have no trouble abusing it.

Supplements:

Fish oil
The fish oil is definitely a bunch of crap. Yes, this is one time when l should bash the stinky tar and take a moment of silence to think about that damage I've done abusing it for years. Coming to seriously think about it I’ve not found any observable positive effects of using fish oil. While It’s been part of my diet for long, I still have developed troubling health issues. I’d bet that good experiences with fish oil reported by people are from the placebo effect. This applies to the krill oil, too.
Ditch ‘em all

Aspirin
Ordered some Life Extension enteric coated generic pills. They seem to have too many toxic and unnecessary fillings.
Found some Bayer at the local pharmacy.
Dose: 0.3Mg.
Composition: Acetylsalicylic acid
Essential inactive ingredients: none
Does this guarantee purity. I could still see some starchy bits at the bottom of the glass after dissolving in warm water.
Also, when I took this the first time my stomach was already irritated but I felt the aspirin added insult to injury.
Could it be the dose? Or should I take for few days until my stomach adapts as Dr. Peat Suggested.
Also, some tear and wear shows that my blood is thinner, now. Should I supplement with Vitamin K, perhaps.

Light therapy
I’ve been sun tanning this year; which I think is greatly beneficial to overall health. Ray’s suggesting light therapy seems to make sense. I’d love to experience with indoor light therapy.

Vitamin E
I’ve been rubbing the contents of 1 capsule of Dr. Mercola’s vitamin s on my wrists. I remember that Dr. Peat Doesn’t recommend taking vitamins the oral route.
Any thoughts on this. Anyone experimented with this brand.
I’ve seen some recommendations of soy-derived vitamin E supplements. What about the estrogenic properties of soy.

B vitamins
I’m finding it really difficult to put all the pieces together when it comes to B vitamins. I've seen Dr. Peat recommend different B vitamins in different scenarios. I thought why not supplement with a complex. Then I found that It’d be wiser to only supplement with one that’s condition-specific.
I find that B12 helped a little with slight Carotenemia I developed from eating too much carrots at the start of my experiment.
Not sure which would to start with and how to experiment with them.

Vitamin A and vitamin D and Calcium
I’ve listed these three together because they seem to be highly correlated

Vitamin D: It’s seems as if skin application is better than the oral route.

Vitamin A: It was mentioned that Dr. Peat related Dandruff and acne to a vitamin A deficiency.
Vitamin A seems to be in all commercially produced milk. I've read that cheap forms are used by the dairy industry to supplement their products. Do you think I’s therefore unwise to drink grocery store milk.
What would necessitate supplementing with vitamin A.

Calcium: Dr. Peat suggests getting the necessary calcium from drinking milk. He also suggest supplementing with Eggshell/Oyster shell powders if necessary. Would it be wiser to use powders instead of milk for the digestively-impaired. What other intake variables to consider.

Vitamin K
There’s one very important question here. Vitamin K in supplemental forms seems to be a bacterial byproduct. What about bacterial toxins. What’s the take on the safety of Vitamin K supplements.
I found it to be slightly irritating to take Life Extension Vitamin K. Especially, when my digestive system is extra sensitive.

Vitex
Does anyone have a valuable experience to share . I've got some but not experimented with it much.

In my health case, I used to love chicken and chips(PUFA) since I was a kid. Rice was a main source of food (estrogen). PUFA ruled out everything else at home because it was cheap and the already scarce animal fats was getting bad publicity (PUFA). Everything we buy is in plastic (Estrogen). Also, I was addicted to anything that has wheat In it. I don’t have problem with gluten but additives to flour and the commercial yeasts used in banking are definitely terrible.

Gynocomestia developed at 10 years old. I was obese at 38% fat at some point. This indicates liver problems. Impaired liver can’t recycle estrogen properly. It’s also an indicator of NAFLD. Hair loss started in late college. All this indicated of liver problems according to Dr. Peat.

Digestive problems acquired last about 2 years ago after a gastrointestinal infection and an anti-biotic treatment. Impaired digestion also correlated with impaired liver. Stopped dairy. After a while I quickly developed shoulder injury. Back hurts bad from sitting bad at work. At the start of 2014 my whole body was in constant state of inflammation.

The funny thing is. I was always uber health conscious. Exercise regularly. Watch my calories. Eat whole grains, salad every day, yogurt, raw broccoli, supplement with fish oil and multivitamins.

I was able to fix these issues to some extent in the past year. That’s where I thought paleo is working. Now I think it’s the anti-fungal experiments maybe helping control endotoxins.

While I could definitely see where the Ray Peat protocol shines, the worsening digestive troubles makes me peat my head against the wall.

I’d like you to share your thoughts and experiences with me, please. Whatever you can relate to what I discussed above.

tara

Welcome XPlus :welcome
Nice summary.

A few thoughts:
Digestive trouble does make it all harder, sorry you're having to deal with that. Figuring out what irritates your gut is to some extent individual, but there are also some common irritants, as you seem to be figuring it out. If you haven't read Mittir's posts on the subject, I'd recommend them.
Good that you were able to ring temps up quickly. I think Peat has said that it is normal for pulse to lag. Given that is improving so fast, you may not need the cynoplus.

XPlus said:
Sometimes when my mood is down, some quick sugar fixes it. Is it that I’m not taking enough sugar?
This happens to me and is common.
If the liver is overloaded and/or weak, it doesn't store as much glycogen. Could be not eating enough sugar (don't know how much you are eating), or could be liver not storing enough to get you through a long period. Then stress hormones kick in to keep the fuel supply up by catabolism. Frequent meals and snacks can help. Quick sugar is a good short term fix. Increasing metabolism can burn through sugar faster.

I don't know much about hair, but I think sometimes shedding hair can happen when stronger growth is beginning. So it's hard to know until a bit more time has passed whether it was really hair loss or hair renewal.

Can you get a water filter or distiller?

OJ: If it's not picked ripe, it's not just the pectin that can be an issue eg citric acid (and possibly other components?) of unripe fruit. I'm finding adding baking soda to commercial juice makes it better for me.

Guar gum and similar may be necessary for the purposes of making a smooth light product cheaply.

It's is very easy to make your own fresh cheese if the commercial stuff is bothering you.

If you've found milk that your stomach etc likes, that's great.

Sugar - not sure if you are meaning sugar generally, or the disaccharide sucrose specifically. If you are having trouble with sucrose, maybe try sugar in other forms, eg honey, as well as that from fruit, milk, etc?

I think Peat has suggested ~1tsp olive oil being OK.

If you can get some extra good red light (orange through infrared, eg strong incandescents) indoors through winter, I'd recommend it.

Niacinamide seems to be the supplemental B vitamin that Peat recommends most widely - 50-100g 2 or more times a day. As you say, others may be worth supplementing for specific purposes and for limited periods.

If you are using aspirin regularly, Peat recommends vit-K. He has recommended, and some of us use, Thorne K2. A bottle is expensive, but can be made to last a while. I put a couple of drops on my tongue, and I doubt any gets further down my GI tract than that.

If milk agrees with you, it is a good source of calcium and protein and sugar. Use other supplements if you can't get enough from milk, or the milk bothers you too much. Peat recommends generous calcium, and calcium:phosphorus ratio of 1:1-2:1.

If you are looking for more things to try:
I don't see a mention of coconut oil. I may have missed it, but if you are not eating any, it can be another good addition.
Attending to CO2 by bag-breathing or other means can be helpful.

Peata has posted about Vitex. I'm considering it too.

Peat doesn't recommend wheat, but it's less of a problem for some than others. Sueq posted a very simple yeasty recipe a few weeks ago, and Lindsay posted a sour dough recipe if you are wanting to replace commercial bread with some that is slower leavened and doesn't have some of the extra ingredients. Or you could just skip it altogether - I don't suggest it as something you should eat, just as more benign versions if you are really attached to it and it doesn't bother you.

Looks like you are on your way. Keep us posted.

OP
XPlus

XPlus

Appreciate your thoughtful insights, Tara. Very helpful. I definitely have to experiment more with what you've suggested. Especially, Niacinamide, bag-breathing and light therapy.

I noticed that raw carrot salad is little troublesome. So I quickly cook the carrot in coconut oil a to make make it digest a little easier.
I feel the carrot still retains the desired benefits, although cooked. My gut feel tremendously good when I eat it slightly cooked.

I’ve had a quick search through Mittir’s posts. Very interesting indeed. I’d need some time to go through them.

=========== Update - 5th week into peat ============
I believe the topic of candida/leaky gut is highly misunderstood. Modern medicine believe it’s all in the head. Some alternative medicine folks think it's the intestines and others think it's the liver. I have faith in Peat’s protocol. It wouldn't make sense to be able to specifically fix one problem with a dysfunctional system (i.e. metabolically ill)

Over the past week. I've been shifting more towards an overly carbohydrated diet. Drinking a quart of milk every day. A pint of Haagen Dazs. Hommade cheese cake. More Gelatin. Little starch and fruits.
I think my carbophobia is still keeping me from achieving my full peat potential. It seems to me that more sugar = better results (so far)
Pulse and temperature are adjusting steadily towards target.
I used salt heavily in meals last week. I no longer have cravings for salt, this week.

I've made a soothing mix of antifungal, anti-inflammatory, and pro-repair supplements. Candida is somewhat under better control. I've been able to drink fresh orange juice. Now, I just let the filtered juice stand for few hours. The fibers eventually settle at the bottom and I can sip the top layer of the juice.
I've been eating bits of ripe fruits and cooked starches with minimal to no adverse-reactions, except for a slight stomach discomfort.

I noticed eating fermented products can be irritating. This includes:

-Cheese (all kinds and brands made with microbial rennet). I tried blue cheese. It didn’t feel good.
-Other fermented dairy (Kefir, Yogurt, Buttermilk)
-Probiotics (Swanson's SBO, prescript assist and Dr. Mercola’s)
-Alcohol-free wine
-Sauerkraut

I haven't had any soy-sauce, vinegar, mushrooms, marmite, Kim-chi recently. So I can't judge but I wouldn't risk it.

I've put on an additional 3 Kgs (6 in total since starting peat). I feel it's mostly muscle. Could be little fat in there, too.
I haven't put much thought into restricting fat intake, still. This would be a priority during the next phase of my experiment.
Sleep is highly in satisfying . Sleep deficit perhaps? - Makes me realize how much stressed I was before.

Athletic performance is amazing. Energy, agility, balance, strength. I can chase and wrestle my cat comfortably now.
This is where I can see how the sugar normalizes energy and the aspirin reduces inflammation. I hope that I wouldn't need the aspirin to specifically help with inflammation in the future.

Mood is better. More positive and more stable.

The theory is now that body still have some slight damage due to past stress.
I hope this would be reversible over time. Looks like it's going to take some time.

I still find fruits and fruit juices painful to incorporate into the diet.

I feel it's a good idea to use some sort of digestive aids at this point to help with the starch, orange juice and fruits. I used some animal sourced enzymes. I ditched vegetarian enzymes due to questionable manufacturing process. Maybe some Swedish bitters and lemon juice are ok. Peppermint and fennel are good mild antifungals. Slippery elm bark is a wonderful at soothing the gut. Adequate intake of essential proteins and amino acids help repair the gut. This is where bone broth helps. I boil lamb head and legs for 3 hours. This yields good amount of gelatin and might provide little thyroid, too.

P.S. Any thoughts on antibiotic resistance. Since, I've seen some recommendations around. I always thought antibiotics do more bad than good.

pboy

people think their gut bacteria and what not or leaky gut or any of the other thrown out buzzwords when they have slow digestion, its really all food based, and inflammation. You gotta keep fat low and especially pufa, keep out indigestible fermentable fibers, and have enough sugar and protein to keep it highly energized. Don't over drink water or non sugary/protein liquid, and make sure to get enough thyroid supporting nutrients, vit A, iodine, selenium, get to sleep early, stop eating around dark, and your GI will be fine and work how its supposed to. We are designed in nature to live on mostly ripe fruit and only eat during daylight hours, so adding too much fat especially PUFA to a human diet is an onslaught to the gut, and eating late and not sleeping well just blunts the consolidation and sweeping effort of the intestines. Any one of these things, even drinking too much plain water, increases inflammation of either organs or the intestine itself and people will attribute it to random things like leaky gut due to molecule X or Y or bacteria, candida, whatever it is...when really its just the bodies own inflammation system reacting on its own benefit. Theres a reason we don't really taste fat, and PUFA especially, because it isn't something that is palatable...or handlable. Salt is another thing misunderstood. As far as I know Peat mentioned one time that salt itself helped a woman overcome one thing, from a biological standpoint sodium in its free form is a beneficial alkaline metal, but as sodium chloride salt (from my experience) its a major irritant and is not handled in the same way at all as sodium present in food (milk, meat, eggs, greens, roots, melons). Too much sodium chloride, more than a pinch, can really upset the mood and GI

OP
XPlus

XPlus

Some interesting thoughts, pboy.

Thank you for sharing your observations with us.

I can see where I abused the water. I used to start my day with exercise on stomach full of water. I used to drink a 3-4 liters a day. I'd have sugar-free green tea throughout the day, too.
Maybe the fat and eating late, too. Since Paleo doen't limit one's fat intake. I remember my stomach acting up many times when I have fatty NZ lamb chops before bed.

Do you have any idea why something like OJ, green tea and coffee upset my stomach at this point in time?
Is it going to get better as my thyroid health gets better?

Are you referring to supplemental iodine or iodine present in seafood. I thought Ray was against iodine supplementation.

Do you suggest supplementing Vitmain A? what for?

OP
XPlus

XPlus

================== Update week 6 ==================
-It’s been a stressful week for me. Haven’t been sleeping very well. Thankfully, my digestion has come a long way this week. I could handle fiber and starch much better. Even coffee is handled better. Strangely, I still can’t do with the slight bit of orange juice.

-Temp is still good. Pulse is still difficult to control. I have to eat loads of carbs to get it up. It’s been easier with fruit juice. I’ve substituted orange juice for apple juice. This is the best I could find in the market:
james_white_russet1.jpg

-Stopped giving fat a break. Drinking mostly skim milk. Taking it easy on the butter and Coconut oil. Skimming fat off broth. It’s difficult to control myself with the Hagaan Dazs but haven’t gained weight this week.

-I find warm milk with sugar or honey is really great for digestion and to beat stress.

-Tried bamboo shoots once. I like them better than the carrot but they’re a lot more expensive and take more time to prepare.

-Stopped the aspirin for few days. I can see that my whole body is swimming in a sea of inflammation. I can feel it’s actually healing after many years of low curbing damage and sport’s reinjury.

-Yesterday, I used Super K topically – I think ti’s much better this way.

-I tried around 100mg of Thorne Research Niacianamide. Around 1 to 2hrs afterwards I got an upset stomach, diarrhea and gas. Not sure whether It’s the only suspect. I’ll give it another go this week.

-Didn’t feel the need to use digestion aids this week. Except when I tried the Niacianamide. I had to cool my GI down.

-Yet to try light therapy and bag breathing.

================== ============= ==================

“For people with really sensitive intestines or bad bacteria, starch should be zero.” – Dr. Ray Peat

Starch is absolutely problematic. So is fiber in my experience. There’s a linear relationship: more gut issues, the more problematic fiber and starch are. Since fiber and starch might be hard to digest with impaired digestion, they end up as food for bacterial colonies in the intestine.

“The liver is the major source of the acute phase proteins, and it is constantly burdened by toxins absorbed from the bowel; disinfection of the bowel is known to accelerate recovery from stress.” – Dr. Ray Peat
“Besides avoiding foods containing fermentable fibers and starches that resist quick digestion, eating fibrous foods that contain antibacterial chemicals, such as bamboo shoots or raw carrots, helps to reduce endotoxin and serotonin.” – Dr. Ray Peat
The liver is one of main organs involved in digestion. The daily carrot or bamboo shoot will help (safely) flush out endotoxin and reduce serotonin. I remember suggestions for increasing the antibacterial effect of carrot by eating it with coconut oil. Same could apply to the bamboo shoot. It’s worth to mention that Dr. Peat said that these kind of fibers also bind to excess estrogen and prevent it from being reabsorbed to the liver.
To my knowledge, toxins could be introduced from food (e.g. estrogen from lentil) and released from bacteria when they are destroyed (i.e. endotoxins). Therefore, an increase in bacterial gut count as a result of overfeeding will lead to more endotoxins as the immune system will ultimately try to put them under control. In addition, endotoxins will also be present in food products that have undergone microbial fermentation process (e.g. microbial rennet cheese, pulp-free orange juice, soy sauce, kefir, yogurt, marmite, vinegar). Avoiding these would make great sense.

“In hypothyroidism there is little stomach acid, and other digestive juices (and even intestinal movement) are inadequate, so gas and constipation are common. Foods aren’t assimilated well, so even on a seemingly adequate diet there is ‘internal malnutrition.’ Magnesium is poorly absorbed, and a magnesium deficiency can lead to irritability, blood clots, vascular spasms and angina pectoris, and many other problems. Heart attacks, hardening of the arteries, and both high and low blood pressure can be caused by hypothyroidism.” – Dr. Ray Peat
Magnesium is one of the things that I find difficult to observe the effect of. However, a little Magtein both orally and topically has positive impact on my mood.

“One of the thyroid hormone’s important functions is to improve digestion and bowel health.” – Dr. Ray Peat
It’s important to do whatever it takes to take thyroid function up. In my case I needed more sugar. It was difficult to incorporate with the orange juice. It seems that apple juice would make a much better substitute for the digestively impaired.

“The liver provides about 70% of our active thyroid hormone, by converting thyroxine to T3, but it can provide this active hormone only when it has adequate glucose.” – Dr. Ray Peat
This is another relevant link between digestion and thyroid. Liver health is vital for optimal digestion. One may have to consider fixing the liver while jumpstarting the thyroid function. This may be achieved with more sugar and coffee. Milk thistle is a popular herbal remedy to help with liver problems. I take it in low doses occasionally but have not felt it has any observable effect.

Here’s more info from Dr. Peat about the liver:
“Eliminating all PUFA would be the most important thing, and having lots of orange juice, other sugars including honey, and milk and gelatin. Cytomel, aspirin, acetazolamide, and progesterone all protect the liver and help to slow cancer growth. Some people use extremely large amounts of aspirin, which require supplements of vitamin K, to prevent bleeding. Fibrous foods such as bamboo shoots and laxatives such as cascara help to reduce the absorption of bowel toxins that promote cancer and burden the liver.” – Dr. Ray Peat
A milliliter of real aloe juice is a strong laxative, and unless it's dried it doesn't last without preservatives. I doubt that it would be useful. – Dr. Ray Peat

In this case, aloe could be used temporarily for its laxative effect

“Besides fasting, or chronic protein deficiency, the common causes of hypothyroidism are excessive stress or ‘aerobic’ (i.e. anaerobic) exercise…”– Dr. Ray Peat
Every once in a while we all need a break. I stopped exercising for over a month now to give my body a chance to recover. Not sure how much this helped but I definitely feel better now.

In conclusion, I can see that gut issues are a vicious cycle. Poor digestion leads to bacterial overgrowth and bacterial overgrowth further impairs the function of digestive system membranes. It would seem reasonable to me to use digestion aids (including mild anti-fungals and non-allergenic digestive enzymes) occasionally while following a peat-guided diet. A more refined protocol would like this:

Jumpstart protocol for those starting with severe digestive troubles:
-One to two weeks of intensive antibacterial/antifungal treatment. Use of enteric coated peppermint oil/oregano oil thrice daily on an empty stomach.
-Use 1 capsule of wormwood with food
-Once a day before bed: 1 tbsp. activated charcoal along with fresh Aloe Vera juice followed by loads of water.
-Bone broth/ox tail soup/fish head soup/chicken neck daily as the major source of food. Add 2tbsp of coconut oil and 1 crushed clove of garlic (make sure it has sprouts underneath)
-Poached eggs
-Zero starch. (including, rice, potatoes and wheat)
-Zero fiber: fruit and vegetables
-Non-fibrous meats (fatty and gelatinous cuts are preferable, not over-cooked)
-Clear Apple Juice
-Medium carrot slightly cooked in coconut oil
- No fermented foods

Dairy could still be problematic at this point, so I’ve exclude it.

Maintenance protocol for those with mild digestive troubles:
-Coffee. Brewed ground coffee beans mixed with 2 parts fresh milk, with food.
-If coffee is not tolerable yet. Use the brewed coffee topically. On head and skin.
- Milk - skimmed (should be introduced slowing, staring with 1 cup a day)
- Add sugar to milk if not getting enough fruit juice.
- Try raw milk if still not tolerating pasteurized.
- Cheese: should be made with animal rennet
- Good quality eggs and meats
- Clear Apple juice (as a substitute to orange juice)
- Carrot salad/bamboo shoot along with 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Experiment with small pieces of raw fruit and starch. Starch should be eaten with fat.
- Experiment with honey after a while. In my experience, the clearer the honey and fairer its color, the better it’s handled.
- Use wormwood, coconut oil, slippery elm bark and activated charcoal at times of digestive distress

Supplements are better applied topically: Vitamin D, E, K, Aspirin, Magnesium
-Up the vitamin k when taking aspirin
-Other Supplements to consider Niacinamaide, Vitmain A, thryroid (if thyroid is still sluggish)