97.7, Peating To The Nth Degree, Fun With Thermometers

J

j.

nwo2012 said:
That's odd because this way requires less effort than attending an annoying allopath for blood test/results. And more accurate.

doing something 365 times per year requires more effort from my pov than doing something 4 times per year. also, i don't find the person who takes my blood annoying.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
j. said:
also, i don't find the person who takes my blood annoying.

:rolling

HDD

98.4 and 83 bpm in hot kitchen in Fl..woohoo (2nd time this week to get over 98)
If one could only afford one supplement a month, what would be order of importance? I have the least expensive items...aspirin, pregnenolone, Epsom salts, baking soda, sugar, coffee, salt, oysters, coconut oil.

chris

Haagendazendiane said:
98.4 and 83 bpm in hot kitchen in Fl..woohoo (2nd time this week to get over 98)
If one could only afford one supplement a month, what would be order of importance? I have the least expensive items...aspirin, pregnenolone, Epsom salts, baking soda, sugar, coffee, salt, oysters, coconut oil.

Only things that spring to mind not on that list are vitamins E and K.

Rachel

Haagendazendiane said:

If you're angling for one that's not on your list... thyroid or Progest-E.

chris

Rachel said:
Haagendazendiane said:

Yes, I forgot thyroid. Should men use progest-e?

HDD

Have Raw Thyroid Glandular Concentrare with Synergistic Complex by Natural Source (ok?) has kelp as last ingredient and had purchased Emerita progesterone cream before I knew Ray Peat had product (trash?)
Thank you, Chris and Rachel

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
chris said:
Rachel said:
Haagendazendiane said:

Yes, I forgot thyroid. Should men use progest-e?

Yes.

Ray Peat said:
"Progesterone is the precursor (following acetate and cholesterol) for all of the other steroid hormones, so it can be used in men. It (or its precursor, pregnenolone) has been used for prostatitis, arthritis, and infertility in men. Large amounts, though, would probably suppress LH, and lower testosterone synthesis, but a smaller amount (especially in old men) seems to increase sperm count and motility. In male and female athletes who become infertile, it would seem to be the appropriate therapy, generally in combination with thyroid." RP

Haagendazendiane said:
Have Raw Thyroid Glandular Concentrare with Synergistic Complex by Natural Source (ok?) has kelp as last ingredient and had purchased Emerita progesterone cream before I knew Ray Peat had product (trash?)
Thank you, Chris and Rachel

That natural source is from bovine(cow). Cow thyroid is not optimal due to the T3 to T4 ratio. Porcine(pig) is more optimal and better matches our biology. However, some people do OK with bovine. My choice right now is "Thiroyd". Its incredible. You can find it on the supplement list page. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=226

If I had only one thing I could take, it would be thyroid supplement, porcine, hands down. And its cheap, really cheap. You can get 1000 pills for a little over 100. That should last almost a couple years.

HDD

I am not sure if I should use/ eat any pork products. Have MS and found Ray Peat with an MS/fat google. I emailed him about pork rinds and he said best for me to avoid so I basically avoid all pork.

kettlebell

Ray Peat wrote:
"Progesterone is the precursor (following acetate and cholesterol) for all of the other steroid hormones, so it can be used in men. It (or its precursor, pregnenolone) has been used for prostatitis, arthritis, and infertility in men. Large amounts, though, would probably suppress LH, and lower testosterone synthesis, but a smaller amount (especially in old men) seems to increase sperm count and motility. In male and female athletes who become infertile, it would seem to be the appropriate therapy, generally in combination with thyroid." RP

Charlie,

Does Ray say anywhere what sort of dosage a 30 odd year old man can take safely without causing LH supression/testosterone synthesis etc?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I dont think I have seen him recommend what dose to take for males. :confused

OP
T
98.1, hr 95. Let me report on my hot room beta test. Today it was around 80 degrees Outside. I've got a small car with a sunroof so I decided to go ahead on use that as my hot room. I took with me my thermometer, blood pressure cuff, 3 litres at least of water, a liter of sugared milk, a breathing bag and a towel to cover the seat. I wore only a pair of shorts so that my body would have full evaporative cooling capability and maximum sunlight exposure, as I parked the car to get full sun out of the front window and sunroof. I started around 1:30 and ended around 3:30. My temp stayed in 99.5 range, I never needed the breathing bag because my pulse stayed in the 90's. About an hour into it, I was ready to crack the windows for some fresh air( i probably could have cracked them a little earlier) and was then able to stay in another good 45 minutes. I found the buckets that I sweated to have been very satisfying, I got a really nice fall tan, it's now 3 hours later and my pulse shows no signs of wanting to slow down. I can't wait to do it again.

NWO made a good point about a vehicle off gasing fumes. My car is 15 years old so I don't think I've got to much to worry about. But if you have a newer vehicle this probably is a problem.

chris

Theres no issue with pregnenolone and (young) males is there?

OP
T
I'm going to go ahead and give a little extra context about my health background. I'm 43 and physically not in too bad a shape physically, my primary goal is to feel better emotionally. Anyways I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to experimenting with my health. As an example I've kept myself immersed in 58 degree tub for 30 minutes and other crazy stuff like that. At the point I cracked the window I knew it was time for me to get some fresh air. I mention all this so others have a basis to consider whether this method would be beneficial or even possibly dangerous. As I've said I'm excited to do it again, but please do not let my enthusiasm prejudice good old fashioned common sense.

kettlebell

chris said:
Theres no issue with pregnenolone and (young) males is there?

No not at all. Some recommend a good dose of sugar with each dose to ensure no negative stress response.

Progesterone for young males you need to be more careful with and does have its uses according to Ray (For recovering overwored athletes with low libido etc) I have never seem any recommendations on actual dose. If anyone has any more info that would be great.

SheilaHelm1

Charlie said:
I wish there was some kind of software or a chart, or something, where a person could track their temperature and pulse. Would be cool if it was something on the computer you just type your results in and it made out a chart graph for you so you could watch the trend. I have been searching for one on line but have no luck finding one.

Hi Charlie, the only chart I have found over the years is http://www.wilsonssyndrome.com/temperature-log/. Free to download and print as far as I can tell. Don't think there is a pulse one. The whole wilsonsyndrome site seems quite informative regarding temperatures and hypothyroid. Its probably worth a browse if you need detailed temperature info.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sheila, thank you! Checking it out now. Watched his little video he had and that was very interesting.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Texas Peatarian, are you still doing your car experiment?

Parsifal

Charlie said:
post 4043 97.8-98.2 is the range for when you wake up in the morning before you get out of bed. By lunch it should be at least 98.6. I think it was nwo2012 that said it should at least 98.6 for around 12 hours?

If your temp and pulse are good. I would imagine things should be running fairly optimal inside the body or at least on the way to running optimal.
Is that oral temperature? Eardrum temperature? Armit temperature? Rectal temperature?

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals