Getting Ripped With Dr Peat

aquaman said:
aquaman said:
@visionofstrength , i've been using the fructose and milk combo. Worryingly at the end of "environmental enrichment and the brain" KMUD interview, RP mentions that fructose granules may be derived from corn starch and contain allergens. Do you know the source of where you get the fructose from?

Also I wonder if it would have the same issues of containing starch molecules like HFCS and therefore higher calories?

I emailed bulkpowders.co.uk where I bought my fructose from and their head of quality control said that it was derived from sugar beet or cane, so that's good (for me at least).
Yes, I agree Peat would be concerned about starch fragments in fructose powder, or their entry into the blood from the intestine. He's mentioned starch fragments as a possible harm from high fructose corn syrup, which might otherwise be like sugar if the manufacturing could be pure. He's also voiced this same general concern, that he can't be confident of the purity of manufacturing, about amino acids and charcoal.

It seems toxinless.com hasn't yet reviewed fructose powder that I can see. Thanks for the info about bulkpowders. I've been using a brand that is derived from corn syrup and didn't know there was a beet sugar alternative!

bababooey

Fascinating thread. I have a couple quick questions. Are you making the fructose into a syrup as well or are you pouring the crystals straight in. Also, is anyone else experiencing achy gums and teeth after doing this regimen?

piotr_zarach

Effect of vitamin E on function of pituitary-gonadal axis in male rats and human subjects.

"The role of vitamin E in the endocrine system, in particular the pituitary-gonadal axis, was studied in humans and male rats by examining the hormonal differences between vitamin E deficient and supplemented conditions. In vitamin E deficient rats, pituitary content and basal plasma level of FSH and LH were significantly lower than those of the control rats, but testicular content and basal plasma level of testosterone were not significantly changed. On the other hand, in vitamin E supplemented rats, FSH and LH content in pituitary tissue was significantly higher than that of the controls, but there was no significant rise in basal FSH and LH level in plasma. The testosterone level was significantly elevated in both testicular tissue and plasma. It was also demonstrated that basal plasma testosterone and F.T.I. were increased in normal male subjects following oral vitamin E administration and the responsiveness of plasma testosterone levels to HCG was significantly higher during vitamin E administration than before administration. These results suggest that vitamin E may play an important and potent role in hormone production in the pituitary-gonadal axis in humans and rats."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6816576

piotr_zarach said:
Effect of vitamin E on function of pituitary-gonadal axis in male rats and human subjects.

"The role of vitamin E in the endocrine system, in particular the pituitary-gonadal axis, was studied in humans and male rats by examining the hormonal differences between vitamin E deficient and supplemented conditions. In vitamin E deficient rats, pituitary content and basal plasma level of FSH and LH were significantly lower than those of the control rats, but testicular content and basal plasma level of testosterone were not significantly changed. On the other hand, in vitamin E supplemented rats, FSH and LH content in pituitary tissue was significantly higher than that of the controls, but there was no significant rise in basal FSH and LH level in plasma. The testosterone level was significantly elevated in both testicular tissue and plasma. It was also demonstrated that basal plasma testosterone and F.T.I. were increased in normal male subjects following oral vitamin E administration and the responsiveness of plasma testosterone levels to HCG was significantly higher during vitamin E administration than before administration. These results suggest that vitamin E may play an important and potent role in hormone production in the pituitary-gonadal axis in humans and rats."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6816576

Perhaps we should call it "effect on function of sub-optimal pituitary-gonadal axis". I bet vitamin E would simply let it operate at its natural regimen. I know a few people who might share this view, however they extract the conclusion that vitamins have no real "effect". Evidently they don't see how sub-optimal the average health is.

bababooey said:
Fascinating thread. I have a couple quick questions. Are you making the fructose into a syrup as well or are you pouring the crystals straight in. Also, is anyone else experiencing achy gums and teeth after doing this regimen?
Hi bbb! Pure fructose powder dissolves well even in cold liquid. Sucrose, made from glucose and fructose bonded together, needs some heat to dissolve well.

The sensitivity of teeth is a little hard to track, because so many different things can be involved. For example, acidity of any kind may make your teeth achy, especially if the acid stays on your teeth at night while you sleep. Can you think of anything you eat or drink that is acidic? Orange juice, lemon juice?

For achy gums, you may want to supplement with Vitamin E and K2. It's hard to overdose on those, but easy not to get enough. See toxinless.com for sources.

bababooey

Thanks for the tips vos. I think it was actually less of a problem with orange juice. I'm going to try a combo of using a straw and a good rinsing/brushing soon after each meal. Also, I definitely need to get some quality E and k2. That resource you directed me to was awesome. I was also thinking about haidut's formula.

On a side note, I find the activated charcoal makes me very relaxed before bedtime. I feel I sleep much deeper using it. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar positive experience with it.

bababooey said:
Thanks for the tips vos. I think it was actually less of a problem with orange juice. I'm going to try a combo of using a straw and a good rinsing/brushing soon after each meal. Also, I definitely need to get some quality E and k2. That resource you directed me to was awesome. I was also thinking about haidut's formula.

On a side note, I find the activated charcoal makes me very relaxed before bedtime. I feel I sleep much deeper using it. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar positive experience with it.
Dude! I am a fan of activated charcoal. I started it about 3-4 weeks ago, 4 tablespoons every other day, and I sleep so much better! I also load up on coconut oil and sugar before bed, and I breathe CO2 during the night, but the megadose of activated charcoal has been a noticeable improvement.

Peat Caution: Peat is not confident of the purity of the manufacturing process of charcoal, and recommends that raw carrot or bamboo shoots are safest.

That said, the charcoal works in ways, perhaps for me only, that carrot does not. Toxinless.com is your friend for sources of AC. [Edit: I've tried haidut's E/K/A/D formula and it's quite good!]

championmath

Currently one month of training and achieved the following results:

squat 40 kg to 80 kg x 5 reps x 3 sets
benchpress 30 kg to 55 kg x 5 reps x 3 sets
deadlift 40 kg to 90 kg x 5 reps x 3 sets
overhead press 20 kg to 40 kg x 5 reps x 3 sets
pullups 3 reps to 10 reps x 3 sets

Bodyweight from 65 kg to 73 kg

Diet:
2 quart of raw milk I get from the market everyday, its like 90% grass-fed
5-6 eggs
250 g of wild meat, I mix this wild boar/elk/caribou or cold water fish
cheese/cottage cheese, sometimes I eat ~100-250 g
fruits so far I had grapes/pineapple/dates/melons/figs/orange ~100-200 g of sugar from them
potatoes maybe few times a week
coconut oil/butter randomly with meals
coffee ~1-3 daily
bone broth soup 1 cup before meal with meat

Even though I gained 8 kg in 1 month, I feel I didn't gain any significant amount of fat, also I guess muscle memory plays a role, as I was 83 kg before
loving the ideas of Dr Peat so far. Before I was doing a lot of lean chicken breast with rice, it was horrible for my digestion, along with some ,,healthy fats" from almonds etc, talking about a mess.

Kenobi

Update: I am Ben from earlier in this thread and I said I would try AC and see how it effects my body composition. Unfortunately I didn't notice any changes in that or feeling. I used it for about a month every 3 nights.

Kenobi said:
Update: I am Ben from earlier in this thread and I said I would try AC and see how it effects my body composition. Unfortunately I didn't notice any changes in that or feeling. I used it for about a month every 3 nights.
Estrogen-histamine-serotonin-bodyfat% rises on a background of hypothyroid liver malfunction.

The "uncouplers" (T3, magnesium and/or fructose, niacinamide, caffeine, aspirin) allow the liver and other detoxifying systems to lower estrogen-histamine-serotonin-bodyfat%, and the lower they are, the less progesterone or pregnenolone it takes to block the symptoms.

I like haidut's observation that if you want to test your liver, try some caffeine and see what happens. A good liver can process 1200 mg of caffeine a day (spread throughout the day). Small frequent amounts of caffeine (or instant coffee) may let your liver respond better to caffeine. Activated charcoal helps by unburdening the liver from endotoxins.

It seems dose and frequency of all these things is important. There's a thread about dosing and frequency here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5037

championmath said:
Diet:
2 quart of raw milk I get from the market everyday, its like 90% grass-fed
5-6 eggs
250 g of wild meat, I mix this wild boar/elk/caribou or cold water fish
cheese/cottage cheese, sometimes I eat ~100-250 g
fruits so far I had grapes/pineapple/dates/melons/figs/orange ~100-200 g of sugar from them
potatoes maybe few times a week
coconut oil/butter randomly with meals
coffee ~1-3 daily
bone broth soup 1 cup before meal with meat
This is great! To pump up your liver and metabolism, and reduce bodyfat%, you may want to try the "uncouplers", T3, aspirin, coffee/caffeine, magnesium water, B vitamins, and plenty of fructose/honey/juice. It's important to take these in small frequent doses. There's a thread about it here:

championmath

visionofstrength said:
This is great! To pump up your liver and metabolism, and reduce bodyfat%, you may want to try the "uncouplers", T3, aspirin, coffee/caffeine, magnesium water, B vitamins, and plenty of fructose/honey/juice. It's important to take these in small frequent doses. There's a thread about it here:

Thanks, aspirin? What kind, just buy at any pharmacy or are there some good brands? I m actually doing at least 1 coffee daily, I will try to go up to 4 cups a day, what kind of magnesium you recommend I have citrate, but stopped using it for a while as I thought I have enough from fruits/coffee occasionaly homemade chocolate from cacao and coconut oil, how frequent would you suggest? I usually eat every 2-2,5 hours

championmath said:
visionofstrength said:

Thanks, aspirin? What kind, just buy at any pharmacy or are there some good brands? I m actually doing at least 1 coffee daily, I will try to go up to 4 cups a day, what kind of magnesium you recommend I have citrate, but stopped using it for a while as I thought I have enough from fruits/coffee occasionaly homemade chocolate from cacao and coconut oil, how frequent would you suggest? I usually eat every 2-2,5 hours
Any aspirin that doesn't have additives, other than some coating to keep it together.

Peat does about 6 very strong coffees a day (4x strength mixed with nonfat milk) which is about 25 restaurant coffees. But it's safest to increase gradually, staying within your comfort level.

I use a magnesium water, which has magnesium bicarbonate, doubly good, and the recipe is here: http://www.afibbers.org/Wallerwater.pdf

A frequency of 2 - 2,5 hours is good.

Kenobi

Lol. Too bad I have some sort of allergy to caffeine. My liver seems to work fine, I can process tylenol or other substances without a problem.

Kenobi said:
Lol. Too bad I have some sort of allergy to caffeine. My liver seems to work fine, I can process tylenol or other substances without a problem.
Is it an "allergy" with extreme visible symptoms (hives?), even to the caffeine in tea and chocolate?

Or an "intolerance" that presents with gut distress or jitters often after a delay of an hour or more?

If it's an intolerance it may be overcome with frequent, very small doses, and by gradually building a tolerance for more.

loess

Couple things:

1) Recently I've made the extra effort every day to be very consistent with topical magnesium oil and it's made a big impact on my digestion transition time, quality of sleep, overall sense of calm and probably a million other ways that have to do with metabolism. I use these magnesium chloride flakes dissolved in water to make my own magnesium oil. I'd like to make some magnesium water to take orally but I can't find any milk of magnesia without other garbage additives or flavorings at the grocery stores around here. If I want to make some of that "Waller Water", would it be safe and/or just as effective to simply use the homemade magnesium oil in place of milk of magnesia?

2) I could use some new ideas for high-resistance/low-rep bodyweight exercises that I can do outdoors without any equipment if anybody has some suggestions. It's been about 14 months since I discovered Peat. Long story short, at the time, I was pretty wrecked inside and out as a cumulative result of years of major stress on my body and mind through various mechanisms and lifestyle choices. After about 3 months I started feeling better and I quickly realized that if I was going to really heal on a fundamental level, I needed to drop my activity level way down, focus on rest, proper nutrition, red light and the various other stress management and healing tools that we are familiar with here. All of that has helped tremendously and I continue to feel better and find that I live with much more gratefulness and joy than I used to. So now, over the past couple of months I have begun to be a bit more active and have slowly and carefully implemented some simple weight training into my life. I usually go find a playground or a low hanging tree branch for pull ups and chin ups, do some push ups and also work on my handstands. But the stronger I get, the less challenging these exercises are becoming; I'm 160 lbs and I can easily do 12-15 reps at a time. Especially push ups, I can easily knock out 20 push ups without difficulty (and no, I'm not blasting through them with improper form).

Anyway, I'm becoming more interested in the strategy of building strength and muscle by doing very low reps to complete failure as discussed earlier in this thread. I have implemented the concept of slowing down the bodyweight reps to create more resistance but I have to admit I get bored and impatient with that. I could use some suggestions in this arena or even some good links to resources on the web.

Also I do have a weight machine at home that I use for bench press/shoulder press and a few other things. It's this machine. It's fun, but you can't do squats, deadlifts, or overhead presses with it. I wonder if there are ways to simulate those things with resistance bands, which I have several sets of but haven't used much? Ultimately I much prefer to be outside in the sunshine and fresh air doing this stuff as opposed to in a gym.

Kenobi

visionofstrength said:
Kenobi said:
Is it an "allergy" with extreme visible symptoms (hives?), even to the caffeine in tea and chocolate?

Or an "intolerance" that presents with gut distress or jitters often after a delay of an hour or more?

If it's an intolerance it may be overcome with frequent, very small doses, and by gradually building a tolerance for more.
I used to have the normal effect from caffeine, even with hypoglycemia, but years later after not consuming caffeine, it became a completely different effect even if I got enough nutrition. Whenever I try caffeine after not consuming it for a while, my ears plug. I didn't have that before, and it also happens from caffeine pills.

I attempted to see whether it was an intolerance I could overcome like you say. Caffeine was easily responsible for some of the worst physical and mental states I have ever experienced. It now gives me physical lethargy and worsened mood. At high doses the mood drop is severe, but I get a bad reaction from caffeine even from low doses with nutrition.

My physiology is so weird. Caffeine has the opposite effect on me, reducing energy and causing depression. Lisuride made me collapse like 3 times due to a rare side effect, not hypoglycemia apparently. Niacinamide makes me feel weak. Thyroid doesn't seem to effect me. Neither does aspirin or cypro.

On the other hand, tianeptine works unusually well for me. Without it, I don't have the physical or mental energy to function. If my physiology were so sensitive, it would cause serious side effects for me, but in fact for me even very high doses cause no side effects.

It's funny that you suggest gaining tolerance for caffeine at this time. My life sucks so hard right now that my mood reminds me of when I take.caffeine. I wrote a lot about my situation, but I'll save it for another thread.

Kenobi said:
used to have the normal effect from caffeine, even with hypoglycemia, but years later after not consuming caffeine, it became a completely different effect even if I got enough nutrition. Whenever I try caffeine after not consuming it for a while, my ears plug. I didn't have that before, and it also happens from caffeine pills.

I attempted to see whether it was an intolerance I could overcome like you say. Caffeine was easily responsible for some of the worst physical and mental states I have ever experienced. It now gives me physical lethargy and worsened mood. At high doses the mood drop is severe, but I get a bad reaction from caffeine even from low doses with nutrition.

My physiology is so weird. Caffeine has the opposite effect on me, reducing energy and causing depression. Lisuride made me collapse like 3 times due to a rare side effect, not hypoglycemia apparently. Niacinamide makes me feel weak. Thyroid doesn't seem to effect me. Neither does aspirin or cypro.

On the other hand, tianeptine works unusually well for me. Without it, I don't have the physical or mental energy to function. If my physiology were so sensitive, it would cause serious side effects for me, but in fact for me even very high doses cause no side effects.

It's funny that you suggest gaining tolerance for caffeine at this time. My life sucks so hard right now that my mood reminds me of when I take.caffeine. I wrote a lot about my situation, but I'll save it for another thread.
Thanks for this. I learned a lot. I see this, from http://www.tianeptine.com/
Dosage of tianeptine in most clinical trials has ranged from 25mg to 50mg per day. Currently, 3 x 12.5mg = 37.5mg daily is standard. "Patients"/healthcare consumers are rarely encouraged to explore the optimal dosage of their prescribed psychotherapeutic agent by their doctor. This is regrettable because individual optimal dosage regimen can vary a lot. Obviously, there are risks as well as advantages to encouraging self-titration. A post-genomic era of truly personalised medicine is probably decades away. In the meantime, not everyone is temperamentally or educationally well-equipped to perform the incremental dosage increases or decreases over time that are needed to identify what regimen personally works best, especially when there is a pronounced therapeutic time-lag. One consequence is that very few people ever receive their optimal dosage of psychotropic medication - or for that matter "lifestyle drug" of choice. This failure exacerbates the poor response-and-remission rates to antidepressant drugs and other psychoactive pharmaceuticals. The actual therapeutic dosage range of tianeptine probably ranges from less than 12.5mg to as much as 300 mg daily; but these figures depend on "animal models" and the usual horrible experiments.

This is what I think Peat is trying to urge us to do, to explore the optimal dosage of uncouplers, or redox balancers, including tianeptine, but personalized to each of us in the small, frequent doses that are most effective.

For example, you've found that tianeptine helps you balance brain serotonin, which is a critical first step to redox balancing. But tianeptine has a 2.5 hour plasma half-life. How much do you take, and how often? Maybe experiment with that?

Then maybe experiment with adding a small dose of aspirin, during the window when you know tianeptine is active. Then maybe experiment with a small dose of caffeine, or niacinamide, or redlight, or protective steroids, or CO2. The possibilities are endless.

If Peat is right,* you can choose from a broad range of these safe practical therapies that are available to you, limited only by your own willingness to experiment.

And by experimenting, you may be able to help us all to find therapies that rampant corruption in science now suppresses -- such as tianeptine! Already thanks to you, I hope to add tianeptine to my own experiments!

*You also need to select a diet that minimizes intestinal inflammation and unsaturated fat, and that provides essential amino acids without an excess of cysteine, tryptophan, and arginine.

Kenobi

Red light is relaxing, and so is CO2, but they do not help my problem with lack of energy. Thyroid and aspirin don't help this either, for some reason. I theorized that I had some specific issue that only tianeptine addresses, such as serotonin. I don't know why it helps me so much, but it just does. I let my mom try, and she didn't notice anything. I'm so glad I tried it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals