Describe How Dopamine And Serotonin Feel

Curt :-)

Hey all. Hope you're all well ;-)
I'm wanting to lower serotonin/increase dopamine through supplementation and perhaps medication, though before I fork out the cash, I'd like to know what your experience has been with this. I've never done blood work so I can't say that my dopamine was in the can, but once I started reading Peats ideas on serotonin dominance I felt like it described me perfectly.
I've been Peating for almost a year now and I've come leaps and bounds with motivation, mental clarity and focus, but I still don't feel like I'm there yet.
I'm on a low tryptophan diet and I take BCAAs and B6, but I still feel a kind of haze of disinterest sometimes. In my line of work, I simply need to be sharper.

I'd love to hear from you guys as to what changed when you improved your dopamine/serotonin balance. How does it affect your job, relationships, sex life, social life, creativity, interest in your hobbies? Do you talk more? Think more? Read more? Feel more?
Tell me all about it. I'm fascinated :):

Curt xx

Blossom

Forum Supporter
When my serotonin is in check I feel calm, peaceful, full of love, more confident, stable and like all is right with the world. I wish everyone could share in this feeling with me. :grouphug :grouphug2

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What makes the grasshopper rage? Serotonin. What is the exact opposite of rage? ;)

OP
C

@blossom, that's pretty much how I feel, except a lazy version of that lol.
Maybe I'm just a slacker haha
@charlie, I don't think it's fair to make an example out of grasshoppers on the forum. They're just trying to get by like the rest of us #dontjudgejustlove

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:rolling My apologies too grasshoppers. However might I recommend some cyproheptadine or ondansetron. :mrgreen:

dukez07

5HTP makes me aggressive (much in line with what Peat talks about with serotonin). Tryptophan, knocks me out, resulting in deep sleep (makes my mood worse as well, though, and this drags on until the next day too - much like too much melatonin).

SSRIs, are a completely different ball game. They increase serotonin acutely, but might actually lower it with prolonged use. Their anti-depressive effects are probably not even related to their SRI mechanism. There are lots of studies on pubmed which show how they interact with the immune system and lower inflammation.

MDMA, and other similar drugs, are serotonin releasers. A whole world of difference to putting a serotonin precurser into your body (tryptophan, etc). But then, MDMA is also a dopamine/oxytocin releaser so it's effects are not down to serotonin release alone. MDAI, a research chemical, is a serotonin releaser and feels nothing like the magic of MDMA.

Serotonin and dopamine are two hormones in the body which can't really be defined by 'increasing/decreasing' their 'levels'. It's far more complex than that.

OP
C

Yeah fair call Dukes. These things tend to be more complicated than we know.

You mentioned MDMA. It's a derivative of E, yeah? Would you mind talking a little bit about your experience with it/other drugs? If not here, through PM?

pboy

serotonin = negative self defeating thought patterns, negative view of the world and other people, impatience, giving up, thinking things are luck or random, having a perception of little or no hope, being bland, feeling bland, learned helplessness, no motivation or inspiration or personal drive and aspirations

dopamine = perceived benefit or progression in the near future and therefore motivation and joy while performing toward and being submersed in the activity towards the goal, benefit, or progression

T

tobieagle

When ive done my morning toilet and have eaten only OJ and eggs for breakfast (clean intestines), i feel eager, happy and start thinking clearly in explorative ways.
It feels exactly like taking 10 or 20 mcg LSD. So I definitely agree with Peats view on serotonin.

But I am wondering about MDMA too. If someone knows why it feels like it does, please tell us.

OP
C

Thanks for the responses. Appreciated.

I definitely agree with the clean intestine thing too.

pboy

tobie that's interesting...maybe the fact people are used to be full of endotoxin is why people cant generally embrace or feel a more spiritual attitude (or that kind of feel)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
yep, its been robbed from us. Also the deep feeling of love has been robbed, hence, hardly a relationship lasts these days. Too much endotoxin, serotonin, estrogen.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Charlie said:
yep, its been robbed from us. Also the deep feeling of love has been robbed, hence, hardly a relationship lasts these days. Too much endotoxin, serotonin, estrogen.
When I first started to regain that deep feeling of love I fell head first into a grieving process over all that was previously lost. I also had to come to grips with being powerless to give that experience and feeling to others. It's our birthright yet we have to all come to reclaim it on our own. It's still hard to see others striving for it in ways that only compound the disconnect such as starvation diets, exhausting fitness regimens, plastic surgery, constant approval seeking and reinforcing authoritarian attitudes by selling their soul in an attempt to gain acceptance. I'll stop now! Hooray for low serotonin, estrogen and endotoxin! :partydance

pboy

its really profound when you think about the difference in mind set from a child to an adult...kids can have fun almost anywhere with nothing, or just one toy or prop, and instinctively open up to all possibilities and express themselves without shame, and assume the good in everyone without judgement. Its pretty funny and awesome, they never want to go to sleep, would rather stay awake and have fun until they literally pass out. That was all of us at one point, and I don't think everyone purposely lost that. I think translated right that same essence could still apply to anyones life at any point and make life much better if recaptured

For me too much serotonin feels like depression, inescapable dread, fear, worry, powerlessness and anxiety which results in me cutting myself off from the rest of the world...and diarrhea.

Dopamine feels like a zen-like peace, calm, no worries, confident and empowered to do anything I set my mind to with LOTS of creative energy.

Frankdee20

Hey all. Hope you're all well ;-)
I'm wanting to lower serotonin/increase dopamine through supplementation and perhaps medication, though before I fork out the cash, I'd like to know what your experience has been with this. I've never done blood work so I can't say that my dopamine was in the can, but once I started reading Peats ideas on serotonin dominance I felt like it described me perfectly.
I've been Peating for almost a year now and I've come leaps and bounds with motivation, mental clarity and focus, but I still don't feel like I'm there yet.
I'm on a low tryptophan diet and I take BCAAs and B6, but I still feel a kind of haze of disinterest sometimes. In my line of work, I simply need to be sharper.

I'd love to hear from you guys as to what changed when you improved your dopamine/serotonin balance. How does it affect your job, relationships, sex life, social life, creativity, interest in your hobbies? Do you talk more? Think more? Read more? Feel more?
Tell me all about it. I'm fascinated :)

Curt xx
How does bloodwork of cetacholamines reflect conclusively what's happening in the brain ?

Frankdee20

serotonin = negative self defeating thought patterns, negative view of the world and other people, impatience, giving up, thinking things are luck or random, having a perception of little or no hope, being bland, feeling bland, learned helplessness, no motivation or inspiration or personal drive and aspirations

dopamine = perceived benefit or progression in the near future and therefore motivation and joy while performing toward and being submersed in the activity towards the goal, benefit, or progression

If that's Dopamine's perceived benefit, I didn't feel like that from L Tyrosine

Prosper

If that's Dopamine's perceived benefit, I didn't feel like that from L Tyrosine
Supplementing with tyrosine does not directly translate to high dopamine. Getting enough raw material for dopamine synthesis is one thing, but getting the body to produce and maintain high dopamine levels in those regions of the brain where it matters is more complex than that.

Frankdee20

Supplementing with tyrosine does not directly translate to high dopamine. Getting enough raw material for dopamine synthesis is one thing, but getting the body to produce and maintain high dopamine levels in those regions of the brain where it matters is more complex than that.

Most definitely true, a lot of variables that can't always be discerned or controlled for that conversion. Is it possible the Tyrosine converted to Norepinephrine or Adrenaline, causing anxiety?

Prosper

Most definitely true, a lot of variables that can't always be discerned or controlled for that conversion. Is it possible the Tyrosine converted to Norepinephrine or Adrenaline, causing anxiety?
Yeah, I've heard that happen to other people. Tyrosine has not always been a positive experience for me either. It seems to induce crying spells in prolonged use, which is most likely a symptom of temporarily lowered serotonin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals