Energin - Liquid B-Complex Vitamin Mix

BingDing

I'm glad you brought that up, aquaman, I've been seeing the same thing. I poured it into a glass dropper bottle and nuked it for ~25 seconds, it took a little swirling but the crystals all dissolved. Good to go.

milushq

Hi all! I'm going to use Energin and Estroban on my kids(under 2) topically as a part of a nutritional boost program to help their development. Anyone have any experience in using those for kids. I was going to use 1/4 of an adult dose on them.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
milushq said:
Hi all! I'm going to use Energin and Estroban on my kids(under 2) topically as a part of a nutritional boost program to help their development. Anyone have any experience in using those for kids. I was going to use 1/4 of an adult dose on them.

Since the vitamins are dissolved in alcohol, I'd ask a doctor before using on kids under 2 years old. As far as testimonials, I'll let othes speak.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
milushq said:
Thanks, Haidut. Is alcohol a problem with topical application? I'll check with a doctor.

It should not be a problem, but since these are small children we are talking about I'd be extra careful.

Dean

I've always gotten major neck and jaw tension when supplementing any kind of B vitamin, even small doses of niacinamide powder. Would applying this product and/or solban topically make it more or less likely that I would experience that side effect?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Dean said:
I've always gotten major neck and jaw tension when supplementing any kind of B vitamin, even small doses of niacinamide powder. Would applying this product and/or solban topically make it more or less likely that I would experience that side effect?

I don't know the answer that unfortunately. The best way is to try and see. If you are sensitive to B vitamins in general I don't see how the topical application will change things. It it's just your stomach acting up when you ingest B vitamins then Energin used topically may be better.

Katty

Question about staining. I don't mind if it stains my skin, but I'm worried about it staining my clothes. I've been rubbing Energin on my low legs and ankles in the mornings and it can stain my socks a bit. I only seem to be able to rub around 1/4 dose around the ankles. For a larger dose I'm going to need a bigger surface area.
So I'm trying to figure out how long it takes to fully dry before coming off onto clothes. It seems if I sweat at all, the stain could start coming off even if it initially dried. Anyone have thoughts on how to avoid clothing stains?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Katty said:
Question about staining. I don't mind if it stains my skin, but I'm worried about it staining my clothes. I've been rubbing Energin on my low legs and ankles in the mornings and it can stain my socks a bit. I only seem to be able to rub around 1/4 dose around the ankles. For a larger dose I'm going to need a bigger surface area.
So I'm trying to figure out how long it takes to fully dry before coming off onto clothes. It seems if I sweat at all, the stain could start coming off even if it initially dried. Anyone have thoughts on how to avoid clothing stains?

What about armpits and the inside of knees? These areas tend to not have that much contact with clothes.

Katty

Unfortunately my pits and knees have a lot of contact with my clothes. Perhaps men (or some men) wear looser tops, but as a woman, some of my tops are more form fitting. Also, I tend to sweat out of my pits (thank you, cortisol) so I could see that being an issue.
Maybe I am just out of luck on days I need to wear nice clothes. Would love to be able to do my belly if it dried within a few minutes, but I'm still worried about residual staining.

Katty said:

Anyone have thoughts on how to avoid clothing stains?

Absolutely. Take the bottle and tilt it just above your mouth and squeeze slightly. All the drops should land on your tongue without any landing on your clothes and staining them. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes ;-)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Katty said:
Unfortunately my pits and knees have a lot of contact with my clothes. Perhaps men (or some men) wear looser tops, but as a woman, some of my tops are more form fitting. Also, I tend to sweat out of my pits (thank you, cortisol) so I could see that being an issue.
Maybe I am just out of luck on days I need to wear nice clothes. Would love to be able to do my belly if it dried within a few minutes, but I'm still worried about residual staining.

Then I guess the only other area would be behind the inner side of ear lobes facing the head. That and wrists.

Katty

cantstoppeating said:
Katty said:

Anyone have thoughts on how to avoid clothing stains?

Absolutely. Take the bottle and tilt it just above your mouth and squeeze slightly. All the drops should land on your tongue without any landing on your clothes and staining them. Give it a shot and let me know how it goes ;-)
Guess I'm due for the oral route ;)

Katty

haidut said:
Katty said:

Then I guess the only other area would be behind the inner side of ear lobes facing the head. That and wrists.
Behind the ears would probably work, but not a lot of surface area. Wrists could be ok, but with long sleeves or simply putting your arms at your sides it could rub into clothes.
I know, I'm being whiny about this. Just not tolerating much orally these days and wish transdermal was easier.
Thanks for your responses though!

Kasper

I would be interested in a version of this without vitamin B2 (which is causing the color I guess ?).

I would say that vitamin B2 also gives the least of therapeutic benefits, but it gives the most of problems (on clothes :P )

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Kasper said:
I would be interested in a version of this without vitamin B2 (which is causing the color I guess ?).

I would say that vitamin B2 also gives the least of therapeutic benefits, but it gives the most of problems (on clothes :P )

Ray said that B3 and B2 are the two most important vitamins for respiration. In fact, B3 is responsible for about 80% of the ATP produced in a single cycle, while the other 20% come from riboflavin. If you look on Pubmed you will see plenty of human studies where people with mitochondrial problems got cured by high doses riboflavin. B2 is also the vitamin that directly protects the retina from degeneration. You don't think your eyes are not important do you?

Kasper

I think my eyes are important, but I think I get plenty vitamin B2 from milk and potatoes. I haven't heard many benefits of taking vitamin B2 in such high dosages, while I heard a lot more things about benefits for mega dosing b1 and b3 especially.

But maybe I'm wrong?

tara

Kasper said:
I think my eyes are important, but I think I get plenty vitamin B2 from milk and potatoes. I haven't heard many benefits of taking vitamin B2 in such high dosages, while I heard a lot more things about benefits for mega dosing b1 and b3 especially.

But maybe I'm wrong?
Large doses of B2 apparently help some people reduce migraine frequency. I assume that's to do with improving energy metabolism. (Wasn't enough to sort mine out, though.) Sometimes people benefit from more of particular vits than the RDIs.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
tara said:
Kasper said:

But maybe I'm wrong?
Large doses of B2 apparently help some people reduce migraine frequency. I assume that's to do with improving energy metabolism. (Wasn't enough to sort mine out, though.) Sometimes people benefit from more of particular vits than the RDIs.

Yes, resolution of migraines is one of the well known benefits of B2. However there are many other benefits as well. Just do a quick search on PubMed for "riboflavin mitochondria". Also, B1 and B2 are two most important vitamins for the liver to detoxify estrogen.
Kasper, if you want do a search on the Peat website for "riboflavin". You will see what he has to say about it.
Finally, the doses acquired from food don't even come close to the amount found in Energin and its increased bioavailability. So, for people that need higher doses only a supplement will do.

Kasper

Okay fair enough. When searching for it, I found this:

Ray Peat said:
Riboflavin can probably be useful when applied topically, but because of its extreme sensitivity to light, it should usually be used only internally, unless the treated skin is covered to prevent exposure to light.

If that is true, I still vote for a version without B2. Because if I use energin on a spot not covered by clothes, the B2 will be destroyed by light. And if I use on a spot covered by light, the B2 makes my clothes dirty. So in both cases, it is better if B2 is removed (for external use).

You could argue that as long as you add vitamin B2 to energin, than energin is not practical for external use. For internal use, it makes sense to add vitamin B2, but in that case it may be an idea to make sure it is in a bottle that blocks light.

Just some ideas, feel free to do whatever you want to do with it :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals