PSA: Change in Energin formulation (thiamine replaced by prosultiamine)

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just a quick heads up. We changed the vitamin B1 in Energin from the thiamine Hcl to the lipophilic analog known as prosultiamine. The latter is an analog of allithiamine, and allithiamine is well-known to forum users for its high bioavailability and ability to raise levels of thiamine pyrophosphate (TPP) in muscles, brains, and other organs while the same has not been shown to occur with intake of thiamin Hcl. TPP is also a required co-factor of the enzyme pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH), which is the rate-limiting step in the oxidative metabolism of glucose. PDH downregulation has been observed in many diseases including diabetes, obesity, cancer, dementia, MELAS, ALS, myopathies, mental disorders, infectious diseases, sepsis, etc.

There are multiple studies on allithiamine posted on the forum and I have posted below some on prosultiamine as well. As such, the presence of porsultiamine in Energin should increase the effects associated with usage of vitamin B1. Both prosultiamine and allithiamine are naturally occurring analogs of vitamin B1, and present in high concentrations in garlic and are probably responsible for the unique smell of garlic, with Energin now smelling somewhat similar to garlic as well.

Last edited:

Regina

Just a quick heads up. We changed the vitamin B1 in Energin from the thiamine Hcl to the lipophilic analog known as prosultiamine. The latter is an analog of allithiamine, and allithiamine is well-known to forum users for its high bioavailability and ability to raise levels of thiamine pyrophosphate (TPP) in muscles, brains, and other organs while the same has not been shown to occur with intake of thiamin Hcl.

There are multiple studies on allithiamine posted on the forum and I have posted below some on prosultiamine as well. As such, the presence of porsultiamine in Energin should increase the effects associated with usage of vitamin B1. Both prosultiamine and allithiamine are naturally occurring analogs of vitamin B1, and present in high concentrations in garlic and are probably responsible for the unique smell of garlic, with Energin now smelling somewhat similar to garlic as well.

:rockout

Drareg

Just a quick heads up. We changed the vitamin B1 in Energin from the thiamine Hcl to the lipophilic analog known as prosultiamine. The latter is an analog of allithiamine, and allithiamine is well-known to forum users for its high bioavailability and ability to raise levels of thiamine pyrophosphate (TPP) in muscles, brains, and other organs while the same has not been shown to occur with intake of thiamin Hcl. TPP is also a required co-factor of the enzyme pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH), which is the rate-limiting step in the oxidative metabolism of glucose. PDH downregulation has been observed in many diseases including diabetes, obesity, cancer, dementia, MELAS, ALS, myopathies, mental disorders, infectious diseases, sepsis, etc.

Is this slightly different to allithiamine?
Have you tried it on its own? I can't find it for sale online, would be interesting to try it isolated, I never noticed much from allithiamine compared to HCL, it may have been the vendor I bought it from.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is this slightly different to allithiamine?
Have you tried it on its own? I can't find it for sale online, would be interesting to try it isolated, I never noticed much from allithiamine compared to HCL, it may have been the vendor I bought it from.

Yep, a very similar molecule to allithiamine and also found in garlic. To me it works like regular thiamine, but achieves the same effects in much smaller doses. Also, even a "small" dose of about 10mg seems to help a lot with lactic acid building after exercise, while even 500mg thiamine Hcl have only a minor effect on that. The nootropic effects also seem to be stronger - i.e. memory is improved even after 10mg and I suddenly start remembering things from decades ago and reading a text can be done very fast and still get the gist of it despite just glancing at the words and not carefully reading them. IMO, the most important effects is the elevation of TPP after the usage of the lipophilic thiamine analogs, which did not seem to happen with thiamin Hcl, at least not at the doses used on the studies (HED ~8mg/kg). TPP did rise a bit after thiamine Hcl but the studies claims it was not statistically significant.

koky

how can we find it on its own?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How long does the garlic like smell last?

At the 20-25 drops dose, it seems to last about an hour, but I think that is subjective to how strong a sense of smell other people around you have. The smell does not seem to be stronger than when using other sulfur-containing compounds such as taurine or DMSO.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
how can we find it on its own?

If you search around on Google you can probably find it in small amounts, but most vendors won't sell it in bulk unless you are willing to sign a long-term contract for a bulk supply.

koky

If you search around on Google you can probably find it in small amounts, but most vendors won't sell it in bulk unless you are willing to sign a long-term contract for a bulk supply.
do these fit the bill?
41svlcVlX6L.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.jpg
51-Ic6xalEL._AC_SL1260_.jpg

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

imcoconut

Would you ever consider selling the prosultiamine as a standalone product? Thiamine has a very strong "nootropic"/anit-adhd effect - way stronger than anything else I've tried. Unfortunately some of the other bs in energin dont agree with me. I've tried b2, b6, b9, b12 individually, in many forms, including methylated and unmethylated variants, and they all disturb my sleep and can cause mood problems. b1, b3 (niacinamide form), b5 all provide only benefits. Anecdotally it does seem like there are a lot of other people that also have problem with those bs - and some have problems with one form, but are helped tremendously by another. Very strange.

Just thinking out loud - I haven't tried oxidal, but have tried MB, caffeine in larger doses, and not aspirin (not salyclic acid but maybe close after it's metabolized?) and they do also have nootropic effects. If prosultiamine it were added to oxidal it might synergize with them. Also ulitmately the thiamine does help support oxygenation right?

Last edited:

Lee Simeon

Yep, a very similar molecule to allithiamine and also found in garlic. To me it works like regular thiamine, but achieves the same effects in much smaller doses. Also, even a "small" dose of about 10mg seems to help a lot with lactic acid building after exercise, while even 500mg thiamine Hcl have only a minor effect on that. The nootropic effects also seem to be stronger - i.e. memory is improved even after 10mg and I suddenly start remembering things from decades ago and reading a text can be done very fast and still get the gist of it despite just glancing at the words and not carefully reading them. IMO, the most important effects is the elevation of TPP after the usage of the lipophilic thiamine analogs, which did not seem to happen with thiamin Hcl, at least not at the doses used on the studies (HED ~8mg/kg). TPP did rise a bit after thiamine Hcl but the studies claims it was not statistically significant.
Very interesting stuff and I cant wait to try it! But why are there so much Prosultiamine in it though if it is so potent? Can it still be used as frequently as the earlier batch? Also concerned if it would affect the balance of all these vitamins

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Very interesting stuff and I cant wait to try it! But why are there so much Prosultiamine in it though if it is so potent? Can it still be used as frequently as the earlier batch? Also concerned if it would affect the balance of all these vitamins

Good point. We will see what kind of reports we get from people and if they say the 50mg is too much then we may drop the dosage down to 25mg per serving (25 drops).

dukesbobby777

If the new addition is so potent it might nullify the absorption of the other b vitamins. Is that possible? Oh wait, that was just written (asked about) above.

Still, I think this vitamin is very important if you eat a Peat diet. A Peat diet seems to deplete B1 quite easily.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
If the new addition is so potent it might nullify the absorption of the other b vitamins. Is that possible? Oh wait, that was just written (asked about) above.

Still, I think this vitamin is very important if you eat a Peat diet. A Peat diet seems to deplete B1 quite easily.

I don't think it would nullify the absorption of the other B vitamins. I am not aware of competition between the various B vitamins for absorption. Besides, the lipophilic analogs of B1 such as prosultiamine seem to absorb mostly through passive diffusion, so there is even less risk of affecting other B vitamins most of which are subject to active transport bioavailability.

Smelly5

I'd be curious to know how balanced this is with the other B Vitamins.
When taking 50mg of TTFD, I have to be very ontop of my nutrition. I've heard Peat point this out when taking high doses of Thiamine as well.

That being said, for me the TTFD removes water retention in a big way so I'm keen to see if the Prosultiamine is as effective.

gabys225

I thought I got a bad batch then came here immediately and read this. I thought I had a batch with DMSO in it or something! Or it was contaminated with some sort of sulfur like drug. Just a heads up to the folks that used energin orally on their rats, this stuff tastes NOTHING like the old energin. Don't freak out! :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom