PSA: Change in Energin formulation (thiamine replaced by prosultiamine)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Are Fursultiamine and Prosultiamine the same thing? thanks @haidut

Not the same, but similar lipophilic thiamine analogs. Allithiamine and prosultiamine are naturally occurring, while fursultiamine, sulbutiamine, benfotiamine, etc are synthetic.

Hermes

Does anyone smell terribly the next morning when applied topically the night before? Or is this an indication that something is being detoxed?

Advocate2021

Wow excited to test the difference from the original. Is there any chance Idealabs would put out a thiamine or niacinamide only formulation since these tend to be used by many in higher amounts at times? the thiamine research and data is very compelling and have wanted to try more thiamine for my issues but intestine cannot handle the oral consumption in the amounts needed. having a topical thiamine would solve this problem- would be amazing!!

exile

I thought I got a bad batch then came here immediately and read this. I thought I had a batch with DMSO in it or something! Or it was contaminated with some sort of sulfur like drug. Just a heads up to the folks that used energin orally on their rats, this stuff tastes NOTHING like the old energin. Don't freak out! :)

Same. Definitely doesn’t mix with oj anymore like the other one.

Kray

Just a quick heads up. We changed the vitamin B1 in Energin from the thiamine Hcl to the lipophilic analog known as prosultiamine. The latter is an analog of allithiamine, and allithiamine is well-known to forum users for its high bioavailability and ability to raise levels of thiamine pyrophosphate (TPP) in muscles, brains, and other organs while the same has not been shown to occur with intake of thiamin Hcl. TPP is also a required co-factor of the enzyme pyruvate dehydrogenase (PDH), which is the rate-limiting step in the oxidative metabolism of glucose. PDH downregulation has been observed in many diseases including diabetes, obesity, cancer, dementia, MELAS, ALS, myopathies, mental disorders, infectious diseases, sepsis, etc.

There are multiple studies on allithiamine posted on the forum and I have posted below some on prosultiamine as well. As such, the presence of porsultiamine in Energin should increase the effects associated with usage of vitamin B1. Both prosultiamine and allithiamine are naturally occurring analogs of vitamin B1, and present in high concentrations in garlic and are probably responsible for the unique smell of garlic, with Energin now smelling somewhat similar to garlic as well.

Haidut,
Any chance of switching out an unopened (old) Energin for a new one with prosultiamine? I think I bought this one about 2-3 months ago but have not used it yet.
Thanks in advance for your consideration-

Advocate2021

Haidut,
Any chance of switching out an unopened (old) Energin for a new one with prosultiamine? I think I bought this one about 2-3 months ago but have not used it yet.
Thanks in advance for your consideration-
OMG- thats what it is. ive noticed since using the new energin i smell like garlic - and full disclosure- vaginally mainly! i was wondering what the heck as i dont eat garlic but that must be it!!!

Lee Simeon

OMG- thats what it is. ive noticed since using the new energin i smell like garlic - and full disclosure- vaginally mainly! i was wondering what the heck as i dont eat garlic but that must be it!!!
How long does the garlic smell last? I want to use it daily, but maybe I should take a break before important meetings.

Advocate2021

How long does the garlic smell last? I want to use it daily, but maybe I should take a break before important meetings.
i didnt do energin today and not smelling it so seems to happen i suppose within a 24 hour period and as i said for me it coming out through vagina- dont think in my breath but maybe through my pores a little. so funny as i knew i wasnt crazy and now its confirmed!!

Advocate2021

Still curious if there is any chance idealabs would come out with single b vitamins like thiamine and niacinamide that many here supplement in isolation as well. much discussion elsewhere about the potential toxicity of other companies so why not have the most pure we can if possible. otherwise what are reliable thiamine, niacinamide, riboflavin, etc sources for those who ascribe benefits to supplementing these at times?

exile

Still curious if there is any chance idealabs would come out with single b vitamins like thiamine and niacinamide that many here supplement in isolation as well. much discussion elsewhere about the potential toxicity of other companies so why not have the most pure we can if possible. otherwise what are reliable thiamine, niacinamide, riboflavin, etc sources for those who ascribe benefits to supplementing these at times?

Lifegiving store sells some b vitamins isolated. I have used and they have seem good. I haven’t noticed any issues using them (thiamine and niacinamide).

mrsuomi

Wtf, why does energin now come in a plastic bottle? Alcohol and plastic makes xenoestrogens concentrate

dukesbobby777

Wtf, why does energin now come in a plastic bottle? Alcohol and plastic makes xenoestrogens concentrate

All of the products they sell are in plastic bottles. Energin has always been sold in a plastic bottle.

I hear what you're saying, though. I think he was asked this question a few years back but i cannot remember the answer he gave (someone was asking him if he could switch to glass bottles).

Mitchell777

Hello Georgi @haidut

Is there any reason why you chose Prosultiamine instead of Allitiamine? I can seem to find more research on the latter? Not that I don’t think Prosultiamine isn’t effective, I just wondered why you opted for that instead of the more well known Allitiamine.

Thank you

Jamsey

Hello Georgi @haidut

Is there any reason why you chose Prosultiamine instead of Allitiamine? I can seem to find more research on the latter? Not that I don’t think Prosultiamine isn’t effective, I just wondered why you opted for that instead of the more well known Allitiamine.

Thank you
Pretty sure he mentioned somewhere that allithiamine was too difficult to dissolve in significant amounts

i think you should still offer a version with thiamine since the oral application to my rat was much easier as the taste was not so off-putting.

My rat enjoyed energin much more when he could swish it around his mouth and then swallow it, rather now he has to take it in gelatin capsules because of the overwhelming garlic taste.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom