Making A Vitamin B Complex

laleto12

Hi guys, I want to make my own Vitamin B Complex powder that resembles Energin from Haidut because I cant get Energin due to customhouse issues.

The problem is I cannot find Pure Vitamin B powders in my country. I found the exact forms of vitamins in capsule forms. However, every single capsule contains Maltodextrin and Magnesium Stereate. Can I still make my own vitamin b complex? I can not do the math because of the excipients. Anyone help?

The ones I have;
Vitamin B1 : 100 mg capsules
Vitamin B2 : 100 mg capsules
Vitamin B3 : 500 mg capsules
Vitamin B5 : 500 mg capsules
Vitamin B7 : 2500 mcg capsules

I have the Vitamin B6 P5P in liquid form so I wont be adding that to the mix. I have a scale that can measure down to 0.01G as well. Thanks!

tara

Can you get a shipment from Pure Bulk?

OP
laleto12

laleto12

Can you get a shipment from Pure Bulk?
I need doctor prescription for supplements. So I don't want to bother with that atm. And The vitamin B's that I have are very cheap and good quality but unfortunately have some excipients.

tara

If you know what's in each capsule, and you know what you want to take in each dose, you can at least roughly create that.

If I were going to do it that way, I might do something like this:
Get a piece of paper or a spreadsheet.
Column 1: vit
Column 2: Quantity in 1 capsule. (mg)
Column 3: how much you would like to have in each dose. (mg)
Column 4: How many doses per capsule.
From column 4, pick the highest number and see if the others divide into it (close enough). If they don't find the lowest common product. This is how many doses you put in your batch.
Column 5: How many capsules to get the number of doses for the batch.

Eg, for me (I can't remember Haidut's ratios), 2 doses a day, maybe sth like:
Vit capsule mg want dose/capsule capsules for 20 doses
B1 100 50 2 x 10 =20
B2 100 5 20 x 1 =20
B3 500 50 10 x2 =20

Mix up that number of each type of capsule in a clean container. Divide by the number of doses. If it's too small to divide easily, consider whether there are any workable excipients that you would be OK with. If you want to go with Haidut's method, I think he uses alcohol. I've done it with water before - not sure of stability after a week or two. Not sure if there'd be problems with powdered sugar for dry doses (moisture?). Store in the dark.
Get it roughly right, not necessarily perfect. 20 % out on a day is unlikely to matter, and you can balance out over the week/batch.

Once you've used your first batch, decide if the experiment was about right, adjust if you want, and make another batch - if it was good, maybe twice as big.

OP
laleto12

laleto12

If you know what's in each capsule, and you know what you want to take in each dose, you can at least roughly create that.

If I were going to do it that way, I might do something like this:
Get a piece of paper or a spreadsheet.
Column 1: vit
Column 2: Quantity in 1 capsule. (mg)
Column 3: how much you would like to have in each dose. (mg)
Column 4: How many doses per capsule.
From column 4, pick the highest number and see if the others divide into it (close enough). If they don't find the lowest common product. This is how many doses you put in your batch.
Column 5: How many capsules to get the number of doses for the batch.

Eg, for me (I can't remember Haidut's ratios), 2 doses a day, maybe sth like:
Vit capsule mg want dose/capsule capsules for 20 doses
B1 100 50 2 x 10 =20
B2 100 5 20 x 1 =20
B3 500 50 10 x2 =20

Mix up that number of each type of capsule in a clean container. Divide by the number of doses. If it's too small to divide easily, consider whether there are any workable excipients that you would be OK with. If you want to go with Haidut's method, I think he uses alcohol. I've done it with water before - not sure of stability after a week or two. Not sure if there'd be problems with powdered sugar for dry doses (moisture?). Store in the dark.
Get it roughly right, not necessarily perfect. 20 % out on a day is unlikely to matter, and you can balance out over the week/batch.

Once you've used your first batch, decide if the experiment was about right, adjust if you want, and make another batch - if it was good, maybe twice as big.
Thank you so much tara. I will try this method tonight.

tara

PS. If you use water, shake before pouring each dose, as some of the vits may not be very soluble.

OP
laleto12

laleto12

PS. If you use water, shake before pouring each dose, as some of the vits may not be very soluble.

Thanks but I'm not planning on making a Liquid/Transdermal supplement. Mixed Powder should be fine orally.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals