Energin - Liquid B-Complex Vitamin Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Re: Energin - custom, liquid dietary supplement with B vitam

Hello everyone! I am back and the store is online again. So feel free to order whatever you need, or contact me with questions/comments.
Thanks for your patience.

I'm interested in Energin but worry about b2. I thought it was allergenic? Maybe not when applied topically?
Also when applied topically, do you feel the effects as strong as when taken orally. I know absorption is SUPPOSED to be higher, but what you feel is what really counts.

Also, are the effects of Stressnon noticeable when used topically.

JohnS

Where are the best locations to apply topically for best absorption?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

embs2001 said:
I'm interested in Energin but worry about b2. I thought it was allergenic? Maybe not when applied topically?
Also when applied topically, do you feel the effects as strong as when taken orally. I know absorption is SUPPOSED to be higher, but what you feel is what really counts.

The riboflavin we use is 99.9% purity. I use it personally and have never had any bad reaction to it. In fact, it's pure enough to be given IV so there should be close to nothing dangerous in it. Of course, there are people with sensitivities that may still react to it. I get a consistently improved vision clarity from about 20mg riboflavin daily.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

JohnS said:
Where are the best locations to apply topically for best absorption?

Given that it would stain due to the B2 and B6 in it, I would use it somewhere where it would not be very visible. For me, the forearm is best especially if I wear a shirt that would cover the stain afterwards.

Thanks, I doubt the b2 will be a issue. I just for some reason remember ray saying it should not be used.

How well do you feel topical preg. is absorbed?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

embs2001 said:
Thanks, I doubt the b2 will be a issue. I just for some reason remember ray saying it should not be used.

How well do you feel topical preg. is absorbed?

About the same as the topical progesterone. Since a dose of StressNon has 100mg of pregnenolone, when I take it topically I sweat profusely and have an energy to play a 90min soccer game. Orally, I get a lot less pronounced effect but funny enough when taken orally I get more of a mental boost for some reason. Weird, I know. It's probably due to the difference in metabolism when taken orally and topically. Maybe when I take it orally my liver converts it into more progesterone, while when done topically I get more of the DHEA metabolic pathway. Go figure...

4peatssake

Got my energin today!! :woo

Man, it tastes baaaad. :? But it sure gave me a terrific energy boost.
Chased it with a heaping tsp of manuka honey but I think I better mix them together next time.

I tried a half dozen or so drops topically but I won't be doing that again unless I don't have to leave the house. The orange stain reminded me of really bad tanning lotion. :lol:

Thanks so much haidut. I appreciate the purity of your supplements.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

4peatssake said:

Chased it with a heaping tsp of manuka honey but I think I better mix them together next time.

I tried a half dozen or so drops topically but I won't be doing that again unless I don't have to leave the house. The orange stain reminded me of really bad tanning lotion. :lol:

I am glad it is working as expected:): As far as the orange stains, I only use it topically when I know I will be wearing a long sleeve shirt. The spot washes out every time a take a shower so it is not that big of a deal for me. Either way, I figured it would be nice to have a supplement with dual application (oral/topical) since some people cannot absorb well orally and they would tolerate the stains if it means getting back their energy and motivation.

4peatssake

haidut said:
4peatssake said:

I am glad it is working as expected:): As far as the orange stains, I only use it topically when I know I will be wearing a long sleeve shirt. The spot washes out every time a take a shower so it is not that big of a deal for me. Either way, I figured it would be nice to have a supplement with dual application (oral/topical) since some people cannot absorb well orally and they would tolerate the stains if it means getting back their energy and motivation.
Oh yes, the stain washes out fine and I absolutely agree it's worth it if topically is the only way to go. I'm certainly not complaining and love having both options. :)

How long do you think you need to wait before washing it off?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

4peatssake said:
haidut said:
4peatssake said:

Oh yes, the stain washes out fine and I absolutely agree it's worth it if topically is the only way to go. I'm certainly not complaining and love having both options. :)

How long do you think you need to wait before washing it off?

Well, the studies I have seen claim that as long as their moisture on the skin there will be some absorption, but after the first 90min the remaining absorption is probably too negligible to care about. So, if you can wait 2 hours it should be all good.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

KellyD said:
Wilfrid said:
Ray suggest me to dissolve the thiamine HCL in vodka and to use it on skin but I don't make this experience so far.
May be in the future...

Doesn't alcohol destroy thiamine?

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=%2 ... hiamine%22

I think the links you found refer to alcohol destroying thiamine in the sense that the process of metabolizing alcohol in the body depletes thiamine stores. So, if one drinks a lot and does not eat they may get thiamine deficiency. But alcohol in itself does not destroy thiamine and in fact there are quite a few medical products with ethanol solutions of thiamine.

tara

Hi Haidut, Hope you don't mind me intruding on this thread with a tangential question - you seem likely to know something about it.
I'm wanting to make up my own brew for just a week at a time with different proportions than your energin (I'm experimenting with high B2 against migraine). If I just mix the powders into water, how quickly do they deteriorate? Are they likely to still be good at the end of the week? I'm currently only doing it with 50 mg B6 for the week, using distilled water, a glass bottle, and storing in the fridge. Any reason not to add the B1, B3, B6 to the same bottle?
I first asked this question here but have not had any responses:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4296

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

tara said:
Hi Haidut, Hope you don't mind me intruding on this thread with a tangential question - you seem likely to know something about it.
I'm wanting to make up my own brew for just a week at a time with different proportions than your energin (I'm experimenting with high B2 against migraine). If I just mix the powders into water, how quickly do they deteriorate? Are they likely to still be good at the end of the week? I'm currently only doing it with 50 mg B6 for the week, using distilled water, a glass bottle, and storing in the fridge. Any reason not to add the B1, B3, B6 to the same bottle?
I first asked this question here but have not had any responses:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4296

Some of the B vitamins like B2 and B6 have poor solubility when using the Hcl salts. So you need to find the phosphate salts in order to have them dissolve well in water/alcohol and not precipitate. You can add all of the vitamins you mentioned and also B2 in higher doses, but at normal temperatures you will hit saturation pretty quickly, so I don't think you will be able to reach the doses of B2 required for migraine treatment (200mg+). Also, I think B2 is degraded easily by direct sunlight so it needs to be protected. Keeping the solution in the fridge is probably best.

tara

haidut said:
Some of the B vitamins like B2 and B6 have poor solubility when using the Hcl salts. So you need to find the phosphate salts in order to have them dissolve well in water/alcohol and not precipitate. You can add all of the vitamins you mentioned and also B2 in higher doses, but at normal temperatures you will hit saturation pretty quickly, so I don't think you will be able to reach the doses of B2 required for migraine treatment (200mg+). Also, I think B2 is degraded easily by direct sunlight so it needs to be protected. Keeping the solution in the fridge is probably best.

Thanks Haidut, :)
If i use a 500ml bottle, and shake before pouring, is that likely to overcome these problems?
What about then adding a bit of this to a bottle of OJ for the day, so the dose gets spread through the day?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

tara said:
haidut said:

Thanks Haidut, :)
If i use a 500ml bottle, and shake before pouring, is that likely to overcome these problems?
What about then adding a bit of this to a bottle of OJ for the day, so the dose gets spread through the day?

Shaking won't change much. Like I mentioned above the Hcl salts of some B vitamins are very poorly soluble in water.
As far as OJ - it should be OK to mix vitamins in it and drink the mix.

tara

Thank Haidut,
Any reason to think the HCL versions won't be used by the body, or is it jus that they don't dissolve in water? I already have some I'd like to use.
Are you aware of any risks with high B2 (200-400mg)?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

tara said:
Thank Haidut,
Any reason to think the HCL versions won't be used by the body, or is it jus that they don't dissolve in water? I already have some I'd like to use.
Are you aware of any risks with high B2 (200-400mg)?

The Hcl salts are OK to use. Most capsules/tablets use the Hcl salts. It's just that for some vitamins that salt does not dissolve well.
There are studies on PubMed of using 200mg-400mg for migraine and mitochondrial disorders. As far as safety - B2 (if pure) does not really have a known toxic range and is used as a color in foods for that reason. But I don't know much about its long term safety of administration, so use at your own risk for such high doses.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals