Questions On DIY Topical B Vitamins

Recoen

Thanks, @Recoen. That information helps. Wish I understood why others get much better results from topical B vitamins than I do. Maybe I have an invisible layer of elephant skin. I'll try applying energin around the navel.
Are you hypothyroid? The mucopolysaccharides could be inhibiting absorption. I don’t get near the same effect if I put the energin anywhere else. But I pretty immediately feel my head clear when I use it there.

OP
C
Are you hypothyroid? The mucopolysaccharides could be inhibiting absorption. I don’t get near the same effect if I put the energin anywhere else. But I pretty immediately feel my head clear when I use it there.

Yes, definitely hypothyroid.

Tried using energin near navel a few times yesterday. So far, I can't see much difference, but I'm not in great shape right now, so maybe not at my most observant. Will keep trying. Thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

Recoen

Yes, definitely hypothyroid.

Tried using energin near navel a few times yesterday. So far, I can't see much difference, but I'm not in great shape right now, so maybe not at my most observant. Will keep trying. Thanks for the tip.
I wonder if the myxedema is causing your absorption issues. I would try the suppository. Are you taking thyroid medication?

OP
C
I wonder if the myxedema is causing your absorption issues. I would try the suppository. Are you taking thyroid medication?

Because of chronic B deficiencies, I react badly to any thyroid product containing T3. After reading about the dangers of high TSH and experimenting with very low doses of T4, I found a dose that lowers my TSH somewhat and does not appear to lower my metabolism (as T4 can for people like me with poor liver function).

OP
C
@Recoen: Today I've been applying more energin (3 drops per dose) in and around the navel, and I may be feeling it -- not sure. When you use energin this way, does most of it go inside the navel, or do you spread it an inch or so out from the navel?

Recoen

@Recoen: Today I've been applying more energin (3 drops per dose) in and around the navel, and I may be feeling it -- not sure. When you use energin this way, does most of it go inside the navel, or do you spread it an inch or so out from the navel?
At first I would drop 2 drops directly in my navel but it took forever to absorb. Someone on the forum recommended using a plastic spoon. Since then I’ve been using a plastic knife and use that to rub it in and around my navel. The ring does go out about 1in. I do this multiple times a day even though it’s still the yellow, riboflavin, color. I like the knife because I can use the serrated edge to perturb my skin a little. I do this because there’s another post on the forum that said damaged skin absorbs better.

Quelsatron

I have some b vitamin capsules, but they have fillers (iirc hydroxymethylated or microcrystalline cellulose). It's there some way i can remove these or maybe they're harmless when topical?

OP
C
At first I would drop 2 drops directly in my navel but it took forever to absorb. Someone on the forum recommended using a plastic spoon. Since then I’ve been using a plastic knife and use that to rub it in and around my navel. The ring does go out about 1in. I do this multiple times a day even though it’s still the yellow, riboflavin, color. I like the knife because I can use the serrated edge to perturb my skin a little. I do this because there’s another post on the forum that said damaged skin absorbs better.

Thanks, @Recoen. That information helps. After more experiments, I think Energin applied in and within roughly 1" of navel is working, but the effects are subtle for me because I'm used to larger doses of B vitamins and because it seems like for me, the vitamins get absorbed more gradually when I use them topically than when I use them orally.

Do you know whether it changes Energin's effectiveness if you wash the skin between applications?

Recoen

Thanks, @Recoen. That information helps. After more experiments, I think Energin applied in and within roughly 1" of navel is working, but the effects are subtle for me because I'm used to larger doses of B vitamins and because it seems like for me, the vitamins get absorbed more gradually when I use them topically than when I use them orally.

Do you know whether it changes Energin's effectiveness if you wash the skin between applications?
I don’t know. The energin thread says the majority absorption happens within 1h of application and to leave it on for 2h to get most of the dose. I notice the same head clearing effects if I put it on over the last dose vs washing the last dose off first then putting it on.

OP
C
I don’t know. The energin thread says the majority absorption happens within 1h of application and to leave it on for 2h to get most of the dose. I notice the same head clearing effects if I put it on over the last dose vs washing the last dose off first then putting it on.

Thanks; good to know.

Vileplume

Hey @Creative Nature, how’s it going with the B supplementation? Have you found anything that works for you?

I have found some benefit from bulksupplements oral thiamine hcl for my adrenaline and heart rate issues, but the powder taken orally seems to agitate my gut.

OP
C
Hey @Creative Nature, how’s it going with the B supplementation? Have you found anything that works for you?

I have found some benefit from bulksupplements oral thiamine hcl for my adrenaline and heart rate issues, but the powder taken orally seems to agitate my gut.

I've been meaning to update this thread. Thanks for reminding me, @Vileplume.

Glad to hear that B1 is helping with your adrenaline troubles. B1 fixed a similar problem for me.

For a while, I did not think that B vitamins dissolved in vodka and water were doing much. After extensive experimentation, I can say that this method definitely does work for me. But because I was used to much larger doses of oral B vitamins than I can use topically, the effects of the topical B vitamins were more subtle. Also, when I experimented with topical B vitamins last summer and autumn, my health was pretty terrible, so I had difficulty distinguishing the effects of supplements from the random fluctuations of my symptoms.

I now take a bit more than one dose of Energin spread across the day. Also, 3X/day, I take 50 mg of thiamine HCl + 125 mg of niacinamide dissolved in vodka and water. I add a few mg of B6 to the morning dose of B1 and B3. I spread Energin and the dissolved mixture of B1 and B3 on the tops of my feet and my legs using the back of a spoon. This method has been working quite well for me. It reduces the severity of my gastritis, helps keep some bad neurological symptoms under control, and improves my mood and energy. Love the B vitamins. (Just don't forget your magnesium.)

Last edited:

A.R

I've been meaning to update this thread. Thanks for reminding me, @Vileplume.

Glad to hear that B1 is helping with your adrenaline troubles. B1 fixed a similar problem for me.

For a while, I did not think that B vitamins dissolved in vodka and water were doing much. After extensive experimentation, I can say that this method definitely does work for me. But because I was used to much larger doses of oral B vitamins than I can use topically, the effects of the topical B vitamins were more subtle. Also, when I experimented with topical B vitamins last summer and autumn, my health was pretty terrible, so I had difficulty distinguishing the effects of supplements from the random fluctuations of my symptoms.

I now take a bit more than one dose of Energin spread across the day. Also, 3X/day, I take 50 mg of thiamine HCl + 125 mg of niacinamide dissolved in vodka and water. I add a few mg of B6 to the morning dose of B1 and B3. I spread Energin and the dissolved mixture of B1 and B3 on the tops of my feet and my legs using the back of a spoon. This method has been working quite well for me. It reduces the severity of my gastritis, helps keep some bad neurological symptoms under control, and improves my mood and energy. Love the B vitamins. (Just don't forget your magnesium.)
Do you get much bone broth in your diet for your gut (or other sources of glycine)?

Also if you don’t mind me asking, how does your diet look like currently?

OP
C
Do you get much bone broth in your diet for your gut (or other sources of glycine)?

Also if you don’t mind me asking, how does your diet look like currently?

Thanks, @A.R.

Every day, I make soup from 4-4.5 tbsps of Great Lakes gelatin. I also make gelatinous ox tail soup now and then. Increasing gelatin intake definitely has helped my gastritis, but not fixed it.

My other protein sources are cheese, shellfish (including oysters), eggs, beef liver, and occasional ground beef or ox tail. I get around 110-125 g/day of protein.

My carb sources are fruit juice (mostly apple, grape, and black cherry), mangoes, dates, and occasional melons. I try to get at least 3X as many calories from carbs as from protein. I use butter and coconut oil for cooking.

I still use transdermal B vitamins, but my stomach now tolerates oral TTFD (a form of B1). TTFD and pregnenolone are probably the things that have done the most to improve my gastritis so far. I'm a long way from optimal health (still coping with hypothyroidism, coagulopathy, exercise intolerance, fatigue, bad GI problems), but making progress...

Last edited:

A.R

Thanks, @A.R.

Every day, I make soup from 4-4.5 tbsps of Great Lakes gelatin. I also make gelatinous ox tail soup now and then. Increasing gelatin intake definitely has helped my gastritis, but not fixed it.

My other protein sources are cheese, shellfish (including oysters), eggs, beef liver, and occasional ground beef or ox tail. I get around 110-125 g/day of protein.

My carb sources are fruit juice (mostly apple, grape, and black cherry), mangoes, dates, and occasional melons. I try to get at least 3X as many calories from carbs as from protein. I use butter and coconut oil for cooking.

I still use transdermal B vitamins, but my stomach now tolerates oral TTFD (a form of B1). TTFD and pregnenolone are probably the things that have done the most to improve my gastritis so far. I'm a long way from optimal health (still coping with hypothyroidism, coagulopathy, exercise intolerance, fatigue, bad GI problems), but making progress...
Ok that’s nice to hear hope you keep on improving

Have you ever tried Glycine powder?

OP
C
Ok that’s nice to hear hope you keep on improving

Have you ever tried Glycine powder?

Thank you. I haven't tried glycine recently. In 2020, when my gastritis was very bad, I tried a few different amino acid powders off and on, including glycine. Unfortunately, like most other oral supplements, the AAs all triggered gastritis symptoms. Lately, as my stomach has improved, I've found I can tolerate a few oral supps, including TTFD and pregnenolone, so maybe in the future my stomach will tolerate glycine powder.

RealNeat

Thank you. I haven't tried glycine recently. In 2020, when my gastritis was very bad, I tried a few different amino acid powders off and on, including glycine. Unfortunately, like most other oral supplements, the AAs all triggered gastritis symptoms. Lately, as my stomach has improved, I've found I can tolerate a few oral supps, including TTFD and pregnenolone, so maybe in the future my stomach will tolerate glycine powder.
Have you tried zinc carnosine? I consume it after a meal, seems to help gastritis and ulcers. Greek yoghurt also really helps, I think it coats the irritated tissue during, after or before meals.

DG-Licorice helps A LOT before consuming anything in my situation but the cortisol, estrogen and high oxalates make it something I can't take consistently.

How can you tolerate magnesium?

OP
C
Have you tried zinc carnosine? I consume it after a meal, seems to help gastritis and ulcers. Greek yoghurt also really helps, I think it coats the irritated tissue during, after or before meals.

DG-Licorice helps A LOT before consuming anything in my situation but the cortisol, estrogen and high oxalates make it something I can't take consistently.

How can you tolerate magnesium?

Thanks for the tips, @RealNeat. Zinc carnosine sounds promising; I'll look into it. I like Greek yoghurt, but the last time I tried it, it triggered my gastritis. My stomach has improved since then, though, so maybe worth another try.

All the magnesium supplements I've tried (including magnesium glycinate and magnesium bicarbonate water) have irritated my stomach. I try to get magnesium by eating a lot of fruit, drinking Gerolsteiner mineral water and lots of (warm, salted) fruit juice, and taking daily baths with epsom salts. A recent intra-muscular magnesium injection did not do much for me, so I'm guessing that the fruit and epsom salts are doing the job.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals