Energin - Liquid B-Complex Vitamin Mix

equipoise

Testing out my first bottle that I've being using for the past 2 weeks or so. Potent. My hair quality must have gone up, I think I was deficient in biotin.
In the beginning, I opted for transdermal application. Found it works great. But sublingual is also very powerful and more handy.
The taste is ok to me, the ethanol is really not a problem. I've had my share of tasting vile things.

I definitely need to up my sugar intake while taking this stuff. Possible hypoglycemia can occur if not well fed. Altho the liver is slowly but steadily improving its glycogen reserves. Need to experiment with higher dose Niacinamide.

Anyways @haidut great product, great work. Very pleased with IdeaLabs. Keep goin

Jam

So, I've been experimenting a bit with Energin, and have run into some confusing (for me) results.
First of all, I must commend @haidut on the very high quality and immense bio-availability of this product.
So, I've run into some paradoxical effects. Basically, I can tolerate higher doses (topical/sublingual) the more saturated fat and less sugar I eat.
To me, this is counter-intuitive.
I can easily take 10 drops sublingually after a meal consisting of a huge fatty steak cooked in tallow and covered with 2 tbsp of raw butter and virtually zero carbs.
Those same 10 drops would give me a very annoying headache after an ultra high-carb meal. In fact, even as little as 3 drops can give me a headache after carbs.
Any ideas on why this is happening?

Last edited:

ursidae

This is a really great supplement. Thank you. I’ve taken other b complex supplements and I either feel/absorb nothing or the ratios of the vitamins are not right. Improved pretty much everything digestion (regularity), skin is kind of better off, energy levels, mood, focus. When I run out of it I can feel that I’m lacking it and my brain turns to mush

GeoX

This is a really great supplement. Thank you. I’ve taken other b complex supplements and I either feel/absorb nothing or the ratios of the vitamins are not right. Improved pretty much everything digestion (regularity), skin is kind of better off, energy levels, mood, focus. When I run out of it I can feel that I’m lacking it and my brain turns to mush
Do you take this topically or orally, and what is your dose? Thanks.

ursidae

Do you take this topically or orally, and what is your dose? Thanks.
I apply about 10 drops to my gums. When I first got it I used slightly over the serving size (around 30) in several applications

So, I've been experimenting a bit with Energin, and have run into some confusing (for me) results.
First of all, I must commend @haidut on the very high quality and immense bio-availability of this product.
So, I've run into some paradoxical effects. Basically, I can tolerate higher doses (topical/sublingual) the more saturated fat and less sugar I eat.
To me, this is counter-intuitive.
I can easily take 10 drops sublingually after a meal consisting of a huge fatty steak cooked in tallow and covered with 2 tbsp of raw butter and virtually zero carbs.
Those same 10 drops would give me a very annoying headache after an ultra high-carb meal. In fact, even as little as 3 drops can give me a headache after carbs.
Any ideas on why this is happening?
Maybe carbs stimulate insuline more and you also need potassium for insulin, since they work together. The thiamine in energin also needs potassium so maybe you’re creating a double whammy with carbs and insulin and and as a result epleting it. Some people had alleviated headaches by adding potassium when using higher doses of thiamine. Try getting more potassium with your carbs and energin, perhaps add magnesium also.

Jam

Maybe carbs stimulate insuline more and you also need potassium for insulin, since they work together. The thiamine in energin also needs potassium so maybe you’re creating a double whammy with carbs and insulin and and as a result epleting it. Some people had alleviated headaches by adding potassium when using higher doses of thiamine. Try getting more potassium with your carbs and energin, perhaps add magnesium also.
Yeah I too figured it must be tied to insulin, but I can't quite explain it. I already take 300-400mg of magnesium in 3 doses after meals and a teaspoon of potassium bicarbonate. And I tolerate carbs extremely well and don't have any insulin or blood glucose related issues. Wonder if it is instead tied to methylation...

Edit: forgot to add that it is definitely not the niacinamide, as I can take up to 500mg at a time without issues.

Last edited:

GreekDemiGod

I finished a bottle of Energin a few weeks ago. Have to say I haven't felt anything different from it. And I actually thought I could benefit from B vitamins.
I took regular doses, 1 serving at most, cause it's a hassle to pour all that liquid over your body.